What defines the cost of crafted items?

TrixxieTriss

For DYE's I rarely pay attention to them. Most of the crafted DYEs available at the trainers are ugly (imo) and the ones you get from the various rep vendors are the only ones I really like. I sell those between 30k & 50k each, depending on if anyone else is around that price.

The resource list for them isn't too intense and it's pretty easy to crit for an freebie.

WOW... 30-50k is way too cheap for most crafted dual colour dyes on SF. Especially when you consider you need 4 of each colour crystal, 8 blue mats, and 4 bonded mats (that require 4 green and 2 vendor mats). That alone pushes the cost price for those to close to 40k (depending on the lvl of mats needed).

I really hope you aren’t one of the guys that jumps on and drives the prices down that low.

My cut off for dyes is 60k and that is the bare minimum even only if I’ve got overstock, I won’t get into undercut Wars below that. I find the sweet spot for the higher demand dies will quickly sell between 90-120k. Honestly some of the higher demand ones will sell at 120k or higher all day and we (usual sellers) can’t keep up. This is when lots of us start buying mats straight off the GTN and you can see them disappearing fast the price going up on those.

I cost priced one of the best selling dyes (GTN mat prices) the other day when there was a run on them and it was well over 200k. We (the usual sellers) were selling the dyes between 99-120k. So if we were to purchase the mats the dyes would have been at half price. At that point the dye prices started to rise. I don’t get greedy and I cap my highest at 120k. But if demand is high and I’m struggling to keep up, I just pull out until I get more stocked up. That way those guys who list higher can also make some credits. Like I said I’m not greedy.

Then the price destroyers appear and start listing the same dyes 52k (this seems to be their price) every day without fail and we all have to stop. I can’t understand why they do it when they could be selling at the same price as we all are and supporting us keep the GTN stocked. Half the time we can’t keep up the crafting of demand as it is. So driving the price into the ground is so stupid. So for 3/5ths of the day there are two guys that destroy the dye values. Then the uninitiated get into a an undercutting war and drive it lower. (I will sometimes buy those dyes if they become stupidly low, like 10-20k.

The slightly less demand dyes sweet spot is between 65-70k. The low demand duel dyes go between 50-65k. I don’t sell those unless they are 60k plus. And I don’t bother crafting the really low demand duel dyes or the single colour dyes. Its a waste of time and resources selling dyes for 2-10k.

Grade 5-6 colour crystal mats are some of the more time consuming to farm because of the distances you need to travel the slow respawns of them. I will often buy these on the GTN if they are below certain price.

Grade 8-9 colour crystals and mats are by far the easiest in the game to farm. I can get 200 of each colour in about an hour (depending on other farmers). But mission blue mats also cost a fortune with these to farm and the vendor white mats are much higher than the lower tiered ones. Over all the teiree grade dyes nearly balance out to the same costs as the higher grade ones. Usually the GTN mats are much higher for the lower grade dyes than higher.

Bidding/undercut wars can be a bit of fun, but undercutting any less than 1-10 credits is stupid because you don’t need to and all people are doing is devaluing the market price till no one makes any credits.

The problem is buying these dyes at 52k is risky. I’ve been burnt before trying to clear out his listings so we could start selling at 90k again. But he just lists more or then the market is overstocked and he’s already devalued the price so no one who saw them earlier will now buy them. You also need to take the GTN tax into account. Buying those at 52k and relistign at 90k would return you 82k as long as people don’t start undercutting.

I don’t just sell dyes either, I sell mods, enhancments and Augments (not the gold ones, the mats are too expensive to buy and I’m not going to farm them to craft). I’m thinking of giving up dyes because of the 1-2 fools that get on everyday and devalue them.

I’m interested to hear from the other “crafters” out there about their experiences and how they work out their cut off cost prices. Are you also seeing behaviours like this and how do you deal with it. Is it worth me even bothering to keep crafting under these circumstances.

I craft a lot and sell dyes and other stuff on Star Forge, artificer name is Dulka. I have seen a lot of what you describe

What i do when that happens is just move to other item until the market gets back to normal. Basically, the Jedi way: Have patience.

I know its a pain, more so when you were investing a lot of time, credits and efforts in crafting those items. But it usually get back to normal, it just takes more time. Sometimes its only 1 day, some 2 and sometimes its a week. It happens with dyes, crystals, augments and also prefabs. What i do is keep my stock, craft other things and constantly check prices.

So yes, keep crafting.

