Gods from the machine story mode bug

corandax

A couple of days ago i grouped with some friends to run Gods from the machine story mode.

We formed the group on the pubside-fleet. One of us went to iokath and summoned us via flagship. I got the port went for it…aaand left the group when I arrived – except I didn’t left the group. The game decided otherwise.

On top of it my mates couldn’t invite me back in the group. For them I was an enemy. For me they weren’t.

I tried to change the instance – nothing changed

I tried to go back to the fleet – nothing changed

I tried to switch to another alt – nothing changed

I had no open missions on iokath with these two characters and did the dailies and weekly like a hundred times (max rep on both factions)

With one them i defeated Tyth way back when he was the only boss in it.

The same day we ran Tobboro and Dread Fortress with no problems at all.

DISCLAIMER/CAVEAT: What I'm about to describe applies *only* on Iokath.

On Iokath, the various members of the group must be supporting the same side (Imp/Pub). Go to the big terminal in the middle of the Alliance base (at the end of the short corridor where you first meet Lana in the WoI story) and choose the same side as your guildies.

DISCLAIMER/CAVEAT: The above description applies *only* on Iokath.

If you're not doing Gods via GF, at least someone has to have done Iokath through story to get there, and if any one of those people are a "traitor" to their faction, they can't be added to the group until they switch. If they haven't used the deployment console whatsoever during their time there it shouldn't bug the group, unless the game flags an Imp joining Malcolm over Acina as a traitor until they assign troops to their own side with the console.

That's the big problem though, if you used the console to switch sides once and then did every mission associated with Iokath, you still would run into this bug unless you "redeployed" back to home side at a later time. Might as well have some chat app ready to remind the ousted player to redeploy troops if they unexpectedly disappear from group.

Though, I still can't believe this wasn't a big wake up call to make operation forming more worldwide rather than faction-specific, or make certain areas FFA for group forming for Ops and other groups that need more than 4 players, with it only becoming restricted to your own faction if you're in a PvP instance and trying to hate the other side. It's already been done for a while with PvP queues, at the very least it could be done for PvE queues as well.

Edited by MagicTerror