Can YOU interrupt a 2.5 second cast?

Acyu

Because if you can, you will be able to dominate a healing sorcerer in 1.2.

Force bending (the buff applied upon casting the HoT) is redesigned in 1.2 to no longer decrease the cast time of dark infusion (the 2.5 second "big" heal) by 1s.

Every dark infusion (the only heal that actually heals enough) will be full 2.5 cast time (pre-alacrity).

Without a percentage damage reduction cooldown, the only "reliable heal" is bubble, which we know is on a debuff cooldown.

Lets not pretend that chaining double 1.5 dark infusions was not the only thing keeping us alive against 1 single DPS.

Oh, and consumption will always consume HP now (the healing talent to remove health consumption was removed).

So if you want to recover force (assuming you live long enough without 1.5s dark infusions), you will only put yourself in further jeopardy by using a GCD AND expend HP.

Thank god I rerolled marauder (level 49 baby), which was BUFFED, hahahah.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Force bending (the buff applied upon casting the HoT) is redesigned in 1.2 to no longer decrease the cast time of dark infusion (the 2.5 second "big" heal) by 1s.

Every dark infusion (the only heal that actually heals enough) will be full 2.5 cast time (pre-alacrity).

Without a percentage damage reduction cooldown, the only "reliable heal" is bubble, which we know is on a debuff cooldown.

Lets not pretend that chaining double 1.5 dark infusions was not the only thing keeping us alive against 1 single DPS.

Oh, and consumption will always consume HP now (the healing talent to remove health consumption was removed).

So if you want to recover force (assuming you live long enough without 1.5s dark infusions), you will only put yourself in further jeopardy by using a GCD AND expend HP.

the forcebending changes are simply retarded... I might play madness in 1.2, Im pretty sure I wont be healing as it looks now.

Yep I got my Jugg lvling... itll be 50 by the time 1.2 comes.

I would sometimes get an interrupt on Mass Dispel. A .8 second cast that removed my partners best defensive ability Ice Block in world of warcraft. All about having an internet connection with 22-30 ms baby! Edited by Izola

I would sometimes get an interrupt on Mass Dispel. A .8 second cast that removed my partners best defensive ability Ice Block in world of warcraft. All about having an internet connection with 22-30 ms baby!

One of my favorite moments in WoW was repentancing a locks fel dom. My druid partner got a stealth off, pounced, then cycloned until the buff was gone lol.

Honestly i think this change will cripple healer sorc/sages, hard

Now before you start with the l2p dance, if you don play that char you have absolutely no idea how much we rely on the -1s reduction, if a single sentinel/mar or dps vang/pt is beating on us the fast heal does not heal enough to keep us alive and interrupting a 2.5s cast before alacrity is something everyone can do even if you faint on the keyboard

Bad times

Likely the commando/merc healer will be the best healer for rated wzs, even if they got some nerfs aswell

I guess some people got what they wanted

Honestly i think this change will cripple healer sorc/sages, hard

Now before you start with the l2p dance, if you don play that char you have absolutely no idea how much we rely on the -1s reduction, if a single sentinel/mar or dps vang/pt is beating on us the fast heal does not heal enough to keep us alive and interrupting a 2.5s cast before alacrity is something everyone can do even if you faint on the keyboard

Bad times

Likely the commando/merc healer will be the best healer for rated wzs, even if they got some nerfs aswell

I guess some people got what they wanted

I'm respeccing. I hope they enjoy staring at the force field. You know, the one with the fun timer on it that keeps you out of the action until the other team blows the doors (for example)?

Oh no, you have to worry about interrupts instead of just standing there and spamming, the HORROR! Bioware, how dare you?

If the only problem you see is interrupt, and not an enforced cast time that can't be (much) improved on, with otherwise very weak and inefficient heals from the shorter cast time abilities, I don't really know how to open your eyes.

With proc: 100% (1.5s).

Without proc (now every cast): 167% cast time (2.5s).

It's not about interrupts primarily - I juked those before - it's about an overall decrease in HPS. And it will hurt in PvE as much as it does in PvP - and there are very few interrupts to worry about in FP.