Those who want to earn big money won't accept your lower prices, because they whine, then, that someone is minimizing their vprofits by undercutting them. I have seen now few threads here of people complaining about "someone destroys the prices by undercutting them".

So, in the end, it's more or less those with the big money who define the prices - because they usually have so much money that they'll buy ALL of your wares and then re-sell that with THEIR own price ideas.

It's "business 101", as they say ( I don't know much about economy science at all ).

So, in the end, it's only a few "big boys" dominating & defining the market.

What you describe can work for relative unique items (aka Cartel Market or rare drops). It can work there because the chance of someone else in the short term selling the same item at lower price is low. (It used to be even lower, but merges, direct sales and new packs got general prices down a lot).

With things like Dyes (that almost anyone can craft) you may buy a couple of items that are at really low price, but not several pages. It won't work cause there will always be someone in the very short term that will sell the same item before you even re sold 20% of what you bought. Yes, some people may drop the towel and stop crafting for GTN, but others will come.

I have also read some others threads like this, and also lots of people that think this posts are just whine of people that want the profits only for themselfs. Its actually the opposite. By posting on GTN only a few items at a time of the same kind and maintaining an undercut of only a few credits you let everyone have a place there and profit. If someone publish several pages at undervalue then none else can profit.

I was new to sell on GTN once and made mistakes like undercutting too much until someone send me an ingame mail explaing how to do better. Healthy competition is totally possible here.

An example:

Lets assume an item that cost arround 25k to make.

If someone sells several pages of that item at less than 40k and you consider GTN fees that leves you with a potential margin of less than 12k. That is terribly low, 10 pages of sale leaves you with less than 1M profit. Now imagine 20+ people trying to sell the same item, price goes even lower so the margin. Then, business for no single one.

Now if you start at a sale price of 90k and consider a do not bother point of 50k, that leaves 40k margin where a lot of people can "compete". When the item sales a lot sometimes you don't even need to start at the lowest price. I usually see if there is a close gap when the last ones undercut a little too much and i still sell.

So if anyone thinks that buying CRAFTED consumable items from someone at very low price is actually a White knight of the GTN, think again. Most likely is a credit seller that uses bots, a Big whale that wants all to itself (even if its for a few days) or simple a troll.

With mats sellers its a little different. There are a lot of people that are getting rid of their mats for space or overstock (a few posted here), that is totally normal. I sometimes buy from them and sometimes sell some of the overstock of the mats i don't use because Purple/Blues are not always balanced in what one needs depeding on what one crafts. There are also bot farmers selling, but i usually can spot them and buy from someone else.

Which means -3% profit from cost? The GTN listing fee is 8% (raised from 6% in 5.8). So even then that 5% would've been -1% profit after listing fees.

What people should be listing at, if you want to actually receive 5% over cost, is list at 13% over cost. That way the GTN fees are covered as well.

Exactly right.!!

Buyers never take into account the 8% tax that Bioware get from every sale.

As an example. If you sell an item for 1,000,000 you pay Bioware 80,0000. So you only get 920,000.

If you see someone selling an item for 8mil, Bioware get 800k of that. I think that’s why Bioware don’t care about hyper inflation on some items because the GTN can be a massive credit sink for those really high items.

It’s why I don’t often buy cheaper to relist because that item ends up costing you 8% more than you paid for it. As an example (I’m using 100k cause it’s a nice round number) Say I purchased an item for 100,000, I would need to relist it at 108,000 to break even. Add 5% to that 116,640. That’s actually a big risk because some fool might jump on and list 10 of those same items at 90,000.

People always say on the forums just buy the cheaper ones and resell. But for me to buy something low and relist, I want to at least have the opportunity to make 75%-100% profit on the first one or two of them to cover my costs and risk. Then if the price drops, I’m not out of pocket. But I would never buy crafted dyes (even high demand ones at 50k because the person has already devalued the dyes and I would get stuck with them.

The only time I buy high demand dyes that are listed low is if someone is selling below 20k (usually a mistake or uninitiated). Then I can list one of two 100% of the cost and cover the risk and the cost. If I’ve purchased more I will list them at normal market price. (Listing that one or two doesn’t devalue cause they disappear in a few minutes). It’s those listing 10-20 of them at the same time that devalue.

Buyers never take into account the 8% tax that Bioware get from every sale.

As an example. If you sell an item for 1,000,000 you pay Bioware 80,0000. So you only get 920,000.

