What are the ideal/optimal components for ships these days?

Loadsamonie

I mainly fly T1/T2 scouts but have been dabbling a bit in T2 Strike as of late, and I'm still trying to get my build right for each ship to maximize performance.

As it stands, here are my Scout loadouts:

T1 Nova Dive:

Primary: LLC (Crits, Shield Stripping)

Secondary: Pods (Ammo, Plasma)

Systems: Targeting Telemetry (Evasion, Magnitude)

Engine: Barrel Roll (Speed)

Shields: Distortion Field (Missile Lock Break)

Armor: Lightweight

Sensors: Dampening

Capacitor: Frequency

Thrusters: Speed

Co-Pilot: Akaavi Spar (Wingman)

Offensive: Kira Carsen

Defensive: Nadia Greel

Tactical: Akaavi Spar

Engineering: C2-N2

T2 Flashfire:

Primary: BLC (Shield Piercing, Shield Stripping, contemplating Firing Arc for this)

Secondary: Clusters (Ammo, Double Volley)

Engines: Retro (Turning)

Shields: Distortion Field (Missile Break)

Capacitor: Range

Reactor: Large

Thrusters: Turning

Offensive: Qyzen Fess

Basically the T1 is for jousting, quickly assaulting enemy satellites, chicken runs and deroosting/popping gunships, while the T2 scout is for dogfighting, defending and fighting on and around satellites, and I swap accordingly.

Can I do any better than this for these two loadouts? I should note that I have the CC and am strongly considering buying the cartel ship and replacing Novadive (well...IF buying it means every character gets it, not just the one I buy it for), going for a Quads/Pods setup instead, if that would outperform Lights/Pods on Novadive (it would mean Retros at least).

Edited by Loadsamonie

T2 Flashfire:

Primary: BLC (Shield Piercing, Shield Stripping, contemplating Firing Arc for this)

Secondary: Clusters (Ammo, Double Volley)

Engines: Retro (Turning)

Shields: Distortion Field (Missile Break)

Capacitor: Range

Reactor: Large

Thrusters: Turning

Offensive: Qyzen Fess

I prefer the T2 Flashfire to fly when the match is mostly without gunships.

However, I do think it might be better to switch from the BLC to the Rapid-fire Laser Cannon. The latter is better on all stats apart from range. There it is the same as the BLC. As for the rest, I think it's mostly personal preference. As for systems, I tend to use Blaster Overcharge. With that active, most ships don't last long, especially gunships.

Well speaking of blasters, I'm still trying to figure out the key differences between Laser Cannons and Quad Laser Cannons. They both seem to have relatively similar stats, so I'm wondering if I can pair LC's with Pods on the T1 and still have it be an effective jouster compared to a T2 with Quads/Pods. Edited by Loadsamonie

I run Laser Cannons in my TT+Pods T1 scouts. I don't like the range disparity between cannons and pods for the other choices.

I also run Damage Capacitor most of the time these days for that build. You start to get the benefit on the first shot, where with Frequency you have to wait for enough time to elapse for an "extra" shot to land before you get any benefit at all. Range lets you fire your first shot sooner, and offers a tiny amount of extra time to shoot, but damage gains are trivial in a pods build.

Laser Cannons and Quads are similar enough that most pilots consider them effectively interchangeable as far as TT + Pods builds go.

T2 scout build looks fine to me.

I'm gong to experiment with Plasma Warheads on Clusters for a bit. One problem I feel I consistently have against Strike Fighters is overcoming their shield regen, and the damage over time might slow it down a bit, at least long enough for me to line up another burst or cluster.

Ammo also tends to be a problem when running Double Volley, particularly in Domination matches where we lack a Bomber (or at least one that has Ammo Refill on their Repair Probes).

Edited by Loadsamonie