Most Profitable Crafting skill? (Tried searching)

Lucronik

Hello! I'm relatively new to SWTOR and currently leveling up Artifice, Archaeology, and (I think) treasure hunting. Admittedly artifice feels like a dead end, I can't seem to find any worthwhile schematics through google search. I'll keep leveling it for the sole fact of for now I enjoy, though I'd like to level something that can flip a bit of a profit.

That being said, I don't want to do, I think it was cybertech for all the mods? My friend is doing that and already has it maxed out,

TLDR

What's the most profitable crafting skill besides cybertech? Is artifice profitable?

How did you try searching when topic above yours is about Artifice?

All crafting skills have potential. Artifice, Cybertech and Biochem have diversity. Armor and Synth have fashion diversity. Armstech, well, it mostly depends on accuracy augs and barrels, but I might be wrong.

The point is, if you have one toon, and by your post I'd say you do, go play a game a bit more before you go into crafting. And learn to search better :)

Edited by Vercundus

I use all of them. They all have importance.

The market is also very fickle in this game. What sells tons one week will do nothing the next week.

If you stick with a single crafting skill and you hit one of those down times, you'll be out of luck.

All are viable, it depends on what kind of crafting you want to do and how many characters you have.

I have all the skills several times over, most of them maxxed. - But I prefer to make augments and kits with Armstech and dyes and hilts and crystals and relics with Artifice. - And those 2 characters have about 300 million between them.

OTOH I could make a slow steady profit making desirable outfits with Synth and Armormech. - But I find the market a bit fickle.

The only one I've not made huge profits on is Slicing. - True that every node is free money, and every mission could turn up valuable mats... but farming isn't really my thing and you can make easy money zipping round the dailies and heroics if you want something more entertaining.

But I also find that the farmers and gatherers make mats to pass to the crafters, but I rarely pass any profits back to the supplying characters, so there are a few in my legacy who are stupid rich and the rest are comfortable with a few million each as working capital.

Experiment a bit, but don't over-extend by making tons of stuff you can't sell and find something that gives a good ratio of time vs reward. - And if you can resist the urge to spend credits on shiny things, you'll soon have many millions stashed away.

GL.

• 1 year later...
Artiface is the most profitable a simple red crystal can be sold on the gtn for 145 thousand credits and even rarer ones can go for millions but that's just my opinion hope it was helpfull

While you are correct, check the date of the thread...last post was over a year ago.

• 5 months later...
Artifice seems easy and straightforward. You can churn out crystals and they sell consistently. Synthweaving seems more profitable, but is more hit or miss. You have to find the right garbs that people want and that aren't being sold really cheap by other Synths on your server. So there are bigger profit margins, but it takes more manual work.

I like to look at this problem from a different point of view - What are the biggest money sinks for me personally: augment, kits, stims, adrenals, medical kits.

So in this regard, you have 3 professions that craft augments (although I think Synthweaving ones are the best) or Biochem for reusable stims etc and to sell stims etc on GTN. You cannot go wrong with either of these.

If your goal is to make money, then i can also suggest not having a crafting skill, but instead use 3 gathering one.

First you can have rich yield missions from all companions.

And you can gather almost everything from field while questing.

Last but not least you can get pass a lot of stuff in FPs. Right now one my characters uses archeology, slicing, scavenging. Feels like WoW gathering all the tons of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
If your goal is to make money, then i can also suggest not having a crafting skill, but instead use 3 gathering one.

First you can have rich yield missions from all companions.

And you can gather almost everything from field while questing.

Last but not least you can get pass a lot of stuff in FPs. Right now one my characters uses archeology, slicing, scavenging. Feels like WoW gathering all the tons of stuff.

Going to ask a question, since I haven't been around since 2013. Since when can you grab three skills? Back in the day, you got one crafting and only one gathering skill. Or, amI missing that wrong?

You can select 3 gathering and not select a crafting one. If you have a lot of time on your hands then gathering might get you some minor income. If you want serious income then you need to find a niche in one of the crafting realms. Gather pales in potential to crafting in terms of high return. It was pretty easy to make billion with crafting. You do the math on how long selling gathered items at 1,000 to 3,000 credits would take to get you to 1 billion credits.

Going to ask a question, since I haven't been around since 2013. Since when can you grab three skills? Back in the day, you got one crafting and only one gathering skill. Or, amI missing that wrong?

Was missing for a while too so i can't tell, but when i returned in 2018 winter, then it was already 3 crew skill.