When can you stun, knockback, CC a Mara?

BlissDivine

you cant stun a mara for 6 seconds after saber ward activation

every other force crush a fury mara uses grants 6 seconds of cc/snare immunity. its looks almost exactly like juggernaught enrage defence.

best way to desribe it.. looks like a red see through bubble around their torso

Edited by Seterade

Well thanks to Bioware' s ineptitude visual cues are a crap shoot because thanks to the lazy inept devs most visual cues get drowned out by other effects. For instance merc's heal shield which is yellow can be visually concealed if a sorc places a bubble on you, the purple drowns out the yellow, a operative places a healing globe on you the green drowns out the yellow and the merc' s very own blue dmg mitigation shield drowns out the yellow. Also seen this on jugs reflect which is kinda of a small red sparkly thing which can be really hard to see if other effects on placed on 'em. Leave it to Biofail to implement op classes Merc, jug, sniper etc etc however they quick to point out that they gave us tools to mitigate said OP'ness but said tools just don't work. Genius Dev's it's no wonder dam near every match has 3 jugs 3 mercs and 2 snipers in it!

you cant stun a mara for 6 seconds after saber ward activation

every other force crush a fury mara uses grants 6 seconds of cc/snare immunity. its looks almost exactly like juggernaught enrage defence.

best way to desribe it.. looks like a red see through bubble around their torso

Just to get the facts right: - CC immunity for 6 seconds every 30 sec (Gravity Vortex from Force Crush)....

You kinda don't seem to know anything about marauder it seems.

I agree with Kazz, better visual queues would certainly help. But most of them get drowned out by the massive amount of damage affects, so if you are in the middle of people, you can’t see them anyway.

Too much visual bling over shadows any visual cues at the moment. If you make the visual cues more predominant, the whole screen will be one big explosion of effects that you can’t see through. Blizzard ended up doing this as well, until they realised it made things worse. I’m not sure they ever fully fixed it or found a balance. I use to have to turn my effects right down in WoW or it would nearly blind me (especially on mage).

I’m all for better visual cues, but they would need to turn down some of the other effects or allow you to prioritise in the graphics, which ones you ones you want dominant.

Just to get the facts right: - CC immunity for 6 seconds every 30 sec (Gravity Vortex from Force Crush)....

You kinda don't seem to know anything about marauder it seems

lul.

force crush is a 15 second cd...... [EDIT: its 16 seconds. still fits]

every other force crush

https://ibb.co/ktF62e

Edited by Seterade

[ok I've had my morning coffee, and I'm going to explain this a little more rationaly]

I had a reason for giving the answer I did. here -> http://dulfy.net/2017/01/13/swtor-5-0-concentration-sentinel-pvp-guide-by-merovejec/ this is a sent guide, but basicaly force crush is force exhaustion.

from this, you can see gravity vortex (david try to be less toxic, I know I ask a lot) grant a cc immunity every 30 seconds after the use of force exhaust/force crush. force crush has a cooldown of 16 seconds. I provided this screenshot in an earlier post.

the reason I chose to specify "every other force crush" is because in pvp you will most likley not be counting to "30" waiting for the buff to come back. this OP specifly desired visual effects to see cc immunity. against any mara who knows what they are doing, GV/cc immunity will activate every other force crush. if they dont use force crush, 1)they dont get free energy raging burst, and 2) they dont dmg buff to RB. this is why knowing the timer is not as relevant as knowing when and how many times it will activate vs a dangous mara encounter.

I chose to tell him both the effect and how to see it coming/counter it. I chose not to include the timer because in pvp most of what you will do is memory and visual effect reactions. in pve timer is all welll and good. but pvp is not pve and requires different tactics. (other than memorizing dulfy guide passives)

Edited by Seterade