Mk-4 Prefabs

BlueWanderer

Yay, they added another level of prefabs we can make and buy new stuff with.

Mk-1 takes grade 2-3 mats.

Mk--2 takes grade 4-5 mats.

Mk--3 takes grade 6-7 mats.

so, of course, the new one would take grade 8-9 mats, right?

Why no... it takes 9-10 mats, grade 8 mats are just skipped... why is that?

My question exactly! The purpose of prefabs was to give us something to do with all the mats we used to need for crafting but are now obsolete. I have stacks of *thousands* of grade 8 mats just waiting to be combined with thousands of grade 9s I also no longer need for gear. Why skip grade 8s, and why require grade 10s that actually still have a profitable use in high-end gear crafting? Both of those are just mean.

While I do agree that they should not have skipped grade 8, and yes one of the rationales behind the system was for us to utilize older materials, strongholds and prefabs schematics came out when grade 7 (after RotHC but before SOR) was the top of the line; so there is precedent for prefabs requiring the use of top end materials. Heck, when it launched they "skipped" (as in did not include at all) grade 1 mats.

Where can you exchange the MK4? The droids on my fortress only trade up to MK-3. Also on the fleet is nothing to find.

Is there any decoration for it? :confused:

There is a new droid on fleet (and a new decoration for that droid [Fabrication Droid (Martial)] that you can drop in your stronghold). It's named Martial Decoration Droid and is with the other droids (Industrial, Synthetic, Universal) in the Stronghold section on fleet.

It exchanges the Universal Prefabs MK-1 to MK-4 for decorations. There doesn't seem to be a use for the other Prefab MK-4s other than to make the Universal Prefab MK-4

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya