Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Lightsaber Duelists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling
08.03.2013 , 08:42 AM | #1
For all of those not familiar with this set up, I'm have been compiling a series of lists cataloging the most powerful Force users, Jedi and Sith created through discussion and debate, as opposed to simply giving our own personal opinions. These lists are now complete - though likely subject to change in the near future - and can be checked out in the index. In this case however I am moving a way from Force abilities, and looking to another integral skill of Force using individuals - lightsaber skill. Note that I'm not asking for a list of who you think the most powerful lightsaber duelists are - and by power I do indeed mean skill. As before we'll do this one position at a time.

So without further ado, lets move on to the next list in the series. Lightsaber duelists. As there are no canon statements regarding the most skilled duelists, none of the positions will be pre-determined. Also note that this list will be taking into account anyone who has ever wielded a lightsaber, but for obvious reasons it will likely consist solely of Force users.

Anyway, the template!

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu
4. Darth Caedus
5. Darth Sidious
6. Jaina Solo
7. Exar Kun
8. Darth Vader
9. Count Dooku
10. Obi-Wan Kenobi

NOTE: Before some wise guys draws our attention to this quote: "If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old Masters." you should take note that ancient Sith are not been considered for this list due to lack of information. Not that this quote is entirely irrelevant to the still of lightsaber duelists in the Old Republic era.

Like before I'll be updating this list as we go along.

LadyKulvax
08.03.2013 , 08:51 AM | #2
1.Luke Skywalker.
2.Mace Windu.
3.Darth Sidious.
4.Master Yoda.

We should debate these four first.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

AlexDougherty
08.03.2013 , 08:55 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
1.Luke Skywalker.
2.Mace Windu.
3.Darth Sidious.
4.Master Yoda.

Yoda was more skilled than Mace Windu, despite what the film shows. In the book Sidious aka Palpatine was letting Windu get the edge, so as to push Anakin over the edge. so for me it's:-
  1. Jedi Grandmaster Luke Skywalker
  2. Darth Sidious aka Emperor Palatine
  3. Master Yoda
  4. Master Mace Windu
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Aurbere
08.03.2013 , 09:04 AM | #4
Is #1 not obvious?

Also, Dooku should be guaranteed a spot in this thread.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
08.03.2013 , 09:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
1.Luke Skywalker.
2.Mace Windu.
3.Darth Sidious.
4.Master Yoda.

Well lets go one at at time first. We know for one that Luke Skywalker defeated Darth Sidious in a lightsaber duel before reaching his prime. But was he aided by Leia in that duel? Considering the fact that Sidious defeated him before hand.

LadyKulvax
08.03.2013 , 09:05 AM | #6
The book states clearly that they were equal but Windu being a better tactician forced him onto the ledge, Sidious' only advantage in this battle was a ludicrous amount of Force Speed to keep up, once he was forced into concentrating on not flying out the window, by redirecting his force energy, he slowed down and then got a boot-print in his face.

Windu won the duel fair and square, it was quite obviously afterwards, when Anakin was actually there that Sidious put on the charade, Sidious could have killed him any time with Force Lightning as Windu's blade bent back towards his face so much that he was barely holding on and was choking on ozone fumes.

It is clear to me that Windu beat Sidious in that duel, the feigning part didn't come till afterwards.

Also, whilst sparring engagements are good tests of skill, I think against a Sith Windu will always be superior to Yoda during a duel, Vaapad clearly made the difference for Windu in that duel, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar dropped like flies, Fisto performed slightly better but that's likely due to his balanced fighting style. Whereas Vaapad clearly kept Windu alive.

Against each other? perhaps Yoda is superior in a way, but in actual lightsaber duels, Windu would perform better against the Sith, which frankly is all that matters.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Beniboybling
08.03.2013 , 09:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Is #1 not obvious?
No Aurbere, its not Plo Koon.

LadyKulvax
08.03.2013 , 09:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Nah, it's obviously Cin Drallig, right Wolf?
Jedi Order

QwibQwib
08.03.2013 , 09:14 AM | #9
From what I recall, Dooku was considered a very skilled duelist, rivaling Yoda and Windu.

To throw a non-Force-user out there, Grievous was definitely a skilled lightsaber duelist, seeing how many Jedi he could kill, and how many he could take on at once.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

Aurbere
08.03.2013 , 09:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus