Am I the only one that used Jorgen all the way through?

blanketz

Seems like everyone talks about Dorne or even the robot instead of Jorgan. Did I screw myself through 36 levels so far?

Elara allows you to be lazy and make mistakes, and a lot of them. I remember going against same level champion mobs, who would be unable to outdamage Elara's healing.

That level of laziness.

That's why I switched to Aric on Belsavis and didn't regret it for a second, we blasted through the rest of the game without any incidents. Elite guards at the end of chapter 3 were no problem either.

Today I tried Elara again for a while, while doing dailies on Illum and it was a miserable experience. She could keep up my HP, but I had to kill everything myself and my kill time basically doubled. While Aric could be relied on to mop up trash that escaped my AoE or even take down a strong mob on his own in relatively short time...

I WANTED to like the robot so much. He is so cool.

But even with me as a healer, Aric seems like the better companion. I geared the robot some, but something wasn't right.

Aric has mad gunner skills. I am healer spec--he is DPS, but also wears heavy armor. When it comes down to it I can throw him heals and count on him to inflict a lot of damage in the attrition battle.

Aric is one of (if not the) best dps companion in the game.

Like others have said, Dorne is easy/lazy mode

4X is safe mode if you're a commando

Jorgan is quick/turbo killing mode

Take your pick, they're all good enough to get you to 50

As far as personality goes, 4x is hillarious, Dorne has bo0bies and Jorgan is the classic tough soldier.

I duo a lot of flashpoints with my wife and i can tell you I've been using all 3 in different situations.

Edited by dargor-

Seems like everyone talks about Dorne or even the robot instead of Jorgan. Did I screw myself through 36 levels so far?

Not at all. Sgt. Catboy and me have been in it together since the day I got him, and no intentions on going back. It's fun having a partner you learn to manage aggro with by trading back and forth, and as a Vanguard I appreciate the punch he delivers when I'm kiting targets around.

Bros for life. Dorne's a good medic, but I'm shooting people here.

Aric isnt my only companion? Might as well be, never pulled out a different one. I was gunnery lvling up too. Elite mobs were always an annoying challenge, jorgan died many many times. I regret nothing

You gotta learn to use your Neural Jolt with Aric. When he starts getting low, taunt the elite off him and start kiting it around and breaking LOS, throwing in the odd grenade/inc. round/ion pulse. He'll continue to wreck it while you keep it too angry to notice the bites that assault cannon keeps chewing from it's health, and you can jolt it again if the elite turns around as many times as needed. It's nice with Aric to see some big named mob that'll drop oranges and go "Hey, it's dinner time!".

I switch between Elara and Aric. The robot I think sucks. For some reason he seems squishier and not as good at dps'ing then Aric so not sure what the point of him is besides him looking cool.

4X is tougher for most people to gear up than Aric- who can take a lot of hand-me-downs and hence usually gets better kit.

Properly kitted (which generally means "Hope you know a Cybertech"), he makes a decent tank. Remember he's a Vanguard and stat him accordingly, mods included.

I used Jorgan through Level 44, at which point I hit 10,000 affection with him. After that, I switched to Yuun. I'm a shield-spec Vanguard, so rolling with a DPS companion really makes things go faster.

When facing challenging Elites, I swap out for Dorne and just grind them down.

I've used Aric as a companion until I got to Dorne. I was never successful in defeating Tavus with Aric until I switched to Dorne (for healing reasons). I do agree that Dorne does more healing than shooting the enemies though. :)

Which companion to use really depends upon whether you are a heal, tank, or DPS specced trooper and what you are fighting at the time. If you are not swapping companions in and out based on what role you need filled at that moment then you are making the leveling process harder & longer than it needs to be.

Jorgen is awesome. I use Dorne every now and then, but the double dps Jorgen and I can dish out while in Heavy Armor is nothing to sneeze at. Sure, heals are great to have, but some fights can be sooooooo slow. Even with the time it takes to rest up after a fight, teaming up with Jorgen can be a lot faster if you're up for the challenge.

I have more playing with Aric than almost any other companion (other class companions included). I spec heals on most my characters and I actually prefer grouping with a DPS companion over a tank for most fights. I just find it more challenging and fun. I keep Andronikos out on my inquisitor as well over Khem Val. Plust I find Aric's commentary amusing.

