So why isn't Kreia mentioned at all?

Pietrastor

I mean, she's like one of the most unique, memorable and complex characters in Star Wars universe ever. Furthermore, SHE is the one to drop the bomb that the true Sith Empire still exists and is coming back. How could she get ignored like this?

:jawa_confused:

And please don't say "she's that one that's in love with the Emperor". It makes as much sense as Britney Spears receiving Vocalism Lifetime Achievement Award.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same reason they ignore the rest of KOTOR 2 except for bastardizing it by letting every 'noob' run around with a Nihilus mask.

I mean as you say, she dropped the bomb about the Sith Empire. Oddly enough, though, she failed to foresee the death of the Exile, the only person she really seemed to care for.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

I thought there was a certain entity I one of the class stories that is her, though her name was never said

There is a Q and A about it where the bioware guy says its her butI don't think he wrote that part of the story so he we not 100%

Edited by kirorx

ITs pretty certain its her whataver we like it or not.

by the codex

Darth Baras’s rise to power has been facilitated by his enslavement of a Sith spirit known only as the Entity. Baras dominated this centuries-dead Sith into using her powers of precognition and farseeing to aid his ascendancy onto the Dark Council while plotting the destruction of all enemies in his path. The Entity chafes at her enslavement, desperately seeking freedom from this ignoble fate. Centuries ago, she nearly brought the galaxy to its knees and all but eradicated the Jedi Order; to be used as a mere political tool by Darth Baras is an insult to these past deeds.

I dont know who could fit the description if not Kreia.

Certainly not without its flaws, but that seems the general ideia.

Not suprising given that KOTOR 2 was made by Obsidian and not Bioware... yet a part that matters here is lucasarts for obvious reasons, wich was the same publisher of the 2 games, if im not mistaken. How could they be so careless. Very badly managed in my opinion.

I mean, she's like one of the most unique, memorable and complex characters in Star Wars universe ever. Furthermore, SHE is the one to drop the bomb that the true Sith Empire still exists and is coming back. How could she get ignored like this?

:jawa_confused:

And please don't say "she's that one that's in love with the Emperor". It makes as much sense as Britney Spears receiving Vocalism Lifetime Achievement Award.

Not much of KOTOR2 exists in TOR and I have to imagine that has alot to do with the fact that Bioware didn't make KOTOR2.

KOTOR2 didn't really extend the first game or rather it was more of a game set in the same universe, and same time period, more than it was a direct sequel. As a result of that though it made it really easy for Bioware to ignore alot of it when it came to TOR.

This is actually pretty common for Obsidian's games. For instance I don't imagine that Fallout New Vegas will have much of an impact on Fallout 4 if any at all.

Not much of KOTOR2 exists in TOR and I have to imagine that has alot to do with the fact that Bioware didn't make KOTOR2.

KOTOR2 didn't really extend the first game or rather it was more of a game set in the same universe, and same time period, more than it was a direct sequel. As a result of that though it made it really easy for Bioware to ignore alot of it when it came to TOR.

This is actually pretty common for Obsidian's games. For instance I don't imagine that Fallout New Vegas will have much of an impact on Fallout 4 if any at all.

Which is very strange considering that the Kotor campagin book for the Star Wars RPG put out by wizards of the coast has everything from both games in them, but then again their cannon Revan is a girl and Bio's is a man. SO who knows.

Whoops make that Revans a guy and its the Exile thats a girl my bad :D

Edited by Solo-Jo

I believe she is the Dark Side Entity that shows up in the Sith Warrior's chapter 3 story. If you read the description, it fits her to a T.

I'll try to find the link, but I'm pretty sure a Dev actually confirmed that at some point.

Which is very strange considering that the Kotor campagin book for the Star Wars RPG put out by wizards of the coast has everything from both games in them, but then again their cannon Revan is a girl and Bio's is a man. SO who knows.

Whoops make that Revans a guy and its the Exile thats a girl my bad :D

That book was put out by a third party company (Wizards of The Coast) and as such they're not as invested in the product as somebody like Bioware is/was.

KOTOR was created by Bioware, it was their story. They planned to continue that story, but Microsoft wanted a follow up game right away while Bioware instead wanted to do Jade Empire before doing KOTOR2. This is why Obsidian was brought in to develop KOTOR2 and why the game was so rushed, but ultimately KOTOR2 was Obsidian's game/story and not Bioware's.

I can see why Bioware would't want to touch upon KOTOR2 given how the whole situation was handled.

ITs pretty certain its her whataver we like it or not.

by the codex

I dont know who could fit the description if not Kreia.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious the Codex entry is supposed to refer to Kreia. But then, if it wasn't for that Codex entry, no one would even think that there was any connection intended. The Entity doesn't look like Kreia, doesn't sound like Kreia, nor anything she says or her personality fits Kreia at all.

Edited by Pietrastor

his is why Obsidian was brought in to develop KOTOR2 and why the game was so rushed.

It was rushed because LucasArts told them a month before they'd released it that their extra year of development time wouldn't be given and the game had to be out by christmas or the whole project is shut down.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious the Codex entry is supposed to refer to Kreia. But then, if it wasn't for that Codex entry, no one would even think that there was any connection intended. The Entity doesn't look like Kreia, doesn't sound like Kreia, nor anything she says or her personality fits Kreia at all.

