Ranked Warzone Development League

SEANeD

My guild took a hard hit on the ranked player pool. We are in the middle of a restructuring so to say so i doubt we could field any solid team at the moment. But if any ranked teams need a sniper to fill in a spot, i'll be you're huckleberry.

Same for VM. Our head PvP officer was perma-banned, which kind of threw us for a loop (it was a clerical error; she was reinstated but decided not to come back, anyhow). If anyone wants a bubble-stun DPS sorc (until they nerf it), I'm game.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the contrary, they're buffing it :)

Touche. I should have been more specific: Until they nerf the bubble-stun portion. :cool: Not only will you not be able to use it on teammates, but it is no longer a hard stun (so all my DoTs will break it), AND I can no longer click the effect off for the stun. That's cool though, because they're also moving the root on knockback WAAAY up the lightning tree (so only those OP Lightning Sorcs can get it), and making it so we can no longer have instant whirlwind (although, if we completely gimp our DPS, we can spend 4 points in the lightning tree and madness tree to have the privilege of reducing the cast time to 1s).

The good news is, while we're coming back from spawn, the DoTs that are still ticking will hit for slightly more damage, so we got a pretty good buff, I'd say! :rak_03:

Seriously, though, it's all still on PTS, so who knows what the final changes will be. All in all, my operative healer's happy.

I would like to join one of these "start-up" teams for " more than standard but less than true ranked WZ". Unfortunately I'm not elite but I think I'm pretty good, and learn fairly fast. That said I am also a thirty something physician, and between the hospital and real life, I can't spend hours watching videos, reading forums, and practicing daily as a previous poster alluded was required to play in ranked. This middle ground league sounds perfect though.

I have a feeling that I am NOT in the minority when it comes to this, and I think it's great what the OP is trying to do. So if anyone needs a DPS vanguard for organized play, who is a little older (and without the twitch reflex of a 20 year old... so sad), I'm game. I can't promise the best consistency but i should make most reasonable schedules.

dont know where this animosity and trashtalk between HS and uncensored came from i wasnt around, but i had fun in that 6-0 huttball regardless. hope to see you guys more

edit: these guys still crying about it in mumble... geez

Edited by ace_boogie

Touche. I should have been more specific: Until they nerf the bubble-stun portion. :cool: Not only will you not be able to use it on teammates, but it is no longer a hard stun (so all my DoTs will break it), AND I can no longer click the effect off for the stun. That's cool though, because they're also moving the root on knockback WAAAY up the lightning tree (so only those OP Lightning Sorcs can get it), and making it so we can no longer have instant whirlwind (although, if we completely gimp our DPS, we can spend 4 points in the lightning tree and madness tree to have the privilege of reducing the cast time to 1s).

The good news is, while we're coming back from spawn, the DoTs that are still ticking will hit for slightly more damage, so we got a pretty good buff, I'd say! :rak_03:

Seriously, though, it's all still on PTS, so who knows what the final changes will be. All in all, my operative healer's happy.

While you read a bit more than I did, you missed some changes and forgot to account for my incredible luck :p First of all, the bubble stun breaks on direct damage, so your dot ticks won't break the stun, however anything other than Affliction or an already present Crushing Darkness will break it. Additionally, you still get the god-mode bubble. You aslo get Mental Alacrity (I think Polarity Shift for you) so once you get white-barred, or before if you're ballzy, you can pop it and do some swift, uninterruptible healing. With the buff to Benevolence (Dark heal, i think) that's some serious self-heals. Finally, with Lightning Effusion, your force management is going to be a joke so you no longer need to use Consumption and you can use those Wrath procs for more single-target damage.

Overall, I'd say it's a pretty nice buff. And I don't cry too much about the force lift, since the thing I'm fighting always had my dots and I don't care for breaking such a big stun early.

While you read a bit more than I did, you missed some changes and forgot to account for my incredible luck :p First of all, the bubble stun breaks on direct damage, so your dot ticks won't break the stun, however anything other than Affliction or an already present Crushing Darkness will break it. Additionally, you still get the god-mode bubble. You aslo get Mental Alacrity (I think Polarity Shift for you) so once you get white-barred, or before if you're ballzy, you can pop it and do some swift, uninterruptible healing. With the buff to Benevolence (Dark heal, i think) that's some serious self-heals. Finally, with Lightning Effusion, your force management is going to be a joke so you no longer need to use Consumption and you can use those Wrath procs for more single-target damage.

Overall, I'd say it's a pretty nice buff. And I don't cry too much about the force lift, since the thing I'm fighting always had my dots and I don't care for breaking such a big stun early.

The changes to Sage have got me happy in pants. I mean love my sage now but will really love her with 2.0

Might even try Telekinetic Tree as it looks interesting to me now. Rarely ever used bubble stun so don't care that it was nerfed.

