International Healer Appreciation Day

dibeve

Have you noticed that healers are almost always taken for granted and/or forgotten about until someone dies and the yelling and insults start flying? Well I have and I for one am tired of it. We work our butts off to keep you people alive and kicking but more often then not we are just insulted because we cant keep you alive when you walk through a fire trap or pit of acid.

So how about we make March 15 Healer Appreciation Day? Give your healers that MVP vote or tell us we are doing a good job, I for one would be happy just being told that I am doing well.

Stop insulting us just because we cant keep you alive when every single enemy decides to focus on you. Stop blaming us for YOUR death when we died trying to keep you alive and get sent back to the spawn point. Eventually people are going to get fed up and stop healing all together, then where will you be huh?

I came out of a WZ this morning after being praised for my healing abilities, but you know what the other healer on the team was called names, told to stop playing and just generally treated like dirt. Well I thought to myself.....well I cant say what I thought but I stopped healing those insulting him and focused on keeping him alive and telling him to keep practicing.

So my advice to all you healers out there, if your "team" starts insulting you and making you feel like crap, don't snap back, stop healing. Keep those who are being kind alive and let the others suffer, even if it means loosing the WZ. They will not stop until they realize that there are consequences for being an ***.

To all those out there who are kind and tell us we are doing a good job or are even simply polite I thank you on behalf of healers everywhere.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up with all the healer QQ these days.

I always get love at the end of a WZ or FP, maybe you're just a baddie?

Healers ALWAYS get the MVP votes on my server unless there was a DPS who was out of control good.

There such things as random FPs.

And as my main is a healer, I thank the OP.

Healers ALWAYS get the MVP votes on my server unless there was a DPS who was out of control good.

But it's so much better when you get that love during the WZ.

Go ahead, lie and pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.

Yea, some healers seem to think they should always be thanked and mvped at the end simply because they are healers. When im dpsing, i almost never hear "gj solo capping that node and winning us the game" or "gj shutting down their healer so we could cap", why should heals be any different?

And for the record, my alt is a healer in pvp. Its a bit more reactive than dps, but not harder as most ppl would have you believe.

Saying "I have a healer alt" is the MMO equivalent of saying "I have a lot of black friends."

I didn't read the OP so if there was some whining going on here, I'm certainly not part of it. Very often however the only time people care about healers is before the match so they know who to guard for medals or after the match so they can vote for MVP. Between then the healer is left to keep itself alive and make sure you have fun. Appreciate that.

i rarely give out any mvp votes.. but if i do it goes to someone who's made a difference in the game.. i could care less what role he was playing.

just because someone chose to be a healer does'n mean he should get special treatment.. especially since some of them just stand heal spamming themselves.

as for the hating on them for not keeping someone alive well that just childish behaviour that is common in most mmo's "blame everyone except yourself"

Edited by hallucigenocide

But it's so much better when you get that love during the WZ.

Go ahead, lie and pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.

I don't need love for doing my job during the fighting, I heal and they DPS, I don't point out "Hey nice job removing that guys health bar." Not saying I don't give thanks for peels or protection during the match, I always make sure to praise a tank or peeling DPS during the match (that is however a very rare occurrence); and I only bring up the MVP votes because of the OP, I could care less - they give you nothing really but an e-peen boost.

just because someone chose to be a healer does'n mean he should get special treatment.. especially since some of them just stand heal spamming themselves.

f"

I've noticed this too with other healers, does healing people with full health still pad the numbers? I've never done it myself so I wouldn't know.

Edited by scraycroft

Playing as tank, healer, and DPS I get to enjoy all sides. I try not to pull threat off the tank when I am DPSing And I keep an eye on the healer. If I have a taunt ability I pull the mob that pulls away from the tank, back to the tank. As a healer, I do my best to keep everyone alive. There is just some times when no matter what, I am going to either not be able to keep the DPS alive, or have to make a choice, tank or you. Most people would rather take one for the team than let the tank drop. As the tank, I do my best to keep things rounded up. If something breaks away, I will do my best to taunt it back. There are some instances that for some reason the mob is not tauntable, or it just ignores my taunt. But hey, I agree. We all need to show love to those people that are dedicated to tanking or healing. I enjoy all three sides.