Pretty much. Having her babble on about how the Emperor was her love and how she's grateful to be freed from Baras's control isn't so much at odds with her original character and motivations as it is all out are-you-kidding-me character ruining retconning. Kreia hated the Force. She referred to it as a poison that she uses in the hopes of learning how to kill. I can't imagine gratitude would be on her list of emotions when becoming one with it.

I'd rather just pretend it's someone else, and retain a little more faith in Bioware's writers to not screw up so profoundly.

Edited by Bleeters

It was rushed because LucasArts told them a month before they'd released it that their extra year of development time wouldn't be given and the game had to be out by christmas or the whole project is shut down.

Uh Huh, luckily TSLRCM+M4-78 came in and we got our game...

Shame it's not accepted as canon.

I'll try to find the link, but I'm pretty sure a Dev actually confirmed that at some point.

I remember this one interview where Drew mentioned, despite not being involved in the writing for that particular bit, that the character was no other than Kreia. I also read that somewhere in this forum but can't find where...

Restored content mod is here.

As for a writer confirming that dumb crone was Kreia,,,well, either Obsidian shot his dog and now he hates their guts and takes petty revenge on their characters or he didn't actually play KOTOR2 at all.

They did shoot his dog in a sense. They created a game where everything doesn't revolve around Revan

So in TOR he gets his revenge. Kreia is reduced to a generic Sith fangirl. The Exile dies a meaningless, ignoble death. And we find that Revan, naturally, has single-handedly been keeping the Emperor and the Empire at bay all these centuries and also prevented it from capitalizing on the Sack of Coruscant. :p

Edited by jovianus

Restored content mod is here.

As for a writer confirming that dumb crone was Kreia,,,well, either Obsidian shot his dog and now he hates their guts and takes petty revenge on their characters or he didn't actually play KOTOR2 at all.

No, BioWare is just showing what they are good at now! Character Assassinations, just look at what they did to Shepard in the last 15 minutes of the game not to mention the out of character auto-talking during the rest of the game.

Forgive the noob question, but wasn't that cancelled or something? Where can I actually find this?

Someone allready posted the link, the one from team Gizka was cancelled yes, but it was done by another group of modders.

Very well I might add....

Edit: Changed "losers" to modders, stupid autocorrect with its hilarity.

They did shoot his dog in a sense. They created a game where everything doesn't revolve around Revan

So in TOR he gets his revenge. Kreia is reduced to a generic Sith fangirl. The Exile dies a meaningless, ignoble death. And we find that Revan, naturally, has single-handedly been keeping the Emperor and the Empire at bay all these centuries and also prevented it from capitalizing on the Sack of Coruscant. :p

Yup, that's pretty much how I looked at it too.

Bioware wanted to be the ones to develop KOTOR2 and continue the story they created and while KOTOR2 didn't exactly step on the toes of anything that was written before it did introduce alot of things, characters, etc, that Bioware wouldn't of done had they continued the story.

I think the way Lucasarts handled the situation just left a bad taste in Bioware's mouth. Like "You guys seriously could'n't have just waited for us to finish Jade Empire?" and look what ended up happening as a result of that. We did end up getting a KOTOR2, but at a what cost?

I think the way Lucasarts handled the situation just left a bad taste in Bioware's mouth. Like "You guys seriously could'n't have just waited for us to finish Jade Empire?" and look what ended up happening as a result of that. We did end up getting a KOTOR2, but at a what cost?

Well that's not Obsidian's fault. I doubt Bioware could have done any better if Lucas Arts had suddenly gone, "Oh, the game's only half finished? Ship it out immediately anyway, we want it in stores for the Holidays." :p

Bioware wanted to be the ones to develop KOTOR2 and continue the story they created and while KOTOR2 didn't exactly step on the toes of anything that was written before it did introduce alot of things, characters, etc, that Bioware wouldn't of done had they continued the story.

OK seriously, criticism is one thing and conspiracy theories another. Bioware was simply more interested in making new IPs at the time rather than KOTOR 2. They personally recommended Obsidian for KOTOR 2.

Well that's not Obsidian's fault. I doubt Bioware could have done any better if Lucas Arts had suddenly gone, "Oh, the game's only half finished? Ship it out immediately anyway, we want it in stores for the Holidays." :p

I don't know, it always seems like Obsidian gets pushed around by big publishers. I agree that it's not their fault, but if they had waited and let Bioware develop it, then they could've also had a bit more patience in terms of rushing it out the door.

I feel like Bioware would've had more pull in the situation, but then again Lucasarts wouldn't wait for them to finish Jade Empire first, so who knows.

OK seriously, criticism is one thing and conspiracy theories another. Bioware was simply more interested in making new IPs at the time rather than KOTOR 2. They personally recommended Obsidian for KOTOR 2.

I'm not saying that Bioware hated Obsidian, I'm saying they didn't like how the whole situation of KOTOR2 was handled, ie the way Lucasarts handled everything.

And to some degree somebody was unsatisfied with KOTOR2 or else we would've had more references to it and what was there would'n't have been treated so poorly. I would say it was Drew Karpyshyn, but he didn't write the Sith Warrior storyline