Group Finder should include recommended gear level

Last night, had a tank pop in LI HM with 13k hp (had tionese + sub 50 greens in other slots). The guy didn't have a clue that he was undergeared before he was told. I noticed quite a few times like this that well meaning but newer players will show up undergeared.

It would be really helpful for dps players (who would be either be stranded for a 10min wait inside the fp or a 40min wait if they leave) if a recommended gear level was included in the finder (like how ship missions have a gear level suggestion).

Groupfinder should block players without a specific gearlevel from entering harder instances.

Simple enough, if you can´t contribute to the team you should not be there.

A dps that keeps dying with 13K HP in a operation does not do anything else then takes healing from the tank and so on, basic logic.

If I recall correctly, they do if you mouse over them, it was added recently.

However, that doesn't mean people are going to read them.

I think he is referring to physical restrictions where you would not be allowed in the FP unless you had a specific average based on Spec. I think that players should be valued on Skill versus Gear, because I have seen Tionese Geared players do things that Rakata/Black Hole players could not.

• Dev Post
We did recently add recommended gear levels to Group Finder content to give players a better idea of where they should be before attempting the content (as some others have mentioned). We do appreciate your feedback on this feature and we'll be continuing to watch it!

I think he is referring to physical restrictions where you would not be allowed in the FP unless you had a specific average based on Spec. I think that players should be valued on Skill versus Gear, because I have seen Tionese Geared players do things that Rakata/Black Hole players could not.

Gear checks won't block idiots, but especially in harder content (which is currently not available through group finder) you just have to be able to put out a certain amount of dps. Also, since Tionese is free at level 50 now, it stands to reason that SM ops and maybe HM flashpoints would require you to go and buy at least a few pieces, or otherwise make sure your gear is up to date.

The toughness of LI is overrated though as its more of a co-ordination check than a gear one and from that point I don't see a recommended gear level helping matters other than from a over gearing perspective.

Just recently did a 3-man LI run though sadly we couldn't quite kill Lorrick (got him to 4-6% on three occasions) due to my mediocre dps falling just short. The group composition for clearing up to Lorrick and almost getting him was as follows.

Tank: Powertech - 4pc Columi, the rest a mixture of recruit and tionese. No Augments.

Healer: Mercanery - War Hero and Tionese mix. Augmented.

Dps: Jugg Vengeance - 2pc Columi, Rest mostly Battlemaster with a Champion piece thrown in. Also ran with 3 tanking pieces being both implants and Relic. No Augments.

I was the dps Jugg in this run, the reason for the weird gear is the char hadn't been used since 1.2 at which point I was just switching from tank to dps. Hence the use of tank pieces (had nothing else) and Battlemaster gear, plus that lovely bit of Champion thrown in.

Most of the time these places can be done if people co-ordinate and co-operate. I'm not saying people don't go into places under prepared but its from a often tactical fight perspective rather than that of a gear one imo.

Edited by Dassem

We did recently add recommended gear levels to Group Finder content to give players a better idea of where they should be before attempting the content (as some others have mentioned). We do appreciate your feedback on this feature and we'll be continuing to watch it!

Except trying to find where it says it is a cryptic clue in itself.

I had to have someone on the forums tell me about it, surely that information should be clearly visible instead of being a popup where you have to hold your mouse over as certain point just to get it?

When using the Flashpoint and Operation finder there should be a Flat out min gear level requirement to queue for it. Let's take Lost Island Hard-mode Flashpoint for example With new update to 1.5 at level 50 characters get 99 Tionese Commendations they can use to equipped Tionese gear level 126. I have seen players Queue for Lost Island Hard-mode and not even have 1 Piece of Tionese gear equipped there highest gear level was 116. (“I have seen this more than once.”) Since Lost Island Hard mode is at the top of the hardest Flashpoints to run I would suggest that 1/2 of the gear needs to be Columi gear or better to queue for it. Granted that means a live gear level meter needs to be installed at the character sheet but I think that would be a good thing to have for the game. However if players want to group up and run a flashpoint or Operation and not use the Flashpoint finder then there should be a recommended gear level at that point for the players. . Note: There is that no one reads but it is in the mission log it reads: {(Hard Mode) this mission is for a well-equipped group of four players.} If you like what you read please copy and paste it to SWTOR customer service. Edited by Masterjoruus
error

When using the Flashpoint and Operation finder there should be a Flat out min gear level requirement to queue for it. Let's take Lost Island Hard-mode Flashpoint for example With new update to 1.5 at level 50 characters get 99 Tionese Commendations they can use to equipped Tionese gear level 126. I have seen players Queue for Lost Island Hard-mode and not even have 1 Piece of Tionese gear equipped there highest gear level was 116. (“I have seen this more than once.”) Since Lost Island Hard mode is at the top of the hardest Flashpoints to run I would suggest that 1/2 of the gear needs to be Columi gear or better to queue for it. Granted that means a live gear level meter needs to be installed at the character sheet but I think that would be a good thing to have for the game. However if players want to group up and run a flashpoint or Operation and not use the Flashpoint finder then there should be a recommended gear level at that point for the players. . Note: There is that no one reads but it is in the mission log it reads: {(Hard Mode) this mission is for a well-equipped group of four players.} If you like what you read please copy and paste it to SWTOR customer service.

I have also seen an influx of people queuing for LI HM for the weekly but not even wearing the free set of Tionese gear. After asking why they are almost always F2P people who can't wear purple armor. The rest usually dinged level 50 only shortly before and didn't know about the free gear.