Imperial Agent Operative - Couple of questions

logiboy

So I've started an IA and it is going to be an Operative as I want to heal once I get to 55. I only play pure light side.

Questions;

1) Any love interest limitations with going light side? There is with the Sith Marauder so just checking now.

2) I'm probably going to talent the Lethality tree as most guides recommend this for leveling. Is this the best option? Also can you heal flashpoints and/or heroic quests if you go into the Lethality tree?

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/imperial-agent/operative/lethality/talent-build

3) Any major gotchas I need to know about in the story line? I don't mind spoilers, I'd rather know about something important coming up as opposed to making a mistake I will regret later on.

4) Any other advice welcome.

Cheers,

Sanctitas

So I've started an IA and it is going to be an Operative as I want to heal once I get to 55. I only play pure light side.

Questions;

1) Any love interest limitations with going light side? There is with the Sith Marauder so just checking now.

2) I'm probably going to talent the Lethality tree as most guides recommend this for leveling. Is this the best option? Also can you heal flashpoints and/or heroic quests if you go into the Lethality tree?

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/imperial-agent/operative/lethality/talent-build

3) Any major gotchas I need to know about in the story line? I don't mind spoilers, I'd rather know about something important coming up as opposed to making a mistake I will regret later on.

4) Any other advice welcome.

Cheers,

Sanctitas

1. Just do the story and find out. Also there are no limitation with the SW, you get the same options you just either have Jaesa go dark or light for male and with a female you can go after either Pierce or Quinn. No limitations.

2. You have to go Medicine to heal all out. With any of the damage specs you can do Kolto Injection, Diagnostic Scan and Kolto Infusion, but only the Medicine tree offers the full range and benefits of healing. Personally I HATE Lethality.

3. Just play the story sans spoilers, that the fun part about the IA. I will say this, Chapter 1 and 2 are EPIC, chapter 3 *********** sucks *** and is complete and utter ****. (Many people overrate the IA story).

4. Enjoy and welcome to the epicness of Op'ing (the art of being and Operative).

1) That is not correct. Only the dark side Sith Warrior can romance Jaesa Willsaam. Didn't find that out until I got to level 50. It doesn't change anything for me because I would never play dark side, so if I want romance I'll have to do it with Vette.

2) But what is the best way to level? Lethality I presume? I can always swap spec once I get to 55, but I guess I won't bother trying to heal flashpoints.

3) IA story has been a lot of fun already. I just got to level 11 last night and the story line is pretty good. Makes me feel like I'm playing as James Bond a bit or something. Quite amusing.

4) Thanks. Thanks also for the feedback, I appreciate it.

1) There are no limitations for the Agent. I think the Warrior is the only class with such a limitation.

2) As said before in this thread, healing and tanking requires you to be in the certain specc.

I personally played Concealement in the leveling phase and sticked to it.

It depends on the playstyle you want to play in the endgame as well, it's always better to "grow up" with the abilties that you want to be using at level 55 instead of respeccing at 55 and learn all the mechanics and core abilites from scratch.

The Agent was my fist character and i loved the story. Sadly after finishing the Agent all other story classes i played (smuggler, knight, warrior, inquisitor) were all a little dissapointing compared to the agent.

Some choices have a deep impact on how your story progresses.

You can be loyal to the Sith, loyal to the agency, loyal to nobody but yourself, or even work for the republic. all depending on your choices.

4) Always remember that the Operative is one of the harder classes to master or even play well in this game (at least in the damagedealer perspective). Always use all tools at your disposal and you will have a lot of fun with this class.

I didin't see if this was mentioned, but this is an important thing to keep in mind for later in the story that is a big spoiler, but I'll keep it as non spoilery as possible:

Shortly after you complete your Voss missions, Kaliyo will become unavailable to you. I personally recommend gearing Lokin as a healer companion once you get him in Taris if you're going to be dps, however, if you like using a tank companion, you might want to gear up SCORPIO after you get her until you get Kaliyo back which will be towards the end of your Corellia missions.

Other spoilery things about the story:

1) The end of Chapter 1 gives you 4 different options. You can join the main villain you're after (this won't really change your story much other than a few dialogue things), you can let him escape and save thousands, capture him and let people die, or just talk him down into giving up, depending on what you want to do. You can avoid fighting him if you join him or if you talk him down.

2) If you like the idea of being sympathetic to the republic, keep all the SIS members alive in chapter 2.

Dont kill Watcher X on Nar Shadaa. Parts of Chapter 2 will seem really cheesy and FORCE(d) if you do.

If you want to lvl as DPS go concealment until you can get Cull in Lethality, lvl 30 IIRC. And once you're 36 imo concealment is more fun, but I play a lethality sniper too and not a big fan of the Cull range/UA requirements on op side of things.

Also, since you are leveling an Operative. You might want to give the Concealed Blade site a view. It's pretty much a SWTOR fansite made specifically for operatives.

http://www.concealedblade.com/

It's got some pretty neat stuff to guide you through the world of Operatives. Though, as the title implies, the focus is Concealment Operatives. But, it's still worth a look.