If you see someone selling an item for 8mil, Bioware get 800k of that. I think that’s why Bioware don’t care about hyper inflation on some items because the GTN ican be a massive credit sink for those really high items.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Most likely is a credit seller that uses bots, a Big whale that wants all to itself (even if its for a few days) or simple a troll.

This is the same conclusion I’m coming to. And when everyone else abondons crafting the items, you can nearly guarantee they will jack up prices to unreasonable levels

Edited by TrixxieTriss

A few things to add as a long-time crafter from day one. First is that I’ve accumulated mats over years. Hundreds, thousands from days when they were just a few credits. So people like me have endless stacks of blues and greens, and ample purple mats. Not counting Jawa junk. So today’s GTN prices for mats probably aren’t a greet guide - I’ll be able to sell nearly any crafted item (pre 5.10) for cheaper than almost anyone else. And I’m not alone (I know who many of the long timers are).

Also note that people like me, who for years did nothing but craft, have figured out costs, pricing, etc. to the point where it’s intuitive now. For example, I know what 50 influence companions can do on missions, how long it takes, how often it crits, etc. and then I know how many credits I’m getting from play (for example I always kill mobs, collect junk, and sell to vendor). For the most part, gameplay covers the costs of crafting missions entirely. A 3K crafting mission can be paid for with one trash mob, for example. Also, I farm greens (never run scavenging, bio, arch) and only run the crafting supp missions (the crafting vendor stuff). After level 3, this is WAY more cost effective than buying from vendor (or insane GTN - On side note GTN prices for vendor items like gifts and crafting supplements are a joke. I’m sure newbies buy purple rank 5 gifts for 18K when they “retail” for 10K and Zoosha solution for 5K, etc. I assume this is why people keep listing these at these prices.). There are other lil tricks too (crafting missions, etc.).

So this is why some people can list items at seemingly under cost. Stay with it. Because inflation is out of control and things will get even more expensive, meaning stuff you collect today will “appreciate” later on...

A few things to add as a long-time crafter from day one. First is that I’ve accumulated mats over years. Hundreds, thousands from days when they were just a few credits. So people like me have endless stacks of blues and greens, and ample purple mats. Not counting Jawa junk. So today’s GTN prices for mats probably aren’t a greet guide - I’ll be able to sell nearly any crafted item (pre 5.10) for cheaper than almost anyone else. And I’m not alone (I know who many of the long timers are).

Also note that people like me, who for years did nothing but craft, have figured out costs, pricing, etc. to the point where it’s intuitive now. For example, I know what 50 influence companions can do on missions, how long it takes, how often it crits, etc. and then I know how many credits I’m getting from play (for example I always kill mobs, collect junk, and sell to vendor). For the most part, gameplay covers the costs of crafting missions entirely. A 3K crafting mission can be paid for with one trash mob, for example. Also, I farm greens (never run scavenging, bio, arch) and only run the crafting supp missions (the crafting vendor stuff). After level 3, this is WAY more cost effective than buying from vendor (or insane GTN - On side note GTN prices for vendor items like gifts and crafting supplements are a joke. I’m sure newbies buy purple rank 5 gifts for 18K when they “retail” for 10K and Zoosha solution for 5K, etc. I assume this is why people keep listing these at these prices.). There are other lil tricks too (crafting missions, etc.).

So this is why some people can list items at seemingly under cost. Stay with it. Because inflation is out of control and things will get even more expensive, meaning stuff you collect today will “appreciate” later on...

That’s all well and good, but if you can sell exaclty the same amount as you would normally list and get double the credits you are listing for, why would you undercut 50%?

That just seems dumb to me because you are using double the mats for half the return.

Now if those items sold slow (two days to sell), then I could see why this would be a more attractive and lucrative way of doing it. But when those same items will sell out at in 8 hours at double the price, why would you undercut by 50% unless you are trying to drive all competition from the market.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That’s all well and good, but if you can sell exaclty the same amount as you would normally list and get double the credits you are listing for, why would you undercut 50%?

That just seems dumb to me because you are using double the mats for half the return.

Now if those items sold slow (two days to sell), then I could see why this would be a more attractive and lucrative way of doing it. But when those same items will sell out at in 8 hours at double the price, why would you undercut by 50% unless you are trying to drive all competition from the market.

I can’t explain foolish practices on the GTN any better than anyone else can. Again, I can’t figure out why anyone would pay even 1 credit more than the vendor price for companion gifts and crafting materials, yet we have pages of listings just like this (and I assume they sell).

