Bolster PVP gear in ops

I would like Bioware to level the playing field as it seems fair to them that people can enter a wz without gearing up and then do more dps then a partly geared PVP-er. I would like to experience some ops without the grind to get PVE gear as i only casually PVE.

It seems logical that if it works one way it should work the other way too, right? So lets say full partisan gets buffed to just under level 72 items with a 5-10% stat difference.

I mean why do we need gear progression anyway? isnt it about teamwork and solving the boss puzzles?

If you have bad gear in pve, you can do story mode

If you have bad gear in pvp and no bolster, you would get farmed repeatedly.

Bolster is used to even the playing field because is no way to set difficulty in pvp

The playing field does not need to be evened in pve because you can set the difficulty level.

But who am i kidding, you're probably just whining because you can't even kill someone with 1300 expertise.

sure insult me to hide your own ignorance, what i mean is that there is no gear progression in pvp. Yet when someone advocates the same in your precious PVE see what reactions i get :)

You can gear while leveling its quite ez to max up your coms and you even got starter PVP gear pre bolster,.. where is my starter ops gear then. So saying i should do fp's to join OPS but you yourself being either to freaking lazy to do some bolstered pre 55 PVP or to stupid pre 2.0 too keep your free PVP gear is quite ignorant to say the least.

I do want a maxed out hardcore PVP-er to do more dmg then a PVE geared new recruit, probably the same way you would like a 72 level geared DPS to do more dmg then someone covered in greens.

But judging by your first response i am wasting words on a shortsighted infant

sure insult me to hide your own ignorance, what i mean is that there is no gear progression in pvp. Yet when someone advocates the same in your precious PVE see what reactions i get :)

You can gear while leveling its quite ez to max up your coms and you even got starter PVP gear pre bolster,.. where is my starter ops gear then. So saying i should do fp's to join OPS but you yourself being either to freaking lazy to do some bolstered pre 55 PVP or to stupid pre 2.0 too keep your free PVP gear is quite ignorant to say the least.

I do want a maxed out hardcore PVP-er to do more dmg then a PVE geared new recruit, probably the same way you would like a 72 level geared DPS to do more dmg then someone covered in greens.

so you actually think pve is near as good as pvp gear in pvp? I do about 10% less dmg and take around 15% more dmg if i use pve gear rather than pvp. But like I said, just because you cannot kill someone does not make their gear better or even the same as yours.

Since there is no gear progression, go buy some cheap greens off the gtn and use them, according to you they are the same as partisan/conqueror. Post your results

Look who is being insulting now. And he is absolutely right. There is no diffculty in PVP and this bolster makes everyone's stats equal. However, in PvE stats are so important that a bolster would simply make everyone equal and that effects things like damage mitigation stats on tanks.

Also believe it or not the harder content requires a certain level of gear otherwise you are just too squishy to absorb the damage, dish out the damage, heal or tank. So before you go on about how it is about teamwork only know that the environment is totally different and a bolster would not work.

By the don't call it precious PvE as the same could be said for your PvP.

Someone plays a minigame worth about 0.5% of the content and thinks he ought to be spoonfed the remaining 99.5%. Funny.

I give it 1/5, try to find something original by yourself next time.

Edited by Anthraxal

Ok, ok, we got it. You think PvP is broken due to bolster. Then why u want to break PvE aswell? If you don't have gear progression, then noone should have it. That's the point? Edited by LordCJK

I actually posted this to see how the response would be if the character progression through gear would be eliminated from your favorite part of the game. As you can see the mere thoght of it starts a flame war. Thank you for your responses i will use this to illustrate the problem in the PVP forum.

Why should it not be a two way street? I mean if I only did pve and wanted to do warzones its not that bad and can easily be done now with how bolster works. If I only pvp and wanted to do operations I would be ridiculed for having no pve gear.

Why should it not be a two way street? I mean if I only did pve and wanted to do warzones its not that bad and can easily be done now with how bolster works. If I only pvp and wanted to do operations I would be ridiculed for having no pve gear.

QFT.

