Computer Requierments Help!!!

ZombieCiircus

It's hard to pick one thing, but if you currently have integrated graphics, a stand alone video card is probably your best bang for buck. That said, your CPU is outdated and with only 3 GB of RAM you will likely get some chugging.

If you can only buy one component go for the video card. I believe you meet the min sys reqs so you should be able to play the game, just don't expect to be able to turn up graphics settings too high and be prepared for slowdowns when there are a lot of objects or players on screen.

Also just noticed you only have a 250W power supply...according to what I read the GeForce GT 630 requires a minimum of a 300W PS, so you might get some wonky things happening if you don't upgrade the power supply too. I can't speak with authority on that though.

Edited by Jnight

Forget about AMD ... this game doesn't work well under AMD CPUs

I would go for Core i5 above 3.2 GHz, 8 GB of RAM & Nvidia 650 video.

• 2 weeks later...
Forget about AMD ... this game doesn't work well under AMD CPUs

I would go for Core i5 above 3.2 GHz, 8 GB of RAM & Nvidia 650 video.

why are you posting this bs in every computer thread ? im reposting the answer you got in another thread. here :

dont perpetuate bs. amd works much better for MMOS. you are gpu intensive in mmos - you dont want latency. even if you implement a cluster of 4-5 computers thinking that it will get you over the '200 toons in stormwind' lag, it wont - you are limited with your connection and how it handles arbitrarily arriving data. even if you have 100 mbps, still a random toon appearing out of the corner will introduce delay.

and anyone who pays for a nvidia gpu instead of cheaper and comparably more powerful ati ones is a fool, and i have a bridge to sell them - its in san francisco.

im still using Phenom 965 4 core in a bulldozer capable 990fx mobo, with 6950 2 gb (unlocked). and im flying high still.

hell, im even able to run mount and blade warband under wine in linux with these specs and fly high with it.

ps : btw i STILL am using xp 32 bit and running the game by being limited to 3 gb ram despite having 8 gigs of ram, because i like the font sharpness and types in xp. and i am able to run any game with these specs spectacularly - i even do 3d gaming (using tridef) with a 42 inch lg tv.

Fairly sure even if the card is pci express 2.0 it´s backward compatible so it will work in his MB. I would get 2x4g ram stick with that card, or even 2x8g You can never have too much ram. Also you probably would need a new powersuply. 250W ís not enough for current days GFX.