Seperatist or Republic?

Selenial

This question has always baffled me, whether I'd go Seperatist or Republic, had I lived in the Star Wars universe and had been a senator.

I think I've finally come to the conclusion that I'd be a seperatist.

Mainly because:

-Dooku's evilness wasn't known by the Galaxy

-Palpatine was blatantly corrupt.

-The release of a clone army seconds before a galactic war began would make me think.

-I'd probably be an Uber important senator (lawlz) and because I'd join willingly, I'd probably think Dooku would respect me.

So what about you guys?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I've actually being considering this myself recently.

Still the same. Separatist.

But you forgot to add a few things to your list:

1. A slave army of cloned human beings bred for violence is just plain wrong.

2. Phony Jedi peacekeepers getting involved in a political conflict.

3. The Separatist Parliament reach decisions far quicker than the Senate.

4. "The Republic cannot be fixed, m'lady. It is time to start over." :D

Its possible I might regret the decision later like Bonteri's, but I'd still leave the Republic.

EDIT: Oh and the Separtist Parliament building is based of the House of Commons which is way cooler that the lousy Grand Convocation Chamber. Hail Britannia! :p

Edited by Beniboybling

LOL, I've actually being considering this myself recently.

Still the same. Separatist.

But you forgot to add a few things to your list:

1. A slave army of cloned human beings bred for violence is just plain wrong.

2. Phony Jedi peacekeepers getting involved in a political conflict.

3. "The Republic cannot be fixed, m'lady. It is time to start over." :D

Its possible I might regret the decision later like Bonteri's, but I'd still leave the Republic

Oh there are plenty of reasons :p I just wanted everyone to get a chance :D

More include the fact that the republic is run by the corporations

The senate is corrupt.

The Republic also gained a fleet out of nowhere.

The thing is, to the galaxy, it would seem like the Republic had been amassing for War anyway, and yet the Seperatists had shown no threat of violence at all before the Clone Wars began.

It'd look shifty and eeeevillllll :p.

Oh there are plenty of reasons :p I just wanted everyone to get a chance :D

More include the fact that the republic is run by the corporations

The senate is corrupt.

The Republic also gained a fleet out of nowhere.

The thing is, to the galaxy, it would seem like the Republic had been amassing for War anyway, and yet the Seperatists had shown no threat of violence at all before the Clone Wars began.

It'd look shifty and eeeevillllll :p.

Indeed and Palpatine is slowly infringing on citizen rights and increasing security.

I'm not sure. I would be very suspicious of Dooku and it is well known that the factions creating the droid armies are corporations or at least major powers within those companies. (Trade Fed, Techno Union, Commerce Guild, Banking Clans etc...)

As for the clones, I'd be opposed to it sure but using droids to subjugate worlds so brutally... You have to think it was common knowledge with how many planets they "liberated" there is no way they'd keep those reports secret. Flesh and blood soldiers will still appeal to me more than those remorseless tin-cans.

I'd probably side with the Jedi. Try to work within the Republic. However, once Palps takes the banks I'm headed for the hills, ignoring BOTH sides.

I'm not sure. I would be very suspicious of Dooku and it is well known that the factions creating the droid armies are corporations or at least major powers within those companies. (Trade Fed, Techno Union, Commerce Guild, Banking Clans etc...)

As for the clones, I'd be opposed to it sure but using droids to subjugate worlds so brutally... You have to think it was common knowledge with how many planets they "liberated" there is no way they'd keep those reports secret. Flesh and blood soldiers will still appeal to me more than those remorseless tin-cans.

I'd probably side with the Jedi. Try to work within the Republic. However, once Palps takes the banks I'm headed for the hills, ignoring BOTH sides.

Mmm, but the CIS had their own HoloNet feed which discredited the reports of their atrocities by the Republic and highlighted the Republic's own. So it likely wasn't so black and white.

And I'd rather see tin cans be put through a meat grinder as opposed to human beings.

The Republic may be corrupt, but its underlying principles remain. I would join Mon Mothma and Bail Organa in fighting the corruption of the Senate and the Chancellor. It may not be a battle that can be won, but then:

"Some fights must be fought whether you believe you can win them or not."

It's certainly better than siding with the guys that condone genocide and chemical warfare.

The Republic may be corrupt, but its underlying principles remain. I would join Mon Mothma and Bail Organa in fighting the corruption of the Senate and the Chancellor. It may not be a battle that can be won, but then:

"Some fights must be fought whether you believe you can win them or not."

It's certainly better than siding with the guys that condone genocide and chemical warfare.

This^

Plus, unlike a lot of the Separatists, I have respect for the Jedi and what they stand for. Might be different if I was one, but from the outside I like them more than a faction with potential Sith ties.

Pretty much with Star and Aurbere here would have been with the Republic..... then the rebellion.

I trust the jedi, even if I know palps is corrupt I fight his corruption and hope that the jedi as well as senators can work towards a peaceful resolution.

Fact of the matter is, Palps was pulling both strings. Which was the genious of his plan. It didn't matter who won, either he would be Emperor Palpatine or Emperor Darth Sidious. Either way.... he wins, that was the genious of the game.

Edited by tunewalker

This^

Plus, unlike a lot of the Separatists, I have respect for the Jedi and what they stand for. Might be different if I was one, but from the outside I like them more than a faction with potential Sith ties.

Well, as a Senator, you probably wouldn't know anything about the Sith. Dave Filoni himself has commented that if the Jedi told the Senate that Palpatine was a Sith, most of them wouldn't care.

Palpatine corrupt? What is this, a separatist propaganda speech?

Palpatine couldn't afford to be corrupt, or he would've been replaced like Valorum. Everything he gained was with the senate's approval and ovation.

Well not everyone in the Senate is in agreement with giving him those powers Senator. Some of us wish not to give up our freedoms! *some cheers in the background*

Well not everyone in the Senate is in agreement with giving him those powers Senator. Some of us wish not to give up our freedoms! *some cheers in the background*

Some things must be done, whatever means necessary. *big ovation quells some cheer in the background* :p

Edited by cs_zoltan

You forgot a "faction": the Neutral Systems. Thousands of worlds that chose neither side, most of which chose to stay out of the war as much as possible. I would probably be one of those because the Republic is very corrupt, but the CIS's leadership is suspect: Dooku, Grevious, Ventriss, Gunray, etc do not inspire "goodness."

Some things must be done, whatever means necessary. *big ovation quells some cheer in the background* :p

Yes, yes indeed. *Ovation dies down*

But if we lose what we are in our quest to win, have we really won? *murmurs begin*

If the Republic falls anyways, because our value for democracy and law has degraded beyond recognition, are we any better than those we oppose? *louder murmurs, some condemnations*

I tell you, this is not a step towards victory! It is a surrender. A surrender of the rights and freedoms that form the foundation of this Republic! *the Senate erupts in noise, some chanting, some cheering, others cursing.*

What is it, another Senate debate going nowhere?What's wrong? Did the Senate just give the Chancellor more emergency powers?

:jawa_wink:

You know how it is. More speeches, but nothing gets done. Stop talking and do something, right?

Palpatine corrupt? What is this, a separatist propaganda speech?

Palpatine couldn't afford to be corrupt, or he would've been replaced like Valorum. Everything he gained was with the senate's approval and ovation.

Youre joking, right?

Every senator knew he wanted power, but he'd entrenched himself in the society. Every senator wanted a piece of that power and would do anything for it, a vote of no confidence would not pass.

As for the neutral systems, possible, but as we've seen it's nigh impossible to actually stay neutral.