Questions about your class? Post here for help.

headshot_hendo

I have mained just about every class and run every spec on this game. If you have any questions I would be glad to offer some advice. Other players may also offer insight to help you as well.

General Question Topics:

PVP- If you are having issues with survivability, tactics, developing an effective rotation, or finding it difficult to kite* or LOS* I have extensive experience in these matters and can offer suggestions to benefit your gameplay.

PVE- If you are struggling with mobs, energy management, leveling gear, or are curious about the best/ fastest ways to level I would love to provide you with information to help you.

Gameplay- If you a struggling with managing credits or never seem to have enough I also know many methods in which to help you work towards your goals.

*Kiting- Kiting is a term used to describe a player moving in a manner that creates distance and mitigates the effectiveness of casted abilities.(Typically melee classes are kited)

*LOS- Line Of Sight is a term used to describe using obstacles such as pillars or boxes to disable your opponents ability to attack you.

Every player has specific needs that guides may not address. This thread is designed to help players on a more personal level regardless of server or level.

My biggest problems at the moment are rotations on my level 55 Marauder.

Generally I go: Force Charge/Leap, Scream, Smash then Gore + Ravage, rotating in a Force Choke (and using Cloak of Pain and using CLoak of Pain and Saber Ward before every fight as I can. The issue is that Ravage is slow and I get a little frazzled between using the interrupt. the aoe Stun and so on. I do fine most fights though (but Oricon has been kinda messy, as well as the giant bird thing in the Section X Heroic Zone).

Second would be my Bounty Hunter. Problem here is I go Sweeping Blaters, Death from Above, Heatseeker/Tracer Missile, Power Shot etc. My abilities take a fair bit of channeling though so mobs that might be Strong or above can close; I do have Electro Dark and Jet Boost for some stun/knockback though.

Thanks!

My biggest problems at the moment are rotations on my level 55 Marauder.

Generally I go: Force Charge/Leap, Scream, Smash then Gore + Ravage, rotating in a Force Choke (and using Cloak of Pain and using CLoak of Pain and Saber Ward before every fight as I can. The issue is that Ravage is slow and I get a little frazzled between using the interrupt. the aoe Stun and so on. I do fine most fights though (but Oricon has been kinda messy, as well as the giant bird thing in the Section X Heroic Zone).

Second would be my Bounty Hunter. Problem here is I go Sweeping Blaters, Death from Above, Heatseeker/Tracer Missile, Power Shot etc. My abilities take a fair bit of channeling though so mobs that might be Strong or above can close; I do have Electro Dark and Jet Boost for some stun/knockback though.

Thanks!

With the marauder don't prioritize AOE's first. Since im assuming you are carnage on your mara my rotation has always been leap battering assault gore ravage scream and and NPC should be dead before ravage finishes. Prioritize strong/elite enemies first. Also use your cloak of pain once you start taking damage save your Saber ward for when you really need it usually around 50% health. Use your AOE stun defensively so if you use a healing companion it gives your comp time to heal you up. You can also use force camo to drop threat and transfer focus from yourself to your companion(works really well with a tank companion).

As far as bounty hunter goes it depends on which advanced class you want to play. Merc I like arsenal the most which helped me level fairly quick since the burst usually eliminates any NPC and brings the fights to more even terms quickly. Jet boost should only be used to knock melee enemies away from you to reduce the damage you take. Death from above is great for mobs that are grouped up. I don't use sweeping blasters or powershot. Powershot is meh if you get interrupted. Priority for the spec you are playing is tracer missle heatseakers and unload/blazing bolts(cant think of the exact name ATM) explo dart helps when mobs are grouped up and knocks weak enemies down which can be useful for attacking NPCs. You should have tech override(again not sure read the tool tip) which gives you 1 instant activated ability which can be used for either tracer missles, an instant heal, or fusion missle for grouped enemies. If you are high enough it can give you 2 instant abilities which will help as well. Eventually you will start gearing with endgame gear and alacrity will make a difference as well but leveling I don't use alacrity because it is to much of a hassle to min/max every 4-6 levels.

Hope this helps you if you have any more questions or I didn't cover something feel free to post again.

What Blasters should I use on my gunslinger? (Looks wise)

I use 2 black nebula blasters for mine. There is a more meat and potatoes version of it with no digital scopes on the blaster. But it comes down to preference and the theme of your outfit. For me if I choose a darker outfit with more busy attachments on the gear(Spikes skeletal patterns, rugged looks with dark colors) I choose a weapon that doesn't have as many bells and whistles just meat and potatoes and is aesthetically pleasing. Star forged are nice as well and you get a good one from class quests on the gunslinger.