How do I make a bug report?

Every time I'm on my healer, and someone criticizes the healing, all I see on my screen is that person saying "Please heal me last!".

Then how do you know they are criticizing you if all you see is

"Please heal me last!"
? :jawa_tongue:

I've noticed this too with other healers, does healing people with full health still pad the numbers? I've never done it myself so I wouldn't know.

Don't think so: was in a losing WZ the other week with our whole group camped around a turret waiting for the end. Me and another healer spam-healed each other for a couple of minutes. Didn't seem to raise our heal totals.

You never played a Commando Pre-1.2 and Post-1.2 have you......?

BW slaps us in the face constantly. :mad:

Actually, if a role is treated like dirt, it tends to be the DPS not the healer in my experience. A lot of people seem to have the misconception that the tanks and the healers are doing the important work and the DPS is only needed to beat the enrage timer. And DPS are a dime a dozen, so we can kick them out freely, we never have to worry about not finding replacement.

Don't think so: was in a losing WZ the other week with our whole group camped around a turret waiting for the end. Me and another healer spam-healed each other for a couple of minutes. Didn't seem to raise our heal totals.

Sages/inquisitors sacrifice their health to regain force then heal themselves up to inflate their numbers. You see it all the time.

At the end of the day there are bad dps, bad tanks and you've guessed it, bad healers. Just because you've graced a group with your presence doesn't mean you're beyond criticism if you can't do your job. If I see one more sawbones that cant even be arsed to get his hots rolling on a tank before a boss fight or doesn't know he has a cleanse I'll... nothing, I'll absolutely nothing cos I know it's bound to happen TODAY.

Praise the healers? I praise and appreciate good players.

Sages/inquisitors sacrifice their health to regain force then heal themselves up to inflate their numbers. You see it all the time.

At the end of the day there are bad dps, bad tanks and you've guessed it, bad healers. Just because you've graced a group with your presence doesn't mean you're beyond criticism if you can't do your job. If I see one more sawbones that cant even be arsed to get his hots rolling on a tank before a boss fight or doesn't know he has a cleanse I'll... nothing, I'll absolutely nothing cos I know it's bound to happen TODAY.

Praise the healers? I praise and appreciate good players.

Then you'd love me, I always have at least two people with HoT's goin and cleanse like crazy :jawa_smile:

Statement: Back on Heddarr when Republic had the 65+% chance of winning pug WZ (you know, before the first class changes took place), I was one of the top healers on my alt. My main is a Vanguard. I would usually get the most (second most once in a while) points in healing during a WZ. I didn't get any "Good job" comments at the time even when I would keep someone who was being attacked by two players alive until he defeated both players.

Irritated Statement: Now I get flamed if I call for some protection in a pug. They tell me to "heal better", or ask stupid questions like "Why should we protect you?". I have not played any WZ as of late on ANY of my characters because of the utter lack of coordination and selfishness of other players. Players are all "Me first!" instead of "What can I do to help the team?"

Recollection: Only ONCE since before the first class changes have I been in a pug WZ where NOBODY on the Republic's side said anything the entire match and we beat the Imperial side so hard. And that instance was when the Ancient Hypergate WZ came out. We literally went from one side of the map to the other, capturing and defending. The chat box was clear except for MAYBE some greetings and the end commending. Everyone knew what to do, did their job well, and didn't degrade anyone at any point.

Admission: Granted the Imperial side may have been very uncoordinated and yelling at each other, which would explain why they lost so badly. But the win wasn't the fun part.

Fact: It was the lack of hate between the Republic players. That's what truly makes a WZ fun, especially when it's a pug.

Conclusion: So stop being so hateful to other players, especially the healers. They have the toughest job of all. They are now primary targets in WZ and have been for some time. Anyone who's been in a WZ group lacking a healer vs a group with only one healer, you know how horrible it is. I hereby support the author's post.