Especially since you only need to have classic comms to buy 61 PVE gear to be on par with full PVP geared folks in WZs and in Ops

As someone who does equal amounts of PVP and PVE (Full 72 Scoundrel Healer and Commando DPS progressing through NiM TFB atm) I can say with objectivity that the PVPers in this game are getting screwed. Whether it's inequalities via bolster, credit rewards, content, gear, balance, etc. the PvPers always get the short end.

I suppose that righteous PVE'er had it right when he said that PVP is a minigame and 0.5% of the content, because that is certainly what it feels like.

No. Just....no.

PvP and PvE are MEANT to be seperate. Why should a PvP'er be able to out-gear a PvE'er, just because they PvP more? It's not fair to said PvE'er, as PvE now gives PvP players an advantage that PvE players DON'T have. I'm absolutely fine having PvE and PvP split.

If PVP is a .5% minigame why are there PVP servers and what are those people supposed to do?

This is blatant bias. I hate boring PVE content. Its AI it does the same thing over and over it cannot ever be a challenge cuz there is no human behind it. If there was no PVP I would not play at all. PVE exsists to lvl only.

I don't care what mechanics there are in OPS of FPs cuz I wont ever be in one. But bolster needs to go. Immediately. I'm SHOCKED that a game maker can treat an entire section of its population so badly and still have a game. I guess lots of people just wanna kill the same monster the same way over and over to get gear to kill that same monster again when it does more damage faster, big challenge.

REMOVE BOLSTER yesterday!

Gear is what makes pve last. You take that away, you take away the reason to run ops over and over. Im not gonna waste my time typing a long response when its obvious you have tunnel vision but bolster is there for a reason, it is because as previously stated by the 2nd post you choose how hard it is going to be, you dont select gear levels when going into a warzone.

Gear is what makes pve last. You take that away, you take away the reason to run ops over and over. Im not gonna waste my time typing a long response when its obvious you have tunnel vision but bolster is there for a reason, it is because as previously stated by the 2nd post you choose how hard it is going to be, you dont select gear levels when going into a warzone.

You heard of ranked warzones? You will use your brain more in one ranked match than a weeks worth of fps and ops.

Gear should always matter no matter what you do.

Edited by Kovaos

Um, you can do all story mode raids in partisan gear.. Maybe you would want to be augged to properly pull your weight but its quite do-able. I healed sm sv and tfb with that gear and my partner wasn't stressed at all. if you know how to play youll make it through without worry

I actually posted this to see how the response would be if the character progression through gear would be eliminated from your favorite part of the game. As you can see the mere thoght of it starts a flame war. Thank you for your responses i will use this to illustrate the problem in the PVP forum.

Good cover.

pvpers are not getting screwed at all. Pvpers always claim skill > gear yet the second bolster appeared the whining and crying began. If they truly are as good as they claim and more skilled than pvers like they claim then they should have zero trouble killing a pver using bolster to pvp.

As for pvp gear being bolstered in ops it is not necessary as partisan pvp gear is easy obtained for a low amount of warzone comms and has better stats than what pvers had to enter the original operations. Partisan is better than DG/hazmat gear therefore a pvper should easily be able to do SM tfb and SV for arkanian rank 69 gear upgrades. There is simply no need for bolster in a pve setting.

You heard of ranked warzones? You will use your brain more in one ranked match than a weeks worth of fps and ops.

Gear should always matter no matter what you do.

What does how much you use your brain have to do with bolster and gear? This goes back to you wouldn't want a person in full pve gear on your team in ranked against a team in full conq would you? But in a normal warzone itdoesn't matter. Same goes for story mode ops and hm fp

The post above me says the same thing.

Edited by TrillOG-

I'm sure it will have way more impact than the other 36 threads on the same topic *rolleyes*

I suppose that righteous PVE'er had it right when he said that PVP is a minigame and 0.5% of the content, because that is certainly what it feels like.

Defining oneself as PvPer or PvEr is being hemiplegic. I would rather stay whole, thank you very much. As it stands, I'm sorry for the state of PvP in this game, so far from what it could have been. Til huge changes are brought (erasing Expertise, implementing side vs side openworld pvp, consequences for loss and wins at a faction level...), PvP is a mere minigame.

@Smuglebunny : there are PvP servers to milk the pvp-interested population and you said it yourself : you wouldn't pay if there wasn't some pvp...

Edited by Anthraxal