Force management with Focus Guardian

Rotation for Watchman Sentinel preferably opening AoE then moving to single target.

I don't open with an AOE but it depends on your playstyle and the situation. One thing that can help a ton is save your smash. I leap to the strongest target and apply rupture and force rend and then use smash. Smash applies force rend and rupture to the targets it hits(smash hits, read weird and wanted to specify plus stoned:p) which will make groups go down faster. A full rotation is Force Leap to the strongest target Cauterize(now Deadly Saber) Battering Assault, Rupture, Force Rend, Smash, Annihilate, Ravage or Vicious Slash(depending on the situation). It should be cyclic and self sufficient with some substitutions such as Force Scream and should a situation arise where BA is on cooldown assault will be required to build rage back up. When you have the Fury you should use Berserk only when Deadly Saber is off cooldown. Essentially if you have Berserk activate it directly before you hit Deadly saber and Apply your dots.

If you are dealing with PVE mobs the dot spread should be enough to kill grouped enemies. Also if you have berserk popped with full dots on a strong/elite+ target the heals will offer you some solace in defense and mitigate some of the pressure you feel as a mara. PVP is kind of DOT die run back DOT die atm until they make the defensives for mara better. Target a player that is in the middle of at the least 2 players and spread your Dots through your rotation. If it is you vs 1 person don't use smash it is a waste of rage and doesn't spread dots.

As you get used to your rotation you may find some little things that will benefit your specific play style more but most of the things I have elaborated on are the Foundation for success.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask if I don't know I know people who do.

Force management with focus shouldn't be a huge issue. I use leap Combat Focus, Force Sweep/ Focused Burst, Sundering Strike, Concentrated Slice, Force Suppression, Slash, Force Sweep/ Focused Burst, Master Strike if you are low on focus and if Combat Focus/ Sundering Strike are on cooldown. If you have Sundering up use it. Sundering should only be off cooldown if you used Combat Focus and have full Focus. Of course use Slash if you have Focus to burn, It reduces the cooldown on Force Sweep Force Suppression . Use Zealous leap if you have to close the gap. Blade Storm also has it damage raised by 5% so use that as well. Virtually everything lowers the CD on Force Sweep/ Focused Burst. Im a little unfamiliar with Concentrated Slice since rage took a backseat for me with the previous nerf. Reading through the tree this is the rough rotation I came up with. You can substitute Blade Storm, Slash, and Concentrated Strike when you are high on Focus and all these attacks will lower the cooldowns of Force Sweep/ Focused Burst. Strike also lowers the cooldown and generates Focus and can be used if you feel low on force as well but I never had to use it all that much while leveling but I may have been doing something wrong as well.

Check back with me in a couple days and I will have a more substantial and concrete answer for you.

I use abilities similar to what you just called out for my Jedi Knight (level 27). On Tatooine, where the missions are green for me, it seems like my health goes down to 50% the second that I leap onto a silver mob. My armor is the highest that I could find with a heavy focus on Endurance. Why is this happening?

I have Kira as my companion for storyline purposes. She's on the verge of having my babies and has always outlived me in combat. Should I just go with Treek?

If you have treek yes if not you get doc at level 37 I believe on balmorra. A healing companion will always be great because you will do more damage than your companion and generate more threat. If you are a guardian you can use your taunts to keep your healing companion safe.

Another thing I would suggest is going with mainstat heavy modabale gear. Use Basic comms to buy modifications from planetary vendors on fleet and modify your gear with Might armorings. I only stack power when leveling because its easiest, plus I don't have to worry about min maxing. If you can generate enough comms to modify your companions gear as well do that but only if you can spare the comms without hindering your own characters gearing ability. The faster you kill enemies the less damage you take.

You can also use your AOE stun if you have it at 27 freezing force or something like that. That will reduce damage you take as well. If you don't have it yet you can use your crew skills and get cyber tech to make yourself seismic grenades which are a cc as well. The stun applies regardless of level grenade so I suggest making level 1s because you get the most metals from missions and use the least costly of resources.

If you need more planetary comms I suggest doing flashpoint dailies and weeklies like kuat drive yards as well as the others within your level range.

I hope this helps.

Hi, I am lv 28 Immortal Jugg.

1. I want to know if immortal spec is viable in PVP?

2. What is the best PVP spec for Jugg warrior?

3. If I stay immortal, how should I gear for PVP at lv 60? Should I take DPS gear or Defence stats?

4. I am almost at cap with warzone comms and valor rank 17 so I cant change them to Ranked comms yet. Browsing internet I found lightsaber trick with buyout timer to save comms. Does this still work? Is it allowed?

Ty for your time.

Edited by fenixri