Came back to game after more than 6 years need assistance please

Limbybehaves

1) How is the landscape difficulty overall? Do classes kill mobs faster?

2) Can you tell me the most drastic changes which happened since early 2012?

3) How much has game expanded ?

4) When I played there were not Cartel coins, are they essential and are there any pay to win items?

5) Is there open world PvP?

6) I am thinking to play as Jedi Guardian with Soresu style , how effective are they for solo play , I am looking for a class that easily dispatch multiple enemies fast , actually the best DPS class out there, but I love tanking too

7) What crafting proficenty do you recommned for Jedi Guardian and do we have good rewards from solo quests, weapons,armour, shields and so on?

Thank you for your time, I am mainly a solo player just to clarify

1. Generally, the early parts of the game are easier than it was in 2012. But, although you out-level the content very quickly, your level, in the early stages, is adjusted (temporarily) to be closer to the general level of the planet, etc.

2. One of the biggest changes is that companions no longer have fixed roles. You can set any companion to either DPS, tank, or heal, as desired. There is basically little difference between them other than some are ranged and some are melee.

3. A bunch.

4. No, Cartel Coins are not essential. They are used to buy cosmetic items from the Cartel Market and to "unlock" things. Other than some XP boosts, there's no pay-to-win.

5. Yes, but there are no PvP servers - now you can go to a PvP "instance" in most areas. I don't think open world PvP Is very popular.

6. Your "form" is now based upon your spec and fixed - you don't get to change form. A guardian only has Soresu form if you are in tank spec. I just recently made a new Guardian (dps) (I already had an older one) and I'm having a great time with it. But I'd say my Gunslingers do more damage - it's hard to tell since my GSs are a bit better geared.

7. Crafting is a very individual thing. I have a crafter for each profession and the things I find useful - augments, implants, relics, medpacs - are spread over 3 or 4 professions.

My new Guardian is not a crafter, but it has Archeology, Scavenging, and Slicing to help with features in some Flashpoints.

I've never gotten into crafting to make credits on the GTN so I can't say what might be good for that.

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 weeks later...