Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nuffmeister's Avatar


Nuffmeister
02.15.2021 , 05:41 PM | #141
Not sure why some people are hung up on other people getting achievements they feel they didn't earn.

There are quite a few people that got extremely difficult raidng achievements by doing nothing more than paying a progression raid group to do it for them while they ate a sandwich and watched tv. Doesn't bother me that they didn't "earn" their rewards in any other way than paying people off, whatever makes you happy. /shrug

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.15.2021 , 07:17 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuffmeister View Post
Not sure why some people are hung up on other people getting achievements they feel they didn't earn.

There are quite a few people that got extremely difficult raidng achievements by doing nothing more than paying a progression raid group to do it for them while they ate a sandwich and watched tv. Doesn't bother me that they didn't "earn" their rewards in any other way than paying people off, whatever makes you happy. /shrug
The same as some people have open world pvp achievements done when all they did was get people to login on the other side and let themselves be killed. Where as all of my open world pvp achievements were earnt doing actual open world pvp. No short cuts.

The game has changed, evolved or devolved. It’s not the same game we were playing 9 years ago or even 2 years ago, let alone when these space missions were added.

robertthebard's Avatar


robertthebard
02.15.2021 , 07:35 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The same as some people have open world pvp achievements done when all they did was get people to login on the other side and let themselves be killed. Where as all of my open world pvp achievements were earnt doing actual open world pvp. No short cuts.

The game has changed, evolved or devolved. It’s not the same game we were playing 9 years ago or even 2 years ago, let alone when these space missions were added.
You might have a point, if people didn't have to actually do the missions. Of course, I still don't see what the fuss is about. It's not like anyone's going to gain any advantage over anyone else if they finish out this Rep. I fly these missions every day, sometimes multiple times, for credits, and Comms. Some of the harder ones too, depending on my mood, and what else I want to do, and I remain unaffected by what Joe Casual may be able to accomplish.

I just hope that people actually get the rep, unlike what was going on after they changed how rep was handled.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.15.2021 , 07:48 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
You might have a point, if people didn't have to actually do the missions. Of course, I still don't see what the fuss is about. It's not like anyone's going to gain any advantage over anyone else if they finish out this Rep. I fly these missions every day, sometimes multiple times, for credits, and Comms. Some of the harder ones too, depending on my mood, and what else I want to do, and I remain unaffected by what Joe Casual may be able to accomplish.

I just hope that people actually get the rep, unlike what was going on after they changed how rep was handled.
Exactly, it’s not like it affects anyone else if they get these done.
The same could be said for uprisings which is going to be harder for master mode after tonight’s patch.
Does that mean all my master mode uprising achievements should be reset because I did them while easier than someone will be able to do them tomorrow?
Of course not because it doesn’t affect anyone else or how they play the game. I really don’t understand the whole mentality of restricting others from doing x y z because you had to do it when it was harder. Especially when Bioware are willing to also increase the difficulty on achievements and not reset those for people who did it when it was easier (and I’m not suggesting they should).
The game evolves and changes. Look how easy something’s are now compared to 9 years ago. I don’t begrudge people who get those achievements now when some are super easy compared to back then.

Nuffmeister's Avatar


Nuffmeister
02.15.2021 , 08:24 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The same as some people have open world pvp achievements done when all they did was get people to login on the other side and let themselves be killed. Where as all of my open world pvp achievements were earnt doing actual open world pvp. No short cuts.

The game has changed, evolved or devolved. It’s not the same game we were playing 9 years ago or even 2 years ago, let alone when these space missions were added.
Exactly, you know you earnt your achievements on your own merit and should take pride in that.

There used to be a time when i'd marvel at some of the rare mounts and titles, but now with win trading, people buying raid runs from third party sites (especially for rewards that were for a limited period) or from the forums and whatever other means people have used to circumvent in game challenge I see a rare mount and go "meh". Doesn't bother me that they have it, it just no longer has any "wow nice!" impact on me.

