Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

What is after 10k affection?

Comtyra

So what does really happen after you hit 10k? Nothing special? However, the game still shows that I gain point with the companion but nothing else happens. No new dialogues, nothing.

If this is intended behavior, that sucks so bad. So you can romance/marry a companion, then hit 10k and its all over. They won't ever talk to you for the rest of the game (which is very very long time compared to the time spend leveling) although at one point they wanted to have your babies!

So what does really happen after you hit 10k? Nothing special? However, the game still shows that I gain point with the companion but nothing else happens. No new dialogues, nothing.

If this is intended behavior, that sucks so bad. So you can romance/marry a companion, then hit 10k and its all over. They won't ever talk to you for the rest of the game (which is very very long time compared to the time spend leveling) although at one point they wanted to have your babies!

Nonnonononononono.

u increase teh crew skill performance of each invidvidual companionz, and you unlockz teh unique companion missions, that is also unique to each individual companion. Rumors say, that teh companionz can only obtain teh most unqiue-est-est gearz/materialz at max affection, which is obtained through crew skillz, of course.

As to your second paragraph, ya, I thinkz ur right.

Nonnonononononono.

u increase teh crew skill performance of each invidvidual companionz, and you unlockz teh unique companion missions, that is also unique to each individual companion. Rumors say, that teh companionz can only obtain teh most unqiue-est-est gearz/materialz at max affection, which is obtained through crew skillz, of course.

As to your second paragraph, ya, I thinkz ur right.

My eyes are bleeding but thanks. :) It is good to know the effect of 10k affection on crew skills. But if that is the ONLY effect, I'm very disappointed. So, it's like "now that I'm having your babies, let me help you craft better stuff!" what kind of logic is that?

Edited by Comtyra

My eyes are bleeding but thanks. It is good to know the effect of 10k affection on crew skills. But if that is the ONLY effect, I'm very disappointed. So, it's like "now that I'm having your babies, let me help you craft better stuff!" what kind of logic is that?

...videogame logicz, my friend.

So, it's like "now that I'm having your babies, let me help you craft better stuff!" what kind of logic is that?

Where's the logical flaw?

Sounds like a great many real relationships.

You've had my kids love, now go craft me a sandwich.

Sad, but true.

I feel like there should be danger in the story line...with consequences. Say...maybe you make the wrong decision, and your companion gets killed.

Permanently.

Because otherwise, people will always pick also dark side responses etc. Your choices that you make REALLY should have a pivotal role in your game.

for now i'd think it would be nice to think you've reached a milestone in your relationship with your companion.

eventually BW should add more and we can pretend something bad happened. Grandma fess's funeral etc.

i reckon BW have a few tricks up their sleeves for this. it is standard fair for them, they'll likely add in additional companion quests and what not.

for now though - it might feel like the end of a new hope - everyone gets their medals luke doesn't know he's got a sibling....

here's hoping BW have a empire strikes back type blitz of revelations with our companions in the future.

Nothing happens at 10k.

Infact all that can happen is you will lose affection if you keep them with you as they can still lose it just not gain it.

Interestingly in one story line you are even betrayed and your only option is to say/do stuff that will hurt their feelings (losing affection) or forgive them. Its a very strange system but then who would kick out a companion when you have no one to replace them with.

I feel like there should be danger in the story line...with consequences. Say...maybe you make the wrong decision, and your companion gets killed.

Permanently.

Because otherwise, people will always pick also dark side responses etc. Your choices that you make REALLY should have a pivotal role in your game.

as a SI, there were a few points there was the option (kill her/him) for companions. didn't pick them but they were there

It was possible to kill or have your companions abandon you in the past, but that got taken off the table.

Too bad. I didn't fancy Alistair at all when I played DA:O, and I was happy to see him go after making some choices he didn't like. I haven't got all companions yet but if there's one I can't stand, I'd love to have the option to break the collaboration deal.

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously... :( I got really sad when I hit 10k and realized this. I thought there might be a special "Yay 10k affection!" ending conversation, but there wasn't and I was severely disappointed. Especially after getting married and all, I assume they would at least say different things. It could also be nice to have an optional title, like with their last name added onto yours or something xD Although that's probably wishful thinking. Haha.

Permanently.

This is something that I had wished for as well...it would add an extra level of depth and emotion to the story that I think it's lacking a bit. Not to complain though, I think the companions are done really well, there's just so much untapped potential that they hopefully take advantage of in the future.

Sigh...here's hoping.

Seriously... :( I got really sad when I hit 10k and realized this. I thought there might be a special "Yay 10k affection!" ending conversation, but there wasn't and I was severely disappointed. Especially after getting married and all, I assume they would at least say different things. It could also be nice to have an optional title, like with their last name added onto yours or something xD Although that's probably wishful thinking. Haha.

This is something that I had wished for as well...it would add an extra level of depth and emotion to the story that I think it's lacking a bit. Not to complain though, I think the companions are done really well, there's just so much untapped potential that they hopefully take advantage of in the future.

Sigh...here's hoping.

The mariage is awefully close to 10k though, and the "I want to have your babies" even closer.

As for the "I want your babies" thing, it is definitely tied to the legacy system, since you ll be able to say that some of your alt are the kids of your main.

Hell the companion even mention it "I want to protect your legacy"

But yes, that might be the issue, maybe the mariage should have happened earlier like around 5k affection and end of act 2 or so, and then expand on the relationship in act 3.

It could also be nice to have an optional title, like with their last name added onto yours or something. XD

Seeing as the Knight and his/her crew don't actually find out Doc's legal name until the very tail-end of the class-quest timeline, it wouldn't surprise me if he took the femKnight's name instead. :p It did occur to me to wonder whether name-changing was a thing associated with marriage (at least for the dominant "generic human culture") in the Galaxy Far Far Away. It seems to be the case that New Republic Era brides often use double surnames (ex. Leia Organa Solo, Mara Jade Skywalker). I wonder if that was the case in this corner of the Old Republic Era as well. Would be amusing either way.

Only thing that sucks, is that you never really see any marriage ceremonies or what have you...Would have loved to have seen that.

Actually, for at least two characters that I know of, you get private, short, non-fancy wedding ceremonies.

Edited by Meira_Arirai