I never try to explain irriational or illogical behavior. All I can say is that many people who craft in this game do so as their primary activity. Until recently, I went a couple years doing nothing but crafting and occasional PvP — I’m good at the former and meh at the latter. I’m still not done wirh KOTFE, never seen KOTET. Etc. But I have boatloads of credits all earned entirely from crafting.

I say this to point out that the crafters who are serious know exactly what they are doing, what sells, how fast, etc. They don’t need to look at other prices. For me, I barely look at other prices for things I’m selling. And often were selling tons of things so there isn’t time to even try to “game”. I tend to list at the same price all the time until I’m given a reason to change. And my price point will always be at strong margins for me, relative to my costs...

WOW... 30-50k is way too cheap for most crafted dual colour dyes on SF. Especially when you consider you need 4 of each colour crystal, 8 blue mats, and 4 bonded mats (that require 4 green and 2 vendor mats). That alone pushes the cost price for those to close to 40k (depending on the lvl of mats needed).

I really hope you aren’t one of the guys that jumps on and drives the prices down that low.

My cut off for dyes is 60k and that is the bare minimum even only if I’ve got overstock, I won’t get into undercut Wars below that. I find the sweet spot for the higher demand dies will quickly sell between 90-120k. Honestly some of the higher demand ones will sell at 120k or higher all day and we (usual sellers) can’t keep up. This is when lots of us start buying mats straight off the GTN and you can see them disappearing fast the price going up on those.

I cost priced one of the best selling dyes (GTN mat prices) the other day when there was a run on them and it was well over 200k. We (the usual sellers) were selling the dyes between 99-120k. So if we were to purchase the mats the dyes would have been at half price. At that point the dye prices started to rise. I don’t get greedy and I cap my highest at 120k. But if demand is high and I’m struggling to keep up, I just pull out until I get more stocked up. That way those guys who list higher can also make some credits. Like I said I’m not greedy.

Then the price destroyers appear and start listing the same dyes 52k (this seems to be their price) every day without fail and we all have to stop. I can’t understand why they do it when they could be selling at the same price as we all are and supporting us keep the GTN stocked. Half the time we can’t keep up the crafting of demand as it is. So driving the price into the ground is so stupid. So for 3/5ths of the day there are two guys that destroy the dye values. Then the uninitiated get into a an undercutting war and drive it lower. (I will sometimes buy those dyes if they become stupidly low, like 10-20k.

The slightly less demand dyes sweet spot is between 65-70k. The low demand duel dyes go between 50-65k. I don’t sell those unless they are 60k plus. And I don’t bother crafting the really low demand duel dyes or the single colour dyes. Its a waste of time and resources selling dyes for 2-10k.

Grade 5-6 colour crystal mats are some of the more time consuming to farm because of the distances you need to travel the slow respawns of them. I will often buy these on the GTN if they are below certain price.

Grade 8-9 colour crystals and mats are by far the easiest in the game to farm. I can get 200 of each colour in about an hour (depending on other farmers). But mission blue mats also cost a fortune with these to farm and the vendor white mats are much higher than the lower tiered ones. Over all the teiree grade dyes nearly balance out to the same costs as the higher grade ones. Usually the GTN mats are much higher for the lower grade dyes than higher.

Bidding/undercut wars can be a bit of fun, but undercutting any less than 1-10 credits is stupid because you don’t need to and all people are doing is devaluing the market price till no one makes any credits.

The problem is buying these dyes at 52k is risky. I’ve been burnt before trying to clear out his listings so we could start selling at 90k again. But he just lists more or then the market is overstocked and he’s already devalued the price so no one who saw them earlier will now buy them. You also need to take the GTN tax into account. Buying those at 52k and relistign at 90k would return you 82k as long as people don’t start undercutting.

I don’t just sell dyes either, I sell mods, enhancments and Augments (not the gold ones, the mats are too expensive to buy and I’m not going to farm them to craft). I’m thinking of giving up dyes because of the 1-2 fools that get on everyday and devalue them.

I may sell dyes 3 or 4 times a year, when I find some in an unused toon's inventory.

Then I sell to get rid of, not to make a profit.

10 isn't going to ruin the market for anyone.

The last thing I specifically crafted to make a profit on were 236 and 240 augments.

I did ok with them too :)

This is a question with an answer that is different for most because there are 5 points to this and everyone’s idea of the cost varies.

