New class ideas

The_True_Izanagi

So I have been thinking about what classes could be added. "But Izanagi, the voice acting will make that impossible" Ah my dear Padawan glad you mentioned that. Make the new classes sub classes under the umbrella of the main classes. Example, Jedi knight (Guardian, Sentinel, 3rd class) that will make it so they don't have to go back and do voice work.

Speaking of! Let's get to the class Ideas.

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior- Temple Guard/Royal Guard. Tank heal and dps spec that gives them access to the double bladed lightsaber

Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor- Preserver/ Hunter. Pure dps spec. I drew inspiration from Red Mage in Final Fantasy. They use a singular lightsaber but use force powers then charge in for the kill.

Trooper/Bounty Hunter- Scout/Crusader. Scout gets a healing spec and Crusader gets a Tank spec as well as 2 dps specs. Scout uses a sniper and Crusader uses a blaster canon

Agent/Smuggler- Fixer/Outlaw. Fixer gets a shotgun and Outlaw gets a more melee based rotation with vicro knives maybe?

ANyways lemme know what ya'll think. I hope I did okay and put forward a few decent ideas.

Those ideas aren't bad, but they don't offert really anything new..

Even if they bothered and made new powers, a DPS is still a DPS .

I do like the part about not having to hire new voices actors .

My personal idea would have worked when they made Kotfe and Kotet . And it would've needed (alas) new voices actors for it .

Instead of shoving 8 stories in 1 mold and piss off your players base, I would've done it differently .

1- Create 2 new class : The Knight of Zaakul, or the Shadow of Zildrog .

The Knight would look like most knight and BW would give us the powers we saw them use and the weapons (Pike ?) they use as well .

https://torcommunity.com/images/kofe/swtor_kotfe_screenshot_13.jpg

The Shadow of Zildrog would look like one of those guy from the underbelly....

https://swtorista.com/armor/star-wars-the-old-republic/herald-of-zildrog-outfit.jpg

So what will this do ?

Instead of destroying and shoving 8 Stories in one mold, and have glaring plot hole everywhere . we get to play as 2 new class, and see the story from a different perspective .

I remember seeing the Knight using the force ''the wall of Zildrog'' , so they already have powers that we can use .

And they already had animations for combats with the pike .

what will happen to our characters ? We can jump on those, when the camera zoom back on the repb and Emp .

The Knight and shadow would be played differently then say the 'Outlander' . Instead of being chased by the Springer family cose you host their daddy . You work from within zaakul either for Zaakul or as a Loyal Knight serving Zaakul, or as a Scion follower like who is trying to destroy the emprore .

That also mean that , the 'Outlander' doesn't exist . Our characters are and would remain with their earned titles of : Wrath, Nox , Jedi master, Bensethor..etc .

We still get odessen, and if some peoples choose to form that faction, then fine . They get the 'Commander'' Title, and others would keep their original .

I would also move the companions like Koth and Senya, and give them to the Knight and the shadow . I would see them fitting in the role on that perspective then them tagging along and spouting nonsense .

and they can switch back and forth, and we can keep said new characters and play them when the story get back to them .

Granted it be alot of work, money and ressources...

But they were gonna waste money anyway to make Kotfe and Kotet .

Anyway, just my 2$ .

Edited by SerraShar

Light and Dark Teräs Kasi Master

(Melee with self-heals)

Subclasses:

Roshi - Heal focus (Can heal and improve others)

Got one Heal and one DPS variant

---

Grandmaster - Dps (more damage)

Got one Tank and one DPS variant

latest?cb=20190410231313

I've always been partial to a class that could be added either pre KotFE / ET or post … even with the new addition to the game. In fact if done correctly it would be a perfect fit. I still believe that a special division of the SIS ( Republic) and the Empire's version … Is the one are that is often mentioned and frequently used … ( but never developed ) part of SWTOR lore that has soooo many possibilities .

Here is a link to the last page of the details for the idea (which is a synopsis of the suggestion) :

http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964179&highlight=force+sensitive+black+ops&page=5

It should also be noted that the new class could be used in the following support or advanced class:

1. Search and rescue ( AKA healer )

2. Tactical support (AKA tank )

3. Subversive Counter Intelligence Spy ( AKA dps )

At any rate... I do hope we see a new class soon. ( Even if it seems like a long shot)

Honestly, I don't see anything new that would offer. It is basically taking one spec off one class and putting it on a different class and playing the same story. That is not very exciting to me to be honest. I mean I have already played all the classes and all the class storys, and all those specs. So what is new?

If you want to play the same class with a different spec, 90% of the community can just level a new toon and choose a different specialty for that class to play the same story with. 90% of the players haven't played all the class stories with all three specs they offer now. I am not sure just changing the specs around a little bit and instead of playing this spec on this class, you play it on that class offers much.

I think most players want a new class, and class story to play. But I don't see that happening as it would be very expensive and time consuming (all the voice acting, and creating everything from 1.0 to present....twice! one for new imp-side, one for new pub-side characters). So, I think we are stuck with the classes and specs we have now. And if we are lucky, they will create new stories for each side (imp characters and pub characters). But I don't think they will even be able to create new stories for each class, let alone new class stories from scratch.

Adding a new spec for classes? Maybe possible, but it wouldn't add as much as adding new stories to play.