Star Wars Rebels Trailer Released

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the longest piece of footage we've soon so far.

I think the art style is growing on me, I still prefer TCW animation but these has its own character.

Thoughts?

Honestly... I hopes its as AWESOME as this looks. I like the art style and it to me looks like it has potential for both very dark and forboding moments as well as awesome action adventure and some good light hearted character humor moments to, in other words, if the trailer is to believed, a show worthy of the title Star Wars. Very high possibility I will enjoy this more then i enjoyed Clone wars.

Edit: though I think season 5 of Clone Wars is easily the best, and its not because it "dark" or anything, but because it has far more character development and a greater sense of continuety and growth.

Edited by tunewalker

I hope you all realize that this show s#!ts all over starkiller, you know, epic jedi who pulled star destroyers out of the sky. The guy who personally defeated the emperor and inspired the rebellion. The guy who's family crest is on every rebel fighter. Yeah this show will be great (sarcastic).

I hope you all realize that this show s#!ts all over starkiller, you know, epic jedi who pulled star destroyers out of the sky. The guy who personally defeated the emperor and inspired the rebellion. The guy who's family crest is on every rebel fighter. Yeah this show will be great (sarcastic).

1. He wasn't epic, he's quite mediocre really.

2. He never pulled a Star Destroyer from the sky, he just moved it slightly(gravity would also be helping in that instance, the Star Destroyer was already falling) and nearly killed himself doing it.

3. He never fought the Emperor.

The show will be better and will actually flesh out the early days of the Rebellion moreso than TFU ever did.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Nope.

**** it, I hate the show already.

Stromtroopers = New B1's, that one stuck his face up to a thermal detonator.

But the last line was cool :p

I was going to point that out too. Very disappointing.

I was going to point that out too. Very disappointing.

I don't think we're getting the full picture in that scene. The explosion that followed appeared to be blowing up a TIE fighter, not a building, so it may well be two different scenes. However, having stormtroopers being competent soldiers is less likely than Kallus and the Inquisitor being the true threats.

Well, they managed to make something uglier than Clone Wars. :(

I know this is a cartoon for children, but still, I expected a bit more.

I hope the movies will be darker and more aimed towards adults who love the Star Wars franchise since they were kids.

I hope the movies will be darker and more aimed towards adults who love the Star Wars franchise since they were kids.

Star Wars was always aimed towards kids, why would they aim it towards adults?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I HOPE you understand that Starkiller and The Force Unleash was always, from the very beginning, not considered canon, at all? And in fact was explicitly labeled non-canon?

I personally think it's an improvement over the Clone Wars style. The storm troopers bother me, but that's about it. My greatest hope is that they ditch the cheesy music used for TCW's opening/closing segments.

I HOPE you understand that Starkiller and The Force Unleash was always, from the very beginning, not considered canon, at all? And in fact was explicitly labeled non-canon?

Yes well said

The trailer was interesting; I will give it a try.

Although I have to admit that all I could think about when seeing the Jedi (sorry, I forget his name) is how similar he was to Kyle Katarn. Shoulder piece on 1 arm - check! Blaster on hip along with lightsaber - check! Beard - check! Casual clothes instead of Jedi robe - check! I'm a huge Katarn fan so that irked me slightly. :p

Like I said, however, I will check it out. :)

The trailer was interesting; I will give it a try.

Although I have to admit that all I could think about when seeing the Jedi (sorry, I forget his name) is how similar he was to Kyle Katarn. Shoulder piece on 1 arm - check! Blaster on hip along with lightsaber - check! Beard - check! Casual clothes instead of Jedi robe - check! I'm a huge Katarn fan so that irked me slightly. :p

Like I said, however, I will check it out. :)

Awesome, you can also see the hidden lightsaber also very cool.

wont miss it too

It's not? Star Wars has always been towards kids/general audience, I don't see why they would aim it at specifically for adults.

Now it's different, you didn't say general audience before, it's two very different things.