Insane Credit Profit off Crafting?

Radvaun

I've not been able to find a straight,proper answer to this from anyone. What are some good items i should invest in crafting to sell on the GTN for credit payoff? I used treasure hunting and can a little bit of profit off of lockbox contents with vendors but its only like a thousand or two each item for 15 minutes. Suggestions?

The only way to make "insane" profits (in percentage terms) is to gather Scavening, Bioanalysis, and Slicing resources in the field, especially Slicing. (Slicing lockboxes contain *credits*, not items.) Then sell any materials you find on the GTN.

Do this as you go about your other business (see a node on the minimap? Gather it!), and because it costs *zero* credits to gather, the profit is total. Be warned that if you do this to earn credits, you will probably die of boredom.

To make insane profits (in credits per hour terms), I don't know what's best. Look for posts by a user called "psandak" and follow the links in his signature.

In general, though, the most profitable (in credits per hour) activities are probably Heroic H2+ missions, not crafting, which give credits directly.

As a function of percentage, the lower the rating the higher the profit. Example:

A crafted 246 item can generate anywhere from 1.2 million to 1.5 million credits, but the materials to craft said 246 item are generally valued at 800k to 1 million; it is the exotic materials that cost the most in either time or credits to acquire. If you are LUCKY, you double your money.

On the other hand, an artifice crafted blue color crystal uses grade 1 materials is valued at the low end for 30k, but it only costs 2k to make (that's running missions for all materials). Without trying very hard you make 1450% on your investment...at the low end. None of the "standard color" crystals cost more than 20k to craft, yet often sell for 80k to 100k. Even if they "only sell" for 40k, you've still doubled your investment.

To me, the insane profit is color crystals.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually with Artifice mats i got 500k in 2 days by only picking up mats where i go not even made an effort of it. You sell 10 rubat crystals(grade 1 that means you dont need to level your artifice at all) sells for 10k and when you pick up you pick them usually 6-7 easiest money in the game.

If you are serious about wanting insane credit profit, you should consider picking up armstech/synthweaving/armormech instead and craft 236 augments. I could elaborate on this if you want, but that's not artifice-related and offtopic so i'll refrain for now

I'd say artifice was my best money-maker. Dyes and hilts and crystals.

And MK-10 augments and the slot components.

-Tho' I never tried very hard, just log on, queue up jobs, relog later to sell.

I made 100s of millions casually crafting, but OTOH cashed in some sub reward and referral link CCs to buy loot boxes and sold off the contents and made >100M in a couple of weeks, just re-listing stuff until it sold while I did other things in game.

There comes a point where there's nothing much worth buying. As soon as you hit that point, the credits are pretty much meaningless.

It'd be nice to see my name on crafted stuff used by other players. I just hope some of it is still around, since you can't always tell unless its an armour piece.

Anything that crits, Augmentation Kits, Augments, Item Modifications like Mods, Enhancements and Color Crystals are some of my favourites which provide 4-5 few million per day with little effort. If you have time to farm materials yourself as well the profit per day can be up to 10mil at least if people are buying (which they normally after double experiance events which we had recently).

naturally, nobody will give you the best and easiest ideas cause that you make you and others do it as well which would increase supply and lower profits, so if you really want the best markets you actually gotta try to find them yourself. If you are happy with smaller profits like ~5, you can use the advise posted above.