Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Marauder Offhand Multiplier is 30% with light saber, 100% with training saber!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Sith Marauder Offhand Multiplier is 30% with light saber, 100% with training saber!?

DigitalPigeon
01.24.2017 , 09:11 PM | #1
Hey all,

Back for the first time in 4ish years - wow things are different!

Anyways, playing a new Sith Marauder, and just got my second (off hand) light saber. Stats were all far, far, better than the little training saber it was replacing, but when I equipped it, character screen showed my damage drop way down.

Digging into it more, its because the Training Saber gives a 100% "offhand multiplier", so it adds its total damage to my attack. Meanwhile, the offhand light sabre only has a 30% offhand multiplier - so even though the light saber has double the damage, 30% of that is still less than the training saber.

Bug? Am I missing something? Thanks everyone!

waterhzrd
02.17.2018 , 12:43 PM | #2
Did you ever find an answer to this... I'm having a hard time figuring it out on my Sentinel as well.

JacksonMo
02.17.2018 , 07:54 PM | #3
I don't think you should worry about it. There are no moddable training sabers and nothing beyond the starter planets, so any damage increase you see now will evaporate with a few levels.

waterhzrd
02.17.2018 , 11:37 PM | #4
I agree, but as it is right now, I'm at lvl 40 with a 92 rating lightsaber sitting in my bags because it lowers the damage on every ability on my bar vs the training weapon which is a 18 rating because of the 125% multiplier. I'd rather ditch it, but I'm doing better damage with it even with the stats so much lower. It just doesn't make any sense.

Trogglbecher
07.12.2019 , 02:49 AM | #5
I had the same problem but then figured out, that you have to look for the weapon type.
There are Main and Off Hand weapons. If a lightsaber is both the offhand will only do 30% of the damage.

istvana
07.13.2019 , 07:38 AM | #6
So if it says it is an offhand weapon it will do a lot more damage than if it says it can go in either position?
Interesting - I have just been using any weapon that can go in the offhand slot without caring whether it also can go in the main hand slot.