New Stronghold this year?

Anghkor

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for all those who have played longer than I have (which is probably all of you) --

How often do they tend to give us stronghold news?

For example, we've been asking for the Felucia limit to be raised. Is this the kind of change they tend to make or ignore, and are we likely to hear anything about it before it happens?

A question for all those who have played longer than I have (which is probably all of you) --

How often do they tend to give us stronghold news?

We knew about Yavin 3/4 months before it was released. As months go by in 2016, it's becoming less and less likely there will be another stronghold this year

We knew about Yavin 3/4 months before it was released. As months go by in 2016, it's becoming less and less likely there will be another stronghold this year

That's a shame. Maybe Yavin didn't sell very well, so they don't think it's worthwhile?

That's a shame. Maybe Yavin didn't sell very well, so they don't think it's worthwhile?

That is possible. I did not like Tatooine either and even though I have over 10k in CC and wealthy in game, I am still in DK and Coruscant.

The only other large SH is NS and to me, it is too ugly to even get into setting it up.

If they gave us a SH that we actually want, I know I will buy it. I would like a large structure, not so much land and my top choice would still be Manaan.

As veterans, my wife and I have done just about everything in the game (except pvp), a nice SH would keep me busy in-between chapters and keep us subbed. Instead, we are breaking again and will be back after the chapters are all out.

At the very least, they should say something either way...

Most people just bought Yavin expansions with credits rather than CC, and there isn't THAT many Yavins on the listing on fleet, so I don't think we'll ever get a new Stronghold.

I mean even look at this sub forum, it's possibly the least visited too - sadly we are done for, at least we'll continue to get decorations in the forms of drops.

I would love a stronghold that didn't have round rooms, didn't have slanted walls or giant baseboards that make placing furniture difficult. Especially if it had stairs instead of an elevator. Add in a good mix of hooks and I won't care what planet it's on.

I would love a stronghold that didn't have round rooms, didn't have slanted walls or giant baseboards that make placing furniture difficult. Especially if it had stairs instead of an elevator. Add in a good mix of hooks and I won't care what planet it's on.

Most of the strongholds we have do not have elevators. They all (minus yavin and tattoine) have stairs, usually two sets of stairs. Yavin doesn't not have a elevator.

Tattoine may be the only one that has an elevator to get down to the ground, can't recall offhand as I don't have tattoine.

I'm with you on the Alderaan Stronghold. I like to get Strongholds on a planet where events occur, it is why I have Tatooine which is beautiful in its own right and it is one of the planets that host Rakghoul Event.. so I'm hoping for a Alderaan because it too Host's Rakghoul Event and an Ilum - which hosts Gree Event and has that best premium night sky and stars in the games galactic expanse.

This is a great point. The roundness of walls in Tatooine and parts of Coruscant do make decorating difficult. It should also have more centerpiece and starship sized hooks than DK/Coruscant's single.

I hope they make an alderran outpost type stronghold, a big plantation or something with 4 corners with watch towers and such

This is the one I'm holding out for. I really loved visiting House Cortess in the IA storyline and I'd like something like that...a big courtyard area where you spawn (perfect for fountains or gardens), then a large building in the back with two levels. You could have a ballroom, a trophy room, a library, study, on the first floor, and then a private study and bedrooms on the top floor. There should be a balcony on the second floor that you can look over the courtyard.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a great point. The roundness of walls in Tatooine and parts of Coruscant do make decorating difficult. It should also have more centerpiece and starship sized hooks than DK/Coruscant's single.

This is the one I'm holding out for. I really loved visiting House Cortess in the IA storyline and I'd like something like that...a big courtyard area where you spawn (perfect for fountains or gardens), then a large building in the back with two levels. You could have a ballroom, a trophy room, a library, study, on the first floor, and then a private study and bedrooms on the top floor. There should be a balcony on the second floor that you can look over the courtyard.

I feel like while that would be cool, it might be a little underwhelming. Surely an Alderaan Stronghold could have more to it than that? If we get an Alderaan Stronghold I'd want it to have a more interesting layout. I'd still like to see a courtyard and the building you described, but I'd want to have some stuff like maybe a forest area and some other buildings too. Although I personally have grown less fond of Alderaan recently, maybe it's all the war but it feels all muddy and miserable sometimes. It has kind of reminded me of that time at the end of the winter when the snow begins to melt and turn to a marshy slush, etc etc. It must be all the war making me feel this way about it.

I too like Alderaan but also would like Maanan (half above the water and half under water). We should have heard by now about a new one so I am beginning to think we will not be getting one this year. I am still holing off on Tattoine, not my favorite, and would prefer to buy something I would like.

I too like Alderaan but also would like Maanan (half above the water and half under water). We should have heard by now about a new one so I am beginning to think we will not be getting one this year. I am still holing off on Tattoine, not my favorite, and would prefer to buy something I would like.

I agree. Manaan is what I most wish to see.

Myself, I'd love a Rishi stronghold set on an island in the middle of the sea. Could be set up at a pirate/smuggler's SH, a secret operations base, or just a beach house. Of course, knowing the devs, we'll likely get a Zakuul SH, as everyone really wants more endless cityscape, right?

Myself, I'd love a Rishi stronghold set on an island in the middle of the sea. Could be set up at a pirate/smuggler's SH, a secret operations base, or just a beach house.

Has potential, I like it! Would have made more sense than Yavin, honestly.

Edited by Capella

whatever stronghold we get we need some more choices, take a page from dc universe, let us change the walls and floors, i never even bothered with nar shada because its so ugly, yavin and tatooine i didnt do because the whole outside broken apart spaced areas dont appeal, we need a palace like area we can rule over, right now couracant is my main stronghold and i pay for my imps to go to it because its the only place that has the luxury walls and floors look besides dk and dont feel like paying to decorate two identical places, a isolated space station, luxory island, undewater retreat or even a zakuul penthouse would be neat

Plz no another City Stronghold.

All the stuff from the latest Cartel Packs you could make a great Military Base. Now you can place more guards and not just 50. I eealy wish they make a big stronghold in Manaan or Alderaan Setting. Or Korriban/Tython would be nice too.

I'm suspecting we won't get anything before chapter 16 in July. I'm still holding out hope we'll get one in 2016. Announcing a new stronghold to be released between the end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2 might be a great way to get people to log in and spend credits / CCs.

I'm suspecting we won't get anything before chapter 16 in July. I'm still holding out hope we'll get one in 2016. Announcing a new stronghold to be released between the end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2 might be a great way to get people to log in and spend credits / CCs.

Yes i think so too. Maybe we get the Gravestone as stronghold or a Odessen base. As i said in the last Cartell packs were many military stuff.