if you could recast anikan skywalker right now

JoshuaSmith

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad actor, but the way Lucas told him how to act.. blegh.

This.

Christensen wasn't the problem. Nor was Portman. I felt so embarrassed for those two when I saw the prequels. The problem was the direction, and the truly horrible scripts, piled on top of everything being green screen.

With the original movies, even though most of the talent was far from top notch, at least they had sets to work in that created the environment for them to act in.

I dunno, if you think about Anakin the character, he was a slave, that goes into the Jedi order... most probably wouldn't know how to express there feelings. Some would have emotional problems as being a child or young adult, with everything and trying to follow the Jedi Code of having no emotion. On top of what he felt for his mother, wanting to be more powerful and how he felt for Padme and he was socially awkward. I don't think most Jedi knew how to handle themselves with other people, that's the impression I get, they are pretty much monks who live away from everyone else. I think the acting was fine. I think people just want to find something to ***** about like always.

I hated the young anakin, the child actor was awful and Jar-Jar... but other than that, I like the movies.

Edited by TheOnyxHero

Who would you cast?

A lot of people think Hayden Christensen was not good for the role.

So my question is,Who would you cast?

My personal vote would be: Chris Pine

idk though, there could be others that would be much better, who do you think?????

I wouldn't recast him at all. I think he was perfect for the part. You can't blame him for poor writing and direction.

Jeff Bridges, reprising an earlier role he did. The prequels would require title changes:

I. The Fascist Menace

II. Attack of the Nihilists

III. Revenge of the Jesus

Bonus points if we could also properly cast Obi-Walter Sobchak and Maude Amidala.

Young little kid anakin - That lip sync kid from youtube... i have no idea what his name is, got those big glasses and all. yea, he's perfect.

Gary Oldman can handle the rest. Guy's the best actor in the history of mankind figure he could do this role ok.

Not a bad actor, but the way Lucas told him how to act.. blegh.

Yeah, I think he did a pretty good job (with the lines he had to say). I could definitely feel emotions coming from him; I just wish the emotions he had to portray were less whiny :D

Jeff Bridges, reprising an earlier role he did. The prequels would require title changes:

I. The Fascist Menace

II. Attack of the Nihilists

III. Revenge of the Jesus

Bonus points if we could also properly cast Obi-Walter Sobchak and Maude Amidala.

That's like, your opinion man.