Jedi Sage DPS viable for endgame?

GeekAmbus

So I was wondering about going Jedi Sage and wanted to know if it's viable for DPS for endgame raiding? or is there better choices for DPS classes?

All DPS's are about the same, effect wise, though they have their favorites (telekinetics is the swtor mage which loves area effects but is weak against single strong opponents for example) .

The bonus to sage is you can level pretty easy as a DPS then respec to heals and everyone will be your best friend.

If you can get over the fact that healing can be boring.

Though not as boring as sitting around spamming looking for groups and getting no replies.

Edited by KivanSane

Bioware worked to make sure eery class that can DPS does about the same DPS as a "pure" DPS class does. They did this because, and this one is a big shocker, playing an MMO should be about fun! It should be about playing what YOU want to play, and not being criticized by everyone else because you didn't pick "the dps class" but instead are playing "the tank" or "The healer" and are specced into their DPS trees.

I know it's a big change from world of warcraft where if you wanted to DPS you HAD to be X class, if you wanted to tank you HAD to be Y class (because some tanks were simply BETTER than others, so why bother with the "inferior" tank classes), and if you wanted to heal you had to be Z class. It's why when looking at the classes in TOR you can't just say "oh this class is pretty much a mage in WoW!" or "This is a paladin!"

Another difference! TOR isn't based around "endgame". It's not about racing to endgame while ignoring everything else the game has to offer as if going from 1-50 is a chore you have to do before you get to the "real game". TOR's real game is leveling from 1 to 50 experiencing the different class story and making different choices.

Edited by PinnyFox

I am very much hopeful that the philosophy of 'you can do what you want' holds true, both in design and in the minds of the players.

I've played healers before, but that is not why I chose Sage. I wanted a 'wizardly' Jedi, one who primarily does damage through the Force, and this was the closest option. My build is Balance with some Telekinetics and almost no Seer.

While I am fully aware that I have a heal button - which I will use when called for - I want to be recruited to groups as DPS. I've had my fill of sitting back and doing heal-heal-heal (not to mention getting blamed when things go wrong). Been doing it since EQ1. Now, it's time to get my Yoda/Kreia/Palpatine/Jolee on.

Edited by Neelig