Sentinels are the new Easy Mode Class post 1.2

Cyphedeous

Claiming marauders are hard to play vs other classes in this game is like claiming paper, rock, scissors is harder to play then tic tac toe...
You obviously havent really played one, it's easy to shoot ppl, shock ppl and get up on the leader boards, but mara/sent has alot more cd management and other factors through out the wz to worry about sorry. Even more than jugg surprisingly...

Considering the number of keybinds and the level of timing to pull this class off, you have no idea what you're talking about. Yes, for the chosen few, this class will output horrendous damage. For most of us it will remain unplayable.

We're like two blendtech blender's hooked up to one big cup... Everything blends.

Considering the number of keybinds and the level of timing to pull this class off, you have no idea what you're talking about. Yes, for the chosen few, this class will output horrendous damage. For most of us it will remain unplayable.

yes cause pressing extra 10 buttons is so hard omg, i can't press extra 10 buttons. my iq is not high enough. help please

is the class harder to play then other classes maybe, is it really a hard class to play. nope not at all.

i don't have all abilities mapped on my lv30 sent yet i destroy people 1vs1 soo much that the only way they can kill me is if they gank me. but if they gank me, my team gets the objective. but there a lot of a terribads, like the lv39 marauder who jumped my sent when he was lv10. not only did i have less health, also abilities. but he still lost, followed by rage on /say chat. fact is most of the players pvping are pure tras* and need l2p, thats why sent/marauder seem hard.

wernt you ragequitting and going to gw2 because your hybrid sorc was nerfed?

I will still remain to here to remind terribads to how bad they are. Paid privilege :D

Xept on weekends when ill do GW2 beta.

And my sage was benched >month ago FYI because it was good only against terribads like you.

Edited by GrandMike

yes cause pressing extra 10 buttons is so hard omg, i can't press extra 10 buttons. my iq is not high enough. help please

is the class harder to play then other classes maybe, is it really a hard class to play. nope not at all.

i don't have all abilities mapped on my lv30 sent yet i destroy people 1vs1 soo much that the only way they can kill me is if they gank me. but if they gank me, my team gets the objective. but there a lot of a terribads, like the lv39 marauder who jumped my sent when he was lv10. not only did i have less health, also abilities. but he still lost, followed by rage on /say chat. fact is most of the players pvping are pure tras* and need l2p, thats why sent/marauder seem hard.

Generally speaking, yes, having to maintain and actively use 10 extra abilities generally makes a class harder. That's like saying adding an extra ball while juggling doesn't make it harder, yes it does. It makes it mentally more difficult to pull everything off, and it makes it physically more difficult as you have to be quicker and more reactive.

Edited by Anbokr

Generally speaking, yes, having to maintain and actively use 10+ abilities generally makes a class harder. That's like saying adding an extra ball while juggling doesn't make it harder, yes it does. It makes it mentally more difficult to pull everything off, and it makes it physically more difficult as you have to be quicker and more reactive.

This!

Sent will remain a real pain in the butt to play well for most people due to having to stay on target while keeping this many irons in the fire.

Most OP classes fall into one of three catagories.

1. Class is OP when played by a good player with the best gear.

OR

2. Class is OP when played by anyone due to ease of use.

Or

3. Both.

Sent is not any of these.

If they ever implement macros, I'm immediately rolling a Mara and I'm gonna exploit it until the last tears shed from your precious little faces.

Macros would simplify this class a ton, but I hope to god they don't implement macros. WoW turned into who had the better macros/addons.

If they ever implement macros, I'm immediately rolling a Mara and I'm gonna exploit it until the last tears shed from your precious little faces.

macros aren't going to do anything for marauder... what are we goign to do free up two maybe 3 hotkeys?!... oh man.

Sentinels will be effective, but they definitely won't be "easy" to play in comparison to some of the other classes in this game. Watchman is basically unchanged and still requires lots of micromanagement of DoTs and procs, Combat will still require setting up perfect DPS rotation opportunities, and Focus will be no easier than the Guardian version. This is all in addition to the numerous off the GCD defensive/offensive abilities Sentinels have to manage all while staying in melee range through the numerous roots and snares the game throws at them. It's easy to Charge a target and to your herp derp DPS rotation until something goes wrong. But playing the class optimally is probably the most difficult in game. Edited by CaptainInsano

Use macro-enabled keyboard or mouse, bind the proper attacks in priority, completely dominate.

Giving a class a ton of keys to bind and then making it super strong is not balance. That's like saying you're going to make a class be super strong, but a guy comes and hits you in the back of the head the whole time you play. It's not balanced, its just making one class better than the rest at the cost of being a pain in the *** to play as.

While I agree that sentinels/maros are the strongest pvp class right now and after the nerfs to some other classes (especially destroying the hybrid spec of sages/sorc) the gap will get even bigger, I disagree with sentinels/mawros being a easy class. I think it's one of the hardest classes to play and there is no class where the difference between good and bad players ist more visible.

But buffing sentinels/maros show how clueless Bioware ist about pvp

Edited by Scyrar

Got to say, I am loving it so far. And when I read the 1.2 notes, I new I was lucky by making the right choice. I'm not a complicated player and so I'm unsure about which skill tree to follow. Considering we got de-nerfed in 1.2, which tree is OP in PVP now?

I think youre looking to spec full Sheep. So the sheep tree.

Here's the bit all of you are missing..

Marauders in ANNIHILATION SPEC are getting NERFED because their FORCE CAMOUFLAGE no longer grants DAMAGE IMMUNITY. Every single Marauder worth a damn is ANNIHILATION SPEC right now.

Marauders in RAGE SPEC and CARNAGE SPEC are getting buffed because both of these specs are TERRIBLE. Carnage's major buff is actually due to the MOVING A TALENT from ANNIHILATION to CARNAGE. Rage's major buffs are likely due to PVE CONCERNS and I have no idea how powerful the spec will be in PVP so I'll hold off on any premature judgement.