Augment crafting.

Raansu

So to preface, I haven't played in quite awhile. These new superior augments are all new to me. With that said, I've been trying to do some research on the crafting and I'm being flipped upside down by standard advanced augments for mastery stats are done by armormech, but then the superior ones suddenly are crafted by armstech? And it seems they require raiding to even get the mats.

Should I just stick to gathering skills and forgo crafting? Or just do synth while leveling my sentinel?

So to preface, I haven't played in quite awhile. These new superior augments are all new to me. With that said, I've been trying to do some research on the crafting and I'm being flipped upside down by standard advanced augments for mastery stats are done by armormech, but then the superior ones suddenly are crafted by armstech? And it seems they require raiding to even get the mats.

Should I just stick to gathering skills and forgo crafting? Or just do synth while leveling my sentinel?

First off, in general, forget about the 240-rated augments because they don't add enough compared to the 236s to justify the increased price in materials.

The materials are mostly "ordinary", except for:Charged Matter Transubstantiators (CMTs) and Encrypted Memory Cores (EMCs). I don't remember which way round they are, but one of them drops from ranked PvP and the other from Master Mode operations bosses.

BUT

(And that's a *big* "but"...) (Sorry)

They also both drop from Command Crates on a rare-ish chance. And people sell them for ... painful prices on the GTN.

EDIT: and for most things, 228-purple augments are more than enough.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

CMTs are from ranked pvp and pretty much the reason the are so expensive. Unless you find an actual paper that also crafts. :)

They also switched everything around because the augments have 3 stats now and I believe (not 100% sure) because power is the third stat they removed overkill augments. Now the augments fall more inline of enhancements.

Edited by Ld-Siris

CMTs are from ranked pvp and pretty much the reason the are so expensive. Unless you find an actual paper that also crafts. :)

They also switched everything around because the augments have 3 stats now and I believe (not 100% sure) because power is the third stat they removed overkill augments. Now the augments fall more inline of enhancements.

They removed both the Overkill and Fortitude augments because DPS/Heals augments (crit, alacrity, verastile (mastery), accuracy) get power and tank augments (shield, absorb, redoubt [defense]) get endurance. Not sure how long the OP has been gone but they removed the "Presence" [companion stat buff] ]augment a long time ago (I want to say back when 4.0 launched; when they reworked the crafting system overall).

• 1 month later...