Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Parasitism and Devour

Frailone
12.14.2011 , 05:42 PM | #1
Doing some theoretical math just to explain easier. In pvp videos people have around 10-15k hps, so let's assume our sorc has 10k hit points. Parasitism, tier 2 talent, with 2 points gives us 1% health back when dots crit. So the 10000 hps sorc will get 100 health per crit. Now we zoom up to tier 6, almost as high as you can go, spend another 2 talent points to get 20% more healing. So the 10000 hps sorc will get 120 health per crit(yes I know devour works on death field).

Is this how it works in game? Never took parasitism during the beta. Do we spend 2 talent points at tier 6 to get 20 out of 10000 hps back on a dot crit?

Frailone
12.15.2011 , 12:11 AM | #2
Has no one taken devour?

Yoshirou
12.15.2011 , 05:11 AM | #3
It is not ment to keep you alive during a focus fire.

Its just a little extra healing that should help during area attacks in flashpoints. Your healer will like it.

Also, i dont see any better talents that you can dump your points in to get the 31point ability.
Edit: I mean after taking the obvious DPS talents.

Frailone
12.15.2011 , 05:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoshirou View Post
It is not ment to keep you alive during a focus fire.

Its just a little extra healing that should help during area attacks in flashpoints. Your healer will like it.

Also, i dont see any better talents that you can dump your points in to get the 31point ability.
Edit: I mean after taking the obvious DPS talents.
At tier 2 for 2 talent points we get 1% healing and at tier 6 for 2 talent points we get 0.2% more?

One I was hoping there was more to it and two tier 6 talents should be better than ones far below it imo.

Ashnazg
12.15.2011 , 06:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Frailone View Post
Doing some theoretical math just to explain easier. In pvp videos people have around 10-15k hps, so let's assume our sorc has 10k hit points. Parasitism, tier 2 talent, with 2 points gives us 1% health back when dots crit. So the 10000 hps sorc will get 100 health per crit. Now we zoom up to tier 6, almost as high as you can go, spend another 2 talent points to get 20% more healing. So the 10000 hps sorc will get 120 health per crit(yes I know devour works on death field).

Is this how it works in game? Never took parasitism during the beta. Do we spend 2 talent points at tier 6 to get 20 out of 10000 hps back on a dot crit?
You are slightly off about the total amount of hp pool at 50. You will likely arrive at 50 with 12k hp, and you will probably gear up to about 17k or 20k with lots of pvp purples.

My assassin was sitting at 15k, and I only had 4 purples (dps spec, not a tank spec).

And yeah basically its not a worthwhile talent, unless you really go heavy on multidotting, but even then it won't do much for you. (EDIT: Death Field healing might be worth it, shrug, never got that high on my sorc).

Elysion
12.16.2011 , 02:09 PM | #6
For soloing in pve you may be surprised, i played an operative that had a self heal that healed 3% of max health every 3 seconds (1% a second), and i was amazed at how much it helped. I went from having to use my downtime healing ability every few fights to never having to use it at all. If you get your crit chance high and spread some dots around it should be easy to be getting ~1% a second when fighting multiple mobs.

Of course if you are already blowing through stuff with out any downtime then its overkill and pointless for this purpose.