I knew 1.2 was going to kill this game.

Chaos_Distortion

I knew 1.2 class balance changes were going to be the end of this game, it usually always is the beginning of the end when developers do massive class balance changes in one patch. I didn't know they were going to be this severe, Bioware managed to actually completely gut over half the classes in this game, seriously *** do you guys play your own game?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't seem to read the forums... I mean; some of the things they changed were exactly what didn't need changing. Minor exceptions noted.

It almost feels like reverse universe where all that should be changed isnt, and all that shouldnt is :D

Edited by GrandMike

So people QQ'd enough about Sorcs that they're pretty much going to be a useless DPS Spec - the DPS will be poor with no more CL setup builds with Madness, Lightning will still suck. Lightning Strike will still only crit for 500 on real geared people

but Powertech is not nerfed whatsoever? Are you serious? And Marauders/Sents are essentially buffed? lolololol

Makes me wonder if Bioware actually plays their game.

They don't seem to read the forums... I mean; some of the things they changed were exactly what didn't need changing. Minor exceptions noted.

Thanks god they didnt read the forums. But if they would read they can only see Nerf every class cause they are OP. Nerf every spec and build.

Until programs come out to parse combat logs no one knows what their actual dps is or how much their doing or how OP they actually where. Sure we can guess and make educated assumptions but we will just have to wait a week or 2 until 1.2 goes live and we can parse our combat logs and see whatsup.

I understand that you think the sky is falling because your class got nerfed, but bioware is doing nerfs based on numbers not baseless complaints from the community.

they nerf balanced classes and buff the ones that dont need a buff.. bioware is just... the worst mmorpg company to ever be created

I knew 1.2 class balance changes were going to be the end of this game, it usually always is the beginning of the end when developers do massive class balance changes in one patch. I didn't know they were going to be this severe, Bioware managed to actually completely gut over half the classes in this game, seriously *** do you guys play your own game?

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Easy does it, Chicken Little. It isn't all that bad.

Let me guess, you play either a sorc/sage or merc/commando.

Read my sig, I play a Scoundrel, which got nerfed even more for no apparent reason. They completely gutted the class now, forget Bioware and their nonsensical class changes. I'm officially done with this game. I have various other alts in the 30s and 40s as well.. Bioware made the mistake of over doing class balance changes in one patch that is usually the bane of MMOs, especially since they're doing it so early in the game..

Read my sig, I play a Scoundrel, which got nerfed even more for no apparent reason. They completely gutted the class now, forget Bioware and their nonsensical class changes. I'm officially done with this game. I have various other alts in the 30s and 40s as well.. Bioware made the mistake of over doing class balance changes in one patch that is usually the bane of MMOs, especially since they're doing it so early in the game..

But they buffed Scoundrel healing.....

Emergent Emergencies now additionally increases the maximum stack limit of Upper Hand by 1.

Healing Hand now also increases the duration of Upper Hand by 2 seconds per point.

Homegrown Pharmacology now additionally reduces the Energy cost of Kolto Cloud by 2 per point.

Kolto Cloud has been rebalanced. It now has a 15-second cooldown, heals over 6 seconds, and heals for approximately 10% more than before.

Patient Studies now additionally increases the speed at which Diagnostic Scan channels by 15% per point.

Misinformed perhaps

But they buffed Scoundrel healing.....

Emergent Emergencies now additionally increases the maximum stack limit of Upper Hand by 1.

Healing Hand now also increases the duration of Upper Hand by 2 seconds per point.

Homegrown Pharmacology now additionally reduces the Energy cost of Kolto Cloud by 2 per point.

Kolto Cloud has been rebalanced. It now has a 15-second cooldown, heals over 6 seconds, and heals for approximately 10% more than before.

Patient Studies now additionally increases the speed at which Diagnostic Scan channels by 15% per point.

Misinformed perhaps

I also play a dps scoundrel a lot, so I'm not misinformed. I don't only heal, I don't want to be forced to only heal on my scoundrel because Bioware thinks that scoundrels shouldn't be able to dps.. They didn't even fix one of the major gripes from the scoundrel healer community and it's that Underworld Medicine is the only reliable way to get an upperhand proc, if that gets interrupted we're pretty much screwed as everything else (Besides our hots.) revolves around upperhand. They need to make Kolto Pack generate upperhand and remove the upperhand requirement on it, then scoundrel healing will be on par with the other two.

Edited by Chaos_Distortion

I love when people threaten to leave the game because they see their class as being nerfed. This went on for years in WoW and it still goes strong. The community as a whole doesn't care if a person threatens to leave.

I want to point out that these nerfs and or buffs don't come out of thin air as much as the professional complainers on the forums like to think they do. You ever consider the people who actually run the game have some statistics on their side? Ever think they can see the trend across ALL their servers? I've seen a pvp warzone match with 8 sages/sorc Roll the the other team due to CC/heal/DPS all from the same build. I've seen a roll due to lack of DPS I've seen a roll simply because one team can out pass the ball over the other.

But I will for now trust the teams to use the statistics they get from doing their job over the emotional rants that come from people who tend to flock to the forums for no reason other than to complain. Before you throw out some "I'm not having an emotional rant" response. Actually even I get ******** when I play ... and see another class seemingly **** me out of no where. It's more due to heat of the moment then it is actual perception of the facts.

To be honest if you want to balance PvP issues..take out expertise. PvP stat buffs are something that breaks balanced abilities than any other. Why reward people who pvp and know how to pvp better than others already with even more of an advantage by giving them extra stats against those who don't get to farm? The sub 50 bracket tends to be way more enjoyable for this very reason.

I would like to add, if you find your class isn't enjoyably to play any more...play one you find more enjoyable! Just cuz you have a level 50 doesn't mean you HAVE to play them. This is a game, not a job. no one has a gun to your head telling you to play something. Chances are, if they are indeed "nerfed" and people don't play them any more...they will rebound in a following patch or two. Also, even after a nerf it typically takes a few days before people find a way to min-max the new builds into a new high DPS build that works just as well. Edited by Hedge-Ex

Guess you havent played many MMOs, it is entirely common for a company to make major sweeping changes within the first 6 months of a MMOs life.

Gentlemen (and ladies, when applicable) None of these changes are final. If it truly does "kill" a particular class, i'm sure the changes will be adjusted as needed.

Shadows/Assassins were supposed to be killed after hybrid builds became pretty much impossible, and they are still going strong.

And, if not, well...plenty of other options on the horizon.

Edited by Belly

Guess you havent played many MMOs, it is entirely common for a company to make major sweeping changes within the first 6 months of a MMOs life.

More than you and anyone else on these forums. No company has done major class changes to completely gut classes, non. They have buffed other classes to be on par but never have I seen an MMO gut/nerf over half of the classes/specs in the game with no exchange to make up for the losses.. Even SOE waited a few years before doing massive class/game changes..

Edited by Chaos_Distortion

well actually its on test real, not on live, and people always whine..

they wrote with big letters that it doesnt mean all changes will go live.

i saw a lot of good things there if we talk about pvp, ranked warzones, new warzone etc.

It won't kill the game but a lot of players will have to adjust to the changes. Most of the changes will be tolerable while others will really change the way some people play their classes. It's nothing different than what most MMORPG games go through when they drop their first major game changing patch. We'll just have to see what direction Bioware goes from 1.2.

-LatinLegacy