Not that my opinion carries any weight in the slightest, nor the owner of said item should give a toss. Like you say, the game has evolved or devolved and certainly isn't the same game we started playing 9 years ago, it is what it is.

robertthebard's Avatar


robertthebard
02.16.2021 , 10:16 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Exactly, it’s not like it affects anyone else if they get these done.
The same could be said for uprisings which is going to be harder for master mode after tonight’s patch.
Does that mean all my master mode uprising achievements should be reset because I did them while easier than someone will be able to do them tomorrow?
Of course not because it doesn’t affect anyone else or how they play the game. I really don’t understand the whole mentality of restricting others from doing x y z because you had to do it when it was harder. Especially when Bioware are willing to also increase the difficulty on achievements and not reset those for people who did it when it was easier (and I’m not suggesting they should).
The game evolves and changes. Look how easy something’s are now compared to 9 years ago. I don’t begrudge people who get those achievements now when some are super easy compared to back then.
Yep. On your last point, however, while some of that is done dev side, most of the reason we find things much easier now than previously is experience. To stay closer to the topic, in Nez Perron Sweep(sp), I used to be happy if I could get the first seven ships. As my comms increased, along with my ships gear, it became getting all the ships before the destroyer, then getting through the "spin cycle" w/out using an EMP, getting all the turrets on the destroyer, getting the second wave mission completed before I got through with the "chase wave" after the "spin cycle", then getting the Command Center on the way out. The same applies to progression raiding.

We learned how it works, and so are better able to handle it. While on Nar Shaddaa yesterday, a player was having problems with a class mission, and the advice was running to "you should have done the planetary missions before you got here". My questions? "How's your gear, what role are you playing, and what role is your comp set to". They set their comp to tank, and finished the mission on the first try...
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
02.16.2021 , 03:20 PM | #147
Heh there are two things here, you are discussing difficulty, but its about the time spent. Based on what you are saying, why didnt the Devs make the old operations to be soloable, like wow? So everyone can get them done? Doesnt matter now, right? Game is changing, no one cares about the people who spent monhts to progress EC NiM, right?
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

robertthebard's Avatar


robertthebard
02.16.2021 , 03:37 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Heh there are two things here, you are discussing difficulty, but its about the time spent. Based on what you are saying, why didnt the Devs make the old operations to be soloable, like wow? So everyone can get them done? Doesnt matter now, right? Game is changing, no one cares about the people who spent monhts to progress EC NiM, right?
As one of those, I really don't. However, since we're discussing SP PvE space missions, you're way off base, right? When did getting Rep in those missions ever require a group? Despite this, group content should remain as it is, this is an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
02.16.2021 , 04:23 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
As one of those, I really don't. However, since we're discussing SP PvE space missions, you're way off base, right? When did getting Rep in those missions ever require a group? Despite this, group content should remain as it is, this is an MMO.
Its about the principle now you defend one part too, just like people here defend that it shoudl stay that way, what ever the reason is. There are quite a few achievements that are time-consuming. Getting the rep from Space missions was one of them. They might as well make digging for treassures easier, it doesnt bother anyone who spent months on it, right? It was in the past, right? Game is changing...... its not about this is group stuff, this is not, its about the principle.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

robertthebard's Avatar


robertthebard
02.16.2021 , 04:40 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Its about the principle now you defend one part too, just like people here defend that it shoudl stay that way, what ever the reason is. There are quite a few achievements that are time-consuming. Getting the rep from Space missions was one of them. They might as well make digging for treassures easier, it doesnt bother anyone who spent months on it, right? It was in the past, right? Game is changing...... its not about this is group stuff, this is not, its about the principle.
Did they also remove the rep cap per week? I must have missed that in their announcements. The only thing that changes is that now more missions will award rep. As someone that doesn't particularly care one way or the other, why didn't the operations already give Rep? It should have been a thing from day 1. The only "principle" that I see is "but it's not fair"? To me, it's "I don't care". I don't care that it's easier to get Rep, and I don't care that someone thinks it's not fair. I'm not required to do either.

They are going to run into the same obstacles that I have: weekly caps on reputation. "But they can store the tokens for future reference"... You mean, the same way we all did for places like Section X? Where the end result is that you effectively lower the cap for the following week, by using up the rep tokens from the previous week, or, as I have done with Section X in particular, make running it moot because I had enough tokens to hit the cap w/out ever leaving my ship.

This is a change that has 0 impact on anyone except for the people that want to be busy bodying it up keeping tabs on what others are doing that they may not approve of.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?