Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feather Armor

JOutlaw
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #1
Hey all, hoping you can wrap up my curiosity.
In the Sith Inquisitor Progression video, it showed the Sith Assassin wearing the feather topped armor. I had previously assumed that this was going to be the armor for the Sith Sorcerer and not the Assassin.

I guess what I want to know is, do both the Assassin and the Sorcerer get the same looking armor but with different specs, or will the armors that they get at higher / max levels be completely different in their appearance?
Some say Tomato, others say Tomato, but when you write it down, it doesn't make a lick of difference.

Liberate
12.13.2011 , 08:36 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JOutlaw View Post
In the Sith Inquisitor Progression video, it showed the Sith Assassin wearing the feather topped armor. I had previously assumed that this was going to be the armor for the Sith Sorcerer and not the Assassin.

I guess what I want to know is, do both the Assassin and the Sorcerer get the same looking armor but with different specs, or will the armors that they get at higher / max levels be completely different in their appearance?
The armor you're referring to. I have seen it on numerous high level sorcs on various pvp videos. So unless they changed it, it's a look the sorcs will have as well
Liberate

SySnootles
12.13.2011 , 09:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JOutlaw View Post

Sadly its a pvp armor, so unless your planning to grind some warzones, your out of luck

Battlemaster Force-Master's Headgear

But you have some very nice looking alternatives in the form of:

Headgear of the Mind's Eye

[Prototype] Ancient Battlemind's Headgear

[Prototype] Cerebral Battle Headgear

Hope that helps

JOutlaw
12.13.2011 , 10:59 AM | #4
Thanks guys! Especially for the links to the other gear that will be available.
Some say Tomato, others say Tomato, but when you write it down, it doesn't make a lick of difference.

Infalliable
12.13.2011 , 11:43 AM | #5
The stats required for assassins and sorcs on the armor are the same (both want willpower and endurance) as are the class of armor (both light), so there is a fair amount of overlap between them.

DPS assasins and sorcs will want the same/very similar armor. Healers are pretty close to the same. Tankish assassins will have some differing optimal stats (more endurance and defensive focused secondary stats).

Since most of the stats are depending on swappable mods, the appearance for all of them can be the same.

Hydranova
12.14.2011 , 06:05 PM | #6
I could've sworn there were other feather headgears beside just that one. Wasn't there a purple-orange one?

So how do you get that one, anyways...
Char name: Karratan
Class: sith Sorceror
Race: Human (male)
Guild: The Black Mantle

Ashnazg
12.14.2011 , 06:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hydranova View Post
I could've sworn there were other feather headgears beside just that one. Wasn't there a purple-orange one?

So how do you get that one, anyways...
From what I've seen / remember from the end-game gear, there are currently four headsets for light armor

a) the hockey mask with those bars across the face
b) the K K K hoodie
c) the feather mask
d) WoW druid horns

Since you can pull mods out of armor and replace with your own, you can swap gear looks np. It'll cost some money (20k per removed mod) but you can do it.

Hydranova
12.14.2011 , 07:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
From what I've seen / remember from the end-game gear, there are currently four headsets for light armor

a) the hockey mask with those bars across the face
b) the K K K hoodie
c) the feather mask
d) WoW druid horns

Since you can pull mods out of armor and replace with your own, you can swap gear looks np. It'll cost some money (20k per removed mod) but you can do it.
So there's a low level feather mask? What is it?
Char name: Karratan
Class: sith Sorceror
Race: Human (male)
Guild: The Black Mantle

SySnootles
12.15.2011 , 09:16 AM | #9
I have to say that sorcerer armors are the nicest looking armors in the game, by a big margin