1. The time or difficulty it takes to acquire the mats through farming

2. The cost and time it takes to get some mats that are only available by doing crew missions

3. The time it takes to make the items

4. The cost of mats on the GTN

5. Cost of white vendor mats (or mission ones if so inclined).

None of the above...

What Defines the cost of Crafted Items?

It's simple..... What ever somebody will pay, is what defines the cost of crafted items...

Edited by denavin

i'm totally with TrixxieTriss about the stupidity of undercutting and selling stuff with profit losses. but it is a fight against mills and even if you calculate it as detailed as possible, there will be ppl undercutting prices. they just don't see, that they are doing losses. so they don't care. and because this is a game, it is not a loss, just a lower profit.

so you won't loose your stronghold for selling under "worth".

some stuff to add here:

- level 50 companions are an investment. but you profit from them. so you should lower prices, by having them, not raising the costs, because you have to pay for. it doesn't need long to profit from that investment. from 1-50 it costs about 4.7mill. a bit more, if you use the item from victory.

- you are getting materials out of crates and rewards. so you should calculate that rate, too

- there are damn much players out there, selling materials for the gtn suggested price. on my server i'm buying a value of about 2mill credits each week. just that stuff. not the cheap materials included.

- many ppl are willing to sell the scrap for a real low price. and you can do a deal with them, for a longer period. so they are sending you the stuff you need. just do some networking. also there are ppl out there, willing to farm for you, for a fixed price.

so you automatically will change from a crafter, to a trader. you just don't care anymore about crafting costs, because you buy stuff and sell it with profit.

the "problem" is, that it is just a game. you won't loose your stronghold because you are a bad business man. you are just loosing profits. and the majority won't care about. the most even won't calculate the fee from the gtn.

so if it is annoying to you, stop doing it. it is a game and you should have fun. you won't change the ppl. and with trading you are way more money. with some experience of the different prices, you can make about 1 billion each month. in some events more. and this without playing swtor as a trading simulation. can't imagine how much the full time traders are earning.

i'm totally with TrixxieTriss about the stupidity of undercutting and selling stuff with profit losses. but it is a fight against mills and even if you calculate it as detailed as possible, there will be ppl undercutting prices. they just don't see, that they are doing losses. so they don't care. and because this is a game, it is not a loss, just a lower profit.

so you won't loose your stronghold for selling under "worth".

some stuff to add here:

- level 50 companions are an investment. but you profit from them. so you should lower prices, by having them, not raising the costs, because you have to pay for. it doesn't need long to profit from that investment. from 1-50 it costs about 4.7mill. a bit more, if you use the item from victory.

- you are getting materials out of crates and rewards. so you should calculate that rate, too

- there are damn much players out there, selling materials for the gtn suggested price. on my server i'm buying a value of about 2mill credits each week. just that stuff. not the cheap materials included.

- many ppl are willing to sell the scrap for a real low price. and you can do a deal with them, for a longer period. so they are sending you the stuff you need. just do some networking. also there are ppl out there, willing to farm for you, for a fixed price.

so you automatically will change from a crafter, to a trader. you just don't care anymore about crafting costs, because you buy stuff and sell it with profit.

the "problem" is, that it is just a game. you won't loose your stronghold because you are a bad business man. you are just loosing profits. and the majority won't care about. the most even won't calculate the fee from the gtn.

so if it is annoying to you, stop doing it. it is a game and you should have fun. you won't change the ppl. and with trading you are way more money. with some experience of the different prices, you can make about 1 billion each month. in some events more. and this without playing swtor as a trading simulation. can't imagine how much the full time traders are earning.

Again, I think it’s really important to understand that some serious crafters NEVER look at other prices. They will have no real idea at any time whether they are undercutting, overpricing, etc. We know what we need to price at to make the profits we need and we don’t have time to see what others are doing on the GTN. It doesn’t even matter...

Again, I think it’s really important to understand that some serious crafters NEVER look at other prices. They will have no real idea at any time whether they are undercutting, overpricing, etc. We know what we need to price at to make the profits we need and we don’t have time to see what others are doing on the GTN. It doesn’t even matter...

Joonbeams is right here. Granted I sell stuff players can't learn to make anymore so the competition is limited in the first place, that probably would allow me to raise the prices but I don't see a reason for it.

I'm crafting old synthweaving stuff for years now and sell for almost the same prices as I did three, five or seven years ago (did an adjustment with the GTN fee changes).

Initially I determined my prices out of what would I pay for an orange shell and then add 5 or ten percent.

