Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you plan to Level your Character?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
How do you plan to Level your Character?

Tandil
12.13.2011 , 08:35 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by mountains View Post
Leveling as Lightning with a tanking Khem Val companion.

Chain Lightning is too good to pass up, and being able to just dismiss/resummon Khem Val instead of healing him is frankly almost as efficient as having a healing spec in the first place.
That is my plan also.

jeffreyg
12.13.2011 , 09:11 AM | #22
I will be healing spec, it was easy to level as one, plus you get the benefits of getting in Heroics fasster than a dps.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"......

ATCkbro
12.13.2011 , 09:12 AM | #23
Lightning and Madness with potential respec into heals for end game.
Do what you feel is necessary but be wary the dark side of the force calls.... The Fatman Sith Sorceror Hawx

Pitzzin
12.13.2011 , 09:19 AM | #24
The corruption companion is really good, so leveling as corruption and let your companion kill everything while you heal it is probably the best way to level with the addition that you are a healer and will have an easier time getting into flashpoints. Madness is probably the second best way to go if you insist on dps. The stuns, CC's, self heals and shields make leveling as madness highly effective when taking on big groups and staying alive, it is also more effective than lighting, but in flashpoints will most likely do a bit less dps.

swtormaster.wordpress.com

chrisronline
12.13.2011 , 10:13 AM | #25
I'm still not sure personally - I'll probably wait to make a decision until level 10

bennyrosso
12.13.2011 , 10:20 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pitzzin View Post
The corruption companion is really good, so leveling as corruption and let your companion kill everything while you heal it is probably the best way to level with the addition that you are a healer and will have an easier time getting into flashpoints. Madness is probably the second best way to go if you insist on dps. The stuns, CC's, self heals and shields make leveling as madness highly effective when taking on big groups and staying alive, it is also more effective than lighting, but in flashpoints will most likely do a bit less dps.

swtormaster.wordpress.com
The corruption companion?
U mean improved by talents or what?

xerintha
12.13.2011 , 10:41 AM | #27
I'm a DPS junkie and I love mage types so I'm likely to go heavy on Lightening with a bit into corruption.

astrangedeath
12.13.2011 , 10:59 AM | #28
Nice topic thread. Personally I'm going for full healing spec in corruption for leveling as I will likely be leveling with my real life mates. Plus I learned from WoW that healers can get into instances so much faster than DPS.

"How do you kill that which has no life?" "By performing a barrel-roll of epic proportions."

Averie
12.13.2011 , 12:19 PM | #29
I'll be leveling full corruption. My husband will be playing a tank and the companions will dps. Can't wait!

dragalar
12.13.2011 , 12:22 PM | #30
For people planning on speccing 31 corruption, how do you plan to spend your talents as you level up? Do you intend to head straight to revivification, or should we be spending some talents in the lightning tree earlier to improve our force pool/reduce force costs?