If it takes me 167% of the time to cast something, that's going to hurt.

I think the best way to describe it is to take something you absolutely rely on as DPS - and then give it 2/3 longer cast or cooldown timer. Would you think that a good thing?

Single healers were able to heal 2-3 people, plus themselves with relative ease. If its entirely aweful BW will make more adjustments. This is the nature of MMO's, trial and error with balancing and lots of changes. I imagine the same people who play those "broken classes" well will be fine playing healers post 1.2. you know, the ones with skill. I don't mean to insult you or call you bad but learn to deal with the changes and eventually you'll see your class is still fine.

I think the best way to describe it is to take something you absolutely rely on as DPS - and then give it 2/3 longer cast or cooldown timer. Would you think that a good thing?

So interrupt would count on this since a DPS relies on it in PVP. I mean it has twice the cooldown of the downtime debuff it causes. So yeah, welcome to PVP.

Single healers were able to heal 2-3 people, plus themselves with relative ease. If its entirely aweful BW will make more adjustments. This is the nature of MMO's, trial and error with balancing and lots of changes. I imagine the same people who play those "broken classes" well will be fine playing healers post 1.2. you know, the ones with skill. I don't mean to insult you or call you bad but learn to deal with the changes and eventually you'll see your class is still fine.

I would love to understand the term "relative ease". I never felt that in WZ or OW PvP. I'd love to get to feel relative ease sometime.

A single competent player could shut me down and keep me out of the fight for quite a while (if I survived it) while my teammates cratered.

I have skill, I think. My raw HPS is going to be reduced. A lot. And because of it, my own survivability is going to go down the tubes. So I am now going to (practically) be forced to use some kind of hybrid build just to stay alive a bit longer, and my heals will suffer concomitantly.

I'm on the fence about continuing to heal - and make no mistake, this affects PvE as well. Of course, there are FAR too many healers in the world because it's the best job. /s

So interrupt would count on this since a DPS relies on it in PVP. I mean it has twice the cooldown of the downtime debuff it causes. So yeah, welcome to PVP.

Good grief - this isn't a "my dog is bigger than yours" argument where we should try to outmaneuver each other to find that ONE thing that doesn't apply.

Take the one DPS skill that is not instant cast that you rely on and either give it a 167% cast time or a 2/3 longer cooldown. Do you like what that does to your capability?

Take the one DPS skill that is not instant cast that you rely on and either give it a 167% cast time or a 2/3 longer cooldown. Do you like what that does to your capability?

It balances them? Ironic. Whenever a DPS complains about healers you got twenty healers telling the DPS he's bad and he wants to kill healers without using his brain. Funny how that changes when the healers recieve the short end of the stick.

Advice: Deal wit it or reroll the next FOTM.

It balances them? Ironic. Whenever a DPS complains about healers you got twenty healers telling the DPS he's bad and he wants to kill healers without using his brain. Funny how that changes when the healers recieve the short end of the stick.

Advice: Deal wit it or reroll the next FOTM.

Find a quote of mine telling dps they're bad. One.

Healers have gotten the short end of the stick in every game I've played, mostly because of frustrated DPSers (but I want to play what I WANT TO PLAY - don't make me play anything but a killer!). It busts your chops that you can't guarantee a kill against a healer, you don't want to change your spec or play style (which work fine against other one-way dps players) and the only result is "balance".

You are still evading my question. Take your most depended on DPS skill and give it 2/3 longer cooldown or cast time. Do you like what that does to your ability to play?

Will you like it better when you are doing some PvE thing and now the healer can't save your butt when you forget to move out of the goop?

Lets not pretend that chaining double 1.5 dark infusions was not the only thing keeping us alive against 1 single DPS. .

Yes, let's pretend Sorcs don't have an AoE knockback, a bubble, a sprint and an instant heal to protect themselves, all on ridiculously short cooldowns.

Will you like it better when you are doing some PvE thing and now the healer can't save your butt when you forget to move out of the goop?

Oh but don't worry. There's no TRAUMA in PVE. You'll be just fine. Chin up, champ.

