Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Sith

Trooperclay
02.08.2014 , 08:37 PM | #721
I don't know much about Jacen/Caedus, but HOW could he be more powerful than Vitiate? This guy practically swallowed up an entire planet!
Captain Tavv March- Republic Special Forces: Atlas Squad
Baclar March, Founder- Imperial Intelligence
Master Jax-Clay March- Jedi Order

Aurbere
02.08.2014 , 08:42 PM | #722
Quote: Originally Posted by Trooperclay View Post
I don't know much about Jacen/Caedus, but HOW could he be more powerful than Vitiate? This guy practically swallowed up an entire planet!
I assure you that this was thoroughly debated.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
02.09.2014 , 08:13 AM | #723
Quote: Originally Posted by Trooperclay View Post
With the assistance of 8,000 Sith Lords no less. Here is my theory on the matter:

The Ritual of Nathema: many incorrectly assume that this particular ritual gave the Sith Emperor the combined strength of 8,000 Sith Lords that he could dispense at will. This is not the case. Given that if that was the case the Sith Emperor would have been able to utterly obliterate Revan with his sight alone. In actual fact the majority of these energies were most likely expended in the performance of the ritual itself. Clearly the Sith Emperor did not have the power to perform it alone, and Force drain was noted in Darth Bane to demand copious amounts of Force energy. And while the act replenished and added to the Force reserves of the wielder, it failed to make up for the power expended.

Given that the ritual performed by the Emperor was effectively Force drain on a planetary scale the same mechanics apply. However in this case the Sith Emperor was capable of increasing his power by covering the ‘costs’ if you will by expending the power of the enslaved Sith Lords rather than his own, and as such his powers increased, however the strength of those Sith Lords was expended nonetheless. This likelihood is further reinforced by the fact that in order to perform the ritual again the Emperor required mass genocide. Effectively he needed another ‘sacrifice’ to produce the same if not more Force energy than before that he could use to enact the ritual.

--Taken from The REAL Most Powerful Sith Lord.

Anyway, Aurbere's correct. I originally though the Sith Emperor was superior but we had a lengthy discussion about it and eventually I did a formal comparison, reaching the conclusion that Caedus is superior. You can read it here. Also if you have an reservations, S_W_Legend had a good go at it, and I feel it stood up to scrutiny.

Feel free to wade through that discussion starting on here. Scroll down the reply to get to the relevant part.