Zardar Strikes Back. (;Scoundrel/Scrapper;)

Zardar_Thrad

As promised before,i just made a new video from some footage i collected.Hope you like it :)

New video :

Older ones :

Any advice is welcome,even troll/hate ;)

As about Utilities,i use a variety,not standard,i swap here and then.

I can tell you which ones :

Tier 1)

a.Scar Tissue

b.Flash Powder

c.Sneaky

d.Holdout Defence

e.Dirty Escape

Tier 2)

a.Flee The Scene

b.Dirty Trickster

c.Supplemented Medpack (Only use if immobilize removal on last tier,but not worth it imo,i prefer to have 2 skills,one for cleanse and one for close gapper than have only 1 that does both,awaiting 2 cd's is better than one,BW's thinking on that is stupid,it would worth more if Trick Move gave something extra,like reduced cooldown or somethin...)

Tier 3)

a.Sleight of foot(If no immobilize removal)

b.Scramble

c.Skeddadle

d.Hotwired Defences

e.Surprise Comeback(works better with ruffian's reduced CD)

Rest are not worth for pvp IMO.

Edited by Zardar_Thrad

As promised before,i just made a new video from some footage i collected.Hope you like it :)

New video :

Older ones :

Any advice is welcome,even troll/hate ;)

Soundtrack was awesome until barbie girl arrived :D

Nice playing though, 2-3 vs 1 is impressive. But there are way too much keyboard turners, expecting to see some tops next time.

Edited by DerSchneider

Awesome video. It's rare to see an operative nowadays. I think I've only encountered one in WZs that's actually been good. Most of them don't time their evasion correctly and they don't use heals.

I've been doing really well with my deception sin, and now I am trying to get better with carnage mara.

and they don't use heals.

Guilty. I use the probes of course, especially with the DR utility, and I used to have the channel heal keybound, but with the nerf it seems pointless. But I never use the kolto healing thingie :o. It seems counter-intuitive to slow down that much, but I guess I have to rethink that.

You're awsome Zardar, best scrapper on TOFN.

Thanks m8,means a lot coming from the best guardian of ToFN :)

Do you mind sharing also your gear/stats/augments :)

There's nothing really special here,whatever u go its pretty much the same thing with scoundrels...You got to work for your bread,not like some other classes...But i play full power/crit and mastery augments.A little alacrity wouldnt hurt though.

How is rep side on TOFN these days? I joined TRE and its god awful.

Its good,we just had a massive spawn of newcomers scrubs lately so that's why sometimes its meh.

Why is that thing with snipe a waste?

Cause if u unstealth to do snipe u just mess with your backstab which deals more dmg from stealth,dmg gained from snipe you just lose it from there.Maybe its good when target stunned or 8 sec cc'd but still,bludge or sucker punch or any other are way better fillers which trigger some debuffs/buffs and you remain within ur rotation and deal with enemy faster,snipe slows the fight...This is a lingering effect from the 2.0 meta where blood boiler didnt exist and had to use explosive probe for extra dmg,at that time yeah it was good dmg to perform like that,now its just not.

but I guess I have to rethink that.

Just dont overdo it,remember that it only works well when u apply enough pressure and make sure to not get interrupted ot you screwed :/

Loved the older vids, cant watch the new one in Germany tho, music rights crap blocks it :(

:( I can only suggest to use a proxy

Cant watch in USA