I don't look up what others want to get for the old battle-master stuff anymore, I just post what my crew crafted since my last login for my usual price and fetch money or unsold items from the mail and what materials my crew gathered. At least two times a day, depending which character I'm playing in the meantime, first login and last login before going offline.

Well I'd look maybe, if I don't sell anything for days to see how much competition there is, for deciding if a temporarily switch to other well liked recipes is needed, but since players able to craft the old stuff get rarer and rarer, that doesn't happen often anymore

I simply don't need 5.000.000 credits for a force mystics head piece I've seen it being listed some times, even with my roundabout 200k credits I'm vastly on the plus side of potential material costs.

Cost that I indeed don't really calculate. Only did that once or twice when someone wanted half his legacy decked out from my crafting, made a deal with him, he'd pay the material cost plus a small fee of 15%. There I did look up what the different material had cost on the GTN, even if I didn't buy them, my whole legacy bank is full of what I need. It was just the easiest way to determine the price for that deal, instead of breaking down mission cost, average yield and so on.

And it was even cheaper than what I usually ask per piece, since the actual material costs of pre 4.0-crafting-overhaul recipes are almost nothing.

I might be able to ask more, but since my prices are low enough for F2P players too and I comfortably finance my whole legacy like that for years now, what for?

Just for more virtual profit? To have two more zeros to the number on my legacy bank that is already more than enough for my needs?

Edited by Khaleijo

I have a simple question, is it really that hard to find other items to craft, other ways to make money off the GTN? I never had trouble shifting craft items to sell or buying low selling high, etc. to make credits off the GTN.

You can't control what others do on the GTN, as Joon keeps saying there are so many different reasons why people sell for less than you think is sensible. If it's out of your control, do yourself a favor and stop worrying on it.

I have a simple question, is it really that hard to find other items to craft, other ways to make money off the GTN? I never had trouble shifting craft items to sell or buying low selling high, etc. to make credits off the GTN.

You can't control what others do on the GTN, as Joon keeps saying there are so many different reasons why people sell for less than you think is sensible. If it's out of your control, do yourself a favor and stop worrying on it.

Not hard at all if someone is willing to take the time to explore the markets and learn what's selling and what isn't and where there's unmet demand. If a particular segment becomes unprofitable for me I simply find something else.

Not hard at all if someone is willing to take the time to explore the markets and learn what's selling and what isn't and where there's unmet demand. If a particular segment becomes unprofitable for me I simply find something else.

This is true. I made close to 60 mil in 2 weeks just selling armormech assembly components at 250k each. I was the only one selling them. After 2 weeks, though, some others starting popping in and some listed them for around 50k each. I bought up nearly 10 mil worth and flipped them for 250k each. I made my money back in short order. After 5.10, the value dropped to around 10k each. Couldn't be bothered with selling them then, but I made a nice chunk of change before that.

I don't really bother with the GTN though. I've got close to a billion credits and not really anything to spend it on unless something really catches my eye, and then I consider myself thrifty and won't spend a small fortune on anything. I'd rather give a friend 50 mil than spend 20 mil on the GTN.

Depends on what crafters and farmers you have set up.

A prime example of the undercutting is by one person that every day lists 10-20 dyes of nearly every colour at 52250.

It’s obvious when he starts listing because all of a sudden your sales stop.

Now I don’t mind people undercutting me. But when I’m selling “x” dye for 119000 credits and I’m having trouble making enough of them to keep up and then I have this guy appear and list 10 for 52250, that’s over 50% undercut (which isn’t needed and is stupid). It kills the market for everyone.

It kills the market because most of us only come back and check or relist dyes every now and then (Which often lets other players slightly undercut each other and sell dyes as well at a reasonable price). But when this guy appears and lists at 52250, you get a whole bunch of people who don’t understand and start under cutting him too and there goes the value.

I’ve tried buying his stuff before anyone else lists at those dumb prices, but he just relists and I’m stuck with them as the price continue to plummet.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just don't use the GTN anymore, I only craft items for my self these days, due to the never-moving proces at the GTN. I just don't want to spend my Credits on inflated prices, be cause they never move.

And because the number of sellers is fixed now - only a certai, very small number of sellers selling a few items in masses at a fixed price - there is an oligopoly within the GTN now. all prices are fixed now. There just is no more any "free market". No diversity. It just looks like RL economy now, with a few corporations dominating a single market (like Microsoft for the PC market. There just aren't enough real competors left out there anymore. Anyone remember OS/2 ?)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer