Grade-planet list?

Kytea

Direct answer: Not that I know of... however...

Typically we can do some math. We have 14 planets each faction can visit, I'll say 13 cause there's 2 starter planets of the same mob level.

Over 400 points, I've noticed that the first planet goes up to 50 skill level stuff, second goes to 90, third is 50-90, fourth is mainly 90 and some 130, then 130-170 and so on. My numbers may be slightly off, but you can figure the rest out using these ranges right up to 400.

Best guess I've found is to

1. Look at the level of the schematic you want to craft
  2. Note the materials you will need to craft it
  3. Check your galaxy map for the planet of appropriate level

As a scavenger, I've noticed that there is usually one area per planet you can "farm" ... one place where the nodes for your skill are concentrated enough that you can develop a "circuit" and go in a circle harvesting. If the circuit is big enough, by the time you get back to the start your nodes will be respawning.

There are videos out there on YouTube showing some example circuits. I've recorded a few myself ... just haven't edited them and posted them yet ... soon, soon ... (time to get off my a**).

As for your blue and purple mats, something not quite so obvious is that the "tier" or "class" of the material is the "level" of the mission, in case you haven't noticed. Check the popup for mission level -- six different levels, six classes of materials.

Cant remeember what post I copied this from... but had it saved in a word document:

Grade Levels

Grade 1 - Levels 10-16 - Coruscant, Dromund Kaas

Grade 2 - Levels 17-24 - Balmorra (Empire), Nar Shaddaa, Taris (Republic)

Grade 3 - Levels 25-32 - Alderaan, Tatooine

Grade 4 - Levels 33-40 - Balmorra (Republic), Hoth, Quesh, Taris (Empire)

Grade 5 - Levels 41-48 - Belsavis, Voss

Grade 6 - Levels 49-50 - Corellia, Ilum

Cant remeember what post I copied this from... but had it saved in a word document:

Grade Levels

Thanks for the useful list. I've often wondered, but have been too busy crafting to think about going back and gathering mats from the source. I typically send my crew out for the desired grade that's needed, but those missions start adding up and really bite into the old profit margin.

Lets make a list. Right here. Someone can compile it all as we go.

Here is my contribution, specifically the best place in the game for:

REPUBLIC GRADE 1 ARCHEOLOGY MATS - Jedi Temple Ruins

GO !

I tried out Corellia and Ilum for grade 6 mats but the power crystals were usually Daimind (sp?) instead of Upari, Belsavis maybe instead?

Ror

• 4 years later...

Grade Levels

So helpful, been looking for this kind of map for a while! Thanks for posting it!

Grade Levels

This pretty close, but not perfect. The short of it is that after grade 1, the initial areas of a given planet start with the previous grade. IOW when you go to Balmorra or Taris you will find grade 1 materials to start with and it will shift to a mix, and by the end it will be all grade 2.

Furthermore, Not all materials nodes are readily found on all planets. For example, On DK arch materials are all over the place, while Coruscant is more BA heavy.

• 2 years later...
I think its safe to say (also just ran around on planet) Makeb is definitely Grade 7

Grade 7 level 50-55 Makeb

The list on the first page is so grotesquely out of date it isn't even funny. It was published in 2012...

And yes, I'd expect Grade 7 on Makeb, 8 on Rishi / Yavin / Ziost, 9 on Zakuul / Darvannis(1), and 10 on Iokath and after.

(1) The visitable portion of the planet where KotFE Chapter XIV happens. Only related by name with anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep an updated list, I think it is accurate.

Grade 1 Coruscant (Pub), Dromund Kaas (Imp)

Grade 2 Taris (Pub), Balmorra (Imp), Nar Shaddaa (Both)

Grade 3 Alderaan, Tatooine

Grade 4 Balmorra (Pub), Taris (Imp), Hoth (Both), Quesh (Both)

Grade 5 Belsavis, Voss

Grade 6 Corellia, Illum

Grade 7 CZ-198, Makeb, Oricon

Grade 8 Rishi, Yavin, Ziost

Grade 9 Darvaniss, Zakuul

Grade 10 Iokath

I keep an updated list, I think it is accurate.

Grade 1 Coruscant (Pub), Dromund Kaas (Imp)

Grade 2 Taris (Pub), Balmorra (Imp), Nar Shaddaa (Both)

Grade 3 Alderaan, Tatooine

Grade 4 Balmorra (Pub), Taris (Imp), Hoth (Both), Quesh (Both)

Grade 5 Belsavis, Voss

Grade 6 Corellia, Illum

Grade 7 CZ-198, Makeb, Oricon

Grade 8 Rishi, Yavin, Ziost

Grade 9 Darvaniss, Zakuul

Grade 10 Iokath

^ this is correct for the materials as they are in 5.x cycle.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid this was very well done for when it was made, however it is no longer valid. BW did some changes around one of the expansion (they got rid of some mats). In 2018 that list is not accurate any longer. Some of the mats listed don't even exist anymore, not to mention it stops at Grade 6, and we now have 10 grades of mats.

Edited by Toraak

• 1 year later...

Grade Levels

Thanks! This all we really wanted, not all this other stuff and explanations~ Thanks again for posting~

Thanks! This all we really wanted, not all this other stuff and explanations~ Thanks again for posting~

Except that the list you cited is catastrophically out of date (posted in 2012 ffs), and it is now *also* desperately incomplete, since there are five other grades that it doesn't mention.

Except that the list you cited is catastrophically out of date (posted in 2012 ffs), and it is now *also* desperately incomplete, since there are five other grades that it doesn't mention.

True but those are all expansion related:

Grade 7 -- Levels 51-55 -- Rise of the Hutt Cartel including Makeb

Grade 8 -- Levels 56-60 -- Shadow of Revan including Rishi and Yavin 4

Grade 9 -- Levels 61-65 -- KOTFE including Zakuul and Darvannis

Grade 10 -- Levels 66-70 -- KOTET including Iokath, Ossus, Dantooine during Pirate Incursion event, Umbara, and Nathema (I don't think there are harvesting nodes on Copero but I could be wrong)

Grade 11 -- Levels 71-75 -- Onslaught including Onderon and Mek Sha

Edited by phalczen

I don't recall *looking* for nodes on Copero, but there *are* heavy droids that *should* be harvestable.

I excluded all that, since I would wager that the nodes are separate from the mobs. Then again, when Dantooine is at peace it has grade 6 nodes and when the event is active it has grade 10 nodes. Arguably I could have left out Umbara and Nathema since you can't actually go and visit them with your personal class starship, and run around harvesting things, but they are unique in that unlike any other flashpoint they actually have nodes. Presumably this was because there were no grade 10 materials until the fully explorable Iokath came out with 5.2, so the devs decided to add more locations to harvest, until they added Ossus. Which reminds me, I have to add Ossus and Dantooine to my list.