Returning Player (Which Faction?)

Respecsix

Hey all, I am returning to the game and just curious as to what faction seems to have the better population for PvP/Raids. I am open to playing any class but would just like to make sure I am able to find people to play with. Thanks again for your time.

In my experience (on Star Forge, Satele Shan and Darth Malgus), the Imp side tends to have a bit more population at whatever time you play, but there is not so much of a difference that I would say you have to go that way.

Queue times for PvP are not too bad, but not great usually, although if you start blocking all of the idiots and trolls you see on the PvP circuit, your queue pop times might get out of hand.

Ops-wise, there are still a few guilds actively raiding and challenging the end-game content, but because of the way you acquire BiS gear now (mostly mind-numbing runs through FPs until you puke or pluck your eyes out), the raids tend to be for the challenge of completing them or for conquest points now, so they are more relaxed but less frequent unless you join the right guild that actively runs the content with guild groups.

Operation frequency is based mostly on the guild(s) you join. Group Finder is not used much for forming pickup groups for them.

PvP is cross-faction now, so faction-specific population numbers don’t matter. Toxicity levels are higher in both ranked and unranked PvP. The ignore function now ignores the entire legacy of that player. However, the ignore function will not prevent that player from being in your PvP matches; it only filters out that player in your chat window.

If you’re interested in ranked PvP, being in a PvP-focused guild helps a lot; there’s nothing like running group ranked (in Dicsord) for fun and profit.