Jenna'syyde

<Hail Skroob> gonna be queuing up again tonight. Props to everyone who showed up last night, hope to see more of you before <Uncensored> comes thru and crushes the buildings

Yeah, we queue on the weekends to gear people up. I'm not the PvP lead in HS, but I talked to Devil and Powerburrito(taco) last night and all animosity and **** talking aside, you guys are pretty decent dudes. Hopefully we can keep gearing up our PvP newbies and give you guys a run for your money.

-Bhayne SMASH.

Yeah, we queue on the weekends to gear people up. I'm not the PvP lead in HS, but I talked to Devil and Powerburrito(taco) last night and all animosity and **** talking aside, you guys are pretty decent dudes. Hopefully we can keep gearing up our PvP newbies and give you guys a run for your money.

-Bhayne SMASH.

Bhayne-storm!!! What it do?

<snip>... swift, uninterruptible healing. With the buff to Benevolence (Dark heal, i think) that's some serious self-heals. Finally, with Lightning Effusion, your force management is going to be a joke so you no longer need to use Consumption and you can use those Wrath procs for more single-target damage.

Yeah, there are some nice perks, if you're a healer (I've never healed on this one; that's what my op is for). I played with it on PTS yesterday, and spent some time on a training dummy to try some of the different mechanics. I think I may end up with a lightning/madness hybrid. After trying a couple WZ without the stun bubble, I realized I just drop too quickly (especially to you stealthy smugglers). My whole gameplay is going to have to change with this. I may actually pick up chain lightning, with the buff to lightning strike. I agree that force shouldn't be much of an issue anymore, which is nice. Unfortunately, when half your time is spent running from spawn, force is never the issue, anyhow. :D

was force ever an issue for sage/sorc heals? you could just life tap couldn't you? resource management is far more dire for mando/merc healers in its present state imo.

Energy management was only bad for full balance, or bubble-stun heals if you try to keep too many people alive. Noble sac is okay, but it still hurts you, still causes your force regen rate to drop, and still costs a gcd that could be spent towards dps. With an amazing 1.3% energy regen rate, it's kinda like playing a trooper who has a crapton of ammo, but their regen rate is constantly stuck in the red zone.

Yeah, there are some nice perks, if you're a healer (I've never healed on this one; that's what my op is for). I played with it on PTS yesterday, and spent some time on a training dummy to try some of the different mechanics. I think I may end up with a lightning/madness hybrid. After trying a couple WZ without the stun bubble, I realized I just drop too quickly (especially to you stealthy smugglers). My whole gameplay is going to have to change with this. I may actually pick up chain lightning, with the buff to lightning strike. I agree that force shouldn't be much of an issue anymore, which is nice. Unfortunately, when half your time is spent running from spawn, force is never the issue, anyhow. :D

I actually planned on going the hybrid build no matter what. You can still get the 30% crit bonus and now you can get lighting effusion and an insta-cast Chain Lightning. Since the proc chance for it is increased from 30% to 60% based off of Lightning Strike, the hybrid build is becoming a little more like what it was back at launch. Basically you lose out on the top tier ability, but possibly gain more damage and more survivability with better energy management. The heal hybrid build was acutally kinda nerfed, but the full heals build is good enough to compensate now.

I actually planned on going the hybrid build no matter what. You can still get the 30% crit bonus and now you can get lighting effusion and an insta-cast Chain Lightning. Since the proc chance for it is increased from 30% to 60% based off of Lightning Strike, the hybrid build is becoming a little more like what it was back at launch. Basically you lose out on the top tier ability, but possibly gain more damage and more survivability with better energy management. The heal hybrid build was acutally kinda nerfed, but the full heals build is good enough to compensate now.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Hybrid seems like it could be good. A lot more to pay attention to than my current "rotation", but I can see the stars aligning for some pretty good burst, which is an impossibility on my current setup. And, dropping Creeping Terror isn't a big deal. Mediocre DoT with short term root? Meh. Probably still won't do full lightning, either (I mean, c'mon...Deathfield does pretty good damage vs. Thundering blast, and now hits up to 5 people? Yes, please!).

Updated my original post to make scheduling ranked a bit easier. Note that there may be some teams that are participating or a still not 100% sure that I did not get a contact person or consent to list that contact person yet. Any other guilds that are interested please list your guilds name and a contact person for scheduling.

Sean, I just wanted to let you know that I think what you're trying to do here is pretty awesome. And don't let the other guilds/people who disagree with it stop you.

Sean, I just wanted to let you know that I think what you're trying to do here is pretty awesome. And don't let the other guilds/people who disagree with it stop you.

Agreed. I solo queued and got in a few games with him one night. Pretty solid player, too.

We (skroobs) ran into a little snag this past weekend, rotating players in and out and being rolled by everyone we played lol... but me and Bhayne will try our hardest to keep us going every Saturday. And hopefully in a few weeks we can hammer out a solid team or as close as we can get.

Thanks.

Chaotic Pixels would like to thank Seane for putting this together. We are slowly but surely re-entering the ranked scene. Thanks to Devil and his crew for opting out of a que for us to que against a scheduled match with Afterlife. I take back MOST of the things i said about you Devil lol:D