Give it a chance before you panic. Sorc healers are on the OP side right now, whether people want to admit it or not. A healer should be able to heal themselves through 1 v 1 dps all day, but you often see 2 sorc healers able to keep themselves alive in a wz with groups of people attacking them.

I play a sorc, and yes the chain lightning nerf sucks (even more so for me since i wasn't hybrid), but give it a chance before you panic. Bioware obviously has enough numbers where they feel changes are justified. Sorc healers will still be fantastic in huttball due to utility (sprint, pull, shield, etc), I wouldn't worry about it. Good players will find a way around the nerf, either through stacking godly amounts of alacrity, or by avoiding trying to tank 2-4 dps at once while healing the ball carrier.

If the nerf to sorc healing is too much, bioware will surely fix it down the road. Stick with the class you enjoy playing, don't worry about FOTM classes, and everything else will work itself out down the road. Don't worry sorc healers, the good dps still will try and keep you from dying as we <3 our healers. Have a good day everyone.

Edited by justandulas

Learn to fake cast. Or try casting a dps ability first to bait the interrupt.

And if you opponent has half brain working? What then?

Seriously who the hell interrupts a dps spell to a healer? Just terrible people

Give it a chance before you panic. Sorc healers are on the OP side right now, whether people want to admit it or not. A healer should be able to heal themselves through 1 v 1 dps all day, but you often see 2 sorc healers able to keep themselves alive in a wz with groups of people attacking them.

I play a sorc, and yes the chain lightning nerf sucks (even more so for me since i wasn't hybrid), but give it a chance before you panic. Bioware obviously has enough numbers where they feel changes are justified. Sorc healers will still be fantastic in huttball due to utility (sprint, pull, shield, etc), I wouldn't worry about it. Good players will find a way around the nerf, either through stacking godly amounts of alacrity, or by avoiding trying to tank 2-4 dps at once while healing the ball carrier.

If the nerf to sorc healing is too much, bioware will surely fix it down the road. Stick with the class you enjoy playing, don't worry about FOTM classes, and everything else will work itself out down the road. Don't worry sorc healers, the good dps still will try and keep you from dying as we <3 our healers. Have a good day everyone.

I am trying to keep this in mind. But I've played other games (ahem - priest in WoW) that were annihilated. I kept playing it for a long time and eventually things turned around. But not before I had to take a lot of sh...oeshine because I played a "crap" class.

Learn to fake cast. Or try casting a dps ability first to bait the interrupt.

Fake cast? Fake what? There is only one heal that needs to be interrupted now and each one can be distinguished by nothing more then the cast time now. You don't even have to remember what any of them are called, just how long it takes.

At least now, you have to make a choice. Interrupt the channel that gives a free Nobel Sac or the know the name of the bigger heal (Deliverance) since the reduced cast time made it the same cast time as the crap one (Benevolence).

These changes really destroy Sage healing against any half competent opponent that knows 1.5 = let it go, 2.5 = stop.

I am trying to keep this in mind. But I've played other games (ahem - priest in WoW) that were annihilated. I kept playing it for a long time and eventually things turned around. But not before I had to take a lot of sh...oeshine because I played a "crap" class.

I don't think it will be as drastic as that. WoW's nerfs to healers were always wild and over the top (and usually to the wrong healing class... nerf priests while resto druids remain gods lol).

Sorc is one of the most played classes in the game, bioware won't completely destroy them. Sorc healers are abit OP right now, especially in groups. They still will be able to heal themselves up 1 v 1 all day, but this makes it so they can't so easily tank 2-3 players at once while keeping someone else alive as well.. they may have to choose between saving themselves or their target, which sounds balanced to me.

And again, the good pvpers will always try to protect you healers, especially once ranked comes out. I know personally I am always willing to die in PVP to save the healer as they are more valuable then i am to my team, and many other good players have to feel the same way. We <3 our healers and will protect them. See the changes first hand before you panic over patch notes that could still be changed before it launches on live servers. Look at the forums right now, every single class from BH, to Sorc, to Troopers are all complaining about tiny nerfs here and there (while ignoring buffs to other aspects of our classes).