Signal Disruptor

Buellzebubba

Been offline for a good while, and now that I'm back, I have been unable to find any signal disruptors when I gather rich and bountiful yields of Slicing. All I ever get now is the nominal level 10 item. Has anything changed or am I just getting unlucky?

How do you get companions to level 50? My highest ones are in the 20's. Do I need to go on a gift buying binge?

you can do that or buy an item from a vendor if you get your conquest goal and have four and a quarter million credits and i think 3 dark projects that will raise an active companion to 50 instantly

Given that the most efficient gifts are grade 5 purples, and those cost 10K a pop, depending on what your highest companions' influence levels are (my powertech has a 31 Blizz and Torian), getting them to 50 can easily cost a few million. Every five (or for some plateaus, ten) influence levels, the amount of influence gained from a grade 5 purple gift decreases by 133 (and 1/3, I think, not 100% sure-- the fraction is rounded down until it becomes three thirds, making a whole extra point). Grade 5 blue gifts, half that amount, since they gift half as much at each plateau as purples. The Grade six "gold" gifts raise influence by approximately three times as much, but cost a whopping twenty-five times as much-- making them uneconomical to buy; you have to open Alliance supply crates and/or Command crates and cross your fingers hoping you get a few here and there.

Given that you need four Dark Projects as well, however, and if you're short on the refined isotope stabilizers, buying them on the GTN can easily cost a couple of more million-- well, everyone has to figure out for themselves, which route (just buying all gifts, or the command compendium on the fleet) works best for them. Even the Iokath recombinators can add up unless you grind a lot of Iokath dailies, where (I THINK, don't quote me on this) you can buy the recombinators for Iokath power shards.

If you go the gift route-- buy the gifts directly from the fleet vendor. Do NOT buy them from the GTN UNLESS you can find any blue gifts costing less than 5k a pop, or purple gifts costing less than 10k a pop. Those are the prices the vendor charges.

Edited by HollyUSEC