Who's your nemesis?

justdrop

Everyone has that one class they dread to see when combat's approaching. Mine is a dps scoundrel or IA. As a healing scoundrel, they have enough damage and stuns to screw my day up. Tank specced guardians and juggs usually do me in too.

What's yours?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Snipers. I hate hearing that "thwap", "thwap", "thwap" sound starting up. One seems to find me every time my defenses are on cool down, and I'm out in the open. My choices are to creep towards them and die just as I reach them, or creep away and die just as I reach something to block LOS. On the rare chance that I get to stealth up and go blast one off his perch I feel vindicated. :)

Smash monkeys....

...Just...AWHNOILRHAIOLKHNBAIOFN

In a game where Operatives are getting buffed, there are so many better things to qq about. I guess some people don't like it when they're the ones on the receiving end of better damage.

In a game where Operatives are getting buffed, there are so many better things to qq about. I guess some people don't like it when they're the ones on the receiving end of better damage.

Who ever likes receiving damage? This is dependant on who I play. My biggest though is the dps scoundrel operative. Second is dps assassin shadow. My jugg tank really doesn't have any issue 1v1 except against healers as I tend not to have the dps to take them down. Unless I can bait them to error.my sniper has no issues either except someone e who can keep me stunned till dead. My sorc and sage both have issues with smashers and steathers. .y PT tends to get exposed by sniper slingers while my merc and commando both have issues with force users. My assassin and scoundrel have issues with better players then myself. My mara just seems to be squishy but can nuke healers quick.

Who ever likes receiving damage? This is dependant on who I play. My biggest though is the dps scoundrel operative. Second is dps assassin shadow. My jugg tank really doesn't have any issue 1v1 except against healers as I tend not to have the dps to take them down. Unless I can bait them to error.my sniper has no issues either except someone e who can keep me stunned till dead. My sorc and sage both have issues with smashers and steathers. .y PT tends to get exposed by sniper slingers while my merc and commando both have issues with force users. My assassin and scoundrel have issues with better players then myself. My mara just seems to be squishy but can nuke healers quick.

Just pointed out the hypocrisy of a probable sniper/operative player whining about smash monkeys doing ridiculous damage. Snipers/operatives are a blight on PVP, and only getting worse.

On my Shadow it's Operatives and Good Snipers. Nothing like being opened up on while in stealth by another stealther who knocks me down or stuns me for what seems like forever. Then he stealths and I have to chase him around to avoid him while at near death or run off to heal if the DOTs don't do me in first. Same thing with Scoundrels.

On my Gunslinger it's Marauders/Sents or Focus Juggs/Guardians. Especially the latter if I don't notice their class and blow my knock back to early and they have Unremitting when they leap to me if I'm not in cover. Or the Vanguard allowing a leaper to jump to my well hidden position causing us both to die :mad:

Overall though:

1. Maras/Sents (or Focus Juggs/Guardians)

2. Operatives/Scoundrels

3. Snipers

4. Sorcs who kite well although they are rare.

Shadows do not phase me

My main is a Commando (Gunnery) so my #1 nemesis is....every other Advanced Class! But Pyro Pwrtechs are the worst - automatic loss plus they laugh at you. Then Assassins, Ops, maras, Juggs and Sorcs... :o

Arsenal mercs. Once they get off those 15 TMs you're left at 80% health... So annoying.

Three things,

1. You must be facing a lot of horrible mercs if literally all they're doing is using tracer missile

2. You let them get off 15 tracer missiles?

3. Mercs (especially arsenal mercs) are NOT lacking in the damage department... a merc who realizes he has skills other than tracer missile can put out a terrifying amount of damage (if left alone, anyway). Their weakness comes from relying on tracer missile to be able to do their crazy damage, because it's the one skill that powers up your three hardest hitting skills, and how easily they're shut down because they don't have the immunities/utility that snipers have.

I'm just saying, if you're going to make a joke about how bad mercs are, at least get their weakness right... they aren't targeted first just because they're easy kills, they're also targeted first because smart players know that they can put out a lot of damage if left alone.

Edited by Col_Wilson

Three things,

1. You must be facing a lot of horrible mercs if literally all they're doing is using tracer missile

2. You let them get off 15 tracer missiles?

3. Mercs (especially arsenal mercs) are NOT lacking in the damage department... a merc who realizes he has skills other than tracer missile can put out a terrifying amount of damage (if left alone, anyway). Their weakness comes from relying on tracer missile to be able to do their crazy damage, because it's the one skill that powers up your three hardest hitting skills, and how easily they're shut down because they don't have the immunities/utility that snipers have.

I'm just saying, if you're going to make a joke about how bad mercs are, at least get their weakness right... they aren't targeted first just because they're easy kills, they're also targeted first because smart players know that they can put out a lot of damage if left alone.

Good god man you are in super serious mode lol. To the OP snipers, i play a pyro PT and its just so difficult to get in range. I also have a lvl 50 merc:p

Really depends what I'm on.

On My sorc I HATE darkness and deception Sins and Carny mara's. Just about impossible to kite either one, Madness sins can be a pain, but as a madness sorc I have a good chance against them. Rage smash monkeys of any sort annoy me too, not by themselves but the AoE aimed at another person that occasionally hits me. PT's can also burst so fast that often you don't notice them until you took 15k damage

On my Sniper its vengeance Juggs who ignore all my CC. And the times when I'm playing lethality, I hate healers who know how to cleanse or sins with their self cleanse. When I play MM I hate hate hate Darkness Sins or Immortal Juggs. Try killing a 27k tank with high defense with all white damage.

On my mara its snipers by far. Any spec really, all will kill me, I just have to wait and find out how.

On my new baby PT, I die to pretty much every class so far, but also kill pretty much every class. He's not 50 yet, and I'm not good either, so maybe I will have one. But right now I tend to just run into the thickest part of the fighting and spam everything until I fill up on heat or die. he does more damage and more useful damage that way than any of my other classes. Not as strategic but just pumps it out.

A sniper and a stealth Operative guarding a node. I see that sniper and think I can take him. Pop down my stealth scan on him to see if he's got a friend. Little do I know the Op is flanking me. That damn knife sounds SO painful while I'm having a seizure. Then the sniper quickly puts me out of my misery.