I really wish aric had a customization kit that turned him into 4x. I am not a cat person.

I even grabbed the snoopy helmet from Quesh and put it on him just to try to pretend he was always back at the ship imagining it was a Sopwith Camel and muttering about the Red Baron.

(sopwith camels are biplanes from world war I, and snoopy would pretend that his doghouse was one. The Red Baron was a german ace. Sopwith was a company. Camels are animals that live in the desert and don't need much water. The desert is a biome that prevails when there isn't much precipitation--surprisingly, Antarctica is a desert, even though it's covered in ice, because of how little it actually snows.)

My point, though, is that the crazy robot that gains affection when I hit up destitute refugees for their last cred (in the name of the republic! War bonds, people), is way more fun than this guy who only gains affection when I hit this hard-to-guess-at fine line between being rude and subservient to authority. At least dorne is easier to deal with--say please and thank you and dismiss her before you execute anyone in cold blood.

"Go out of the room, dear, Darth Udders and I have something to talk about"

*blaster fire*

"What was that?"

"Weapons malfunction. Reactor leak. Very Dangerous."

:confused:

"Another word and I will stockstrike you in the mouth."

:(

And the melee guys, so far, are lamer than ****.

This is a darkside vanguard in what is mostly a shield spec, but I grabbed gut from assault for fun.

I think the real point here is that, whatever you do, gear your companion or you'll be stuck with dorne.

I actually capped cybertech and I still don't want to go through the effort of keeping the robot in good parts. So many armorings and mods. Yeesh. At least with dorne I can put her in a random assortment of crap with a couple oranges I don't need and she does her job fine.

SO MANY CUPS OF COFFEE THIS MORNING.

Also, I can't recommend this enough--when you hit Dark 4, use the social preferences to turn off your hat, and get an orange jedi knight chest piece with a hood and replace the strength armoring and mod with aim parts. It's too cool for school. I'm having SO much fun right now.

making pacts with dark gods... executing traitors on sight... selling plans for baby-skinning knife droids to hutt-operated after school clubs...

Edited by TheCosmicMuffet

Jorgen is awesome. I use Dorne every now and then, but the double dps Jorgen and I can dish out while in Heavy Armor is nothing to sneeze at. Sure, heals are great to have, but some fights can be sooooooo slow. Even with the time it takes to rest up after a fight, teaming up with Jorgen can be a lot faster if you're up for the challenge.

Generally, I need to get a cooldown or two running afterwards anyway, which is all the time it takes to reload and heal.

Aric's comments on the ship about using enough ammo for a normal year's requisitions before leaving one planet sealed the deal for me. I love 4X, don't get me wrong. But Aric's my commandbro. Gotta at least have him with me all the way through the Havoc Squad stuff.

Meanwhile, 4X is happily making me Cybertech toys (he really is good at it), Dorne gets to go out and make shady deals for the Republic, and C2-N2 gets sent on every scavenging run I can find when it isn't for some black-market delivery of blasters to the local Republic-sponsored resistance group.

I leveled to 50 as a healer using aric all the way. I wanted to use 4x but it seemed he took just as much damage as aric but didn't have nearly the DPS. 4x was great at holding aggro but while leveling that didn't really matter at all.

Once I switched to DPS I moved my gear to Elara and have been using her since.

Am I the only person who just uses the companion with the lowest affection? Gotta grind those up!

In all seriousness, personality-wise, I love forex forever. Tanno's an ******e, Yuun is just wierd, Dorne is too bland and Jorgan is a close second to forex, but when my war droid asked if he could go solo a sith lord to raise morale, that sealed the deal for me.

In terms of combat effectiveness.... dorne is stupid overpowered compared to the rest. As a tank spec I feel like elites/champions are simply too strong without playing very well with other companions. That said, I run based on affection, which means yuun/tanno until their affection goes up a bit more. Double tank or tank/dps... and yuun/tanno suffer from not having easily upgraded weapons.

Eh, Jorgen is either off collecting stuff for me, or he is waxing my ship. It all depends on what I am doing!

Seriously, that guy was an ******e in the start, so I'm going to be an ******e to him for the rest of his life. I guess I am just nice?

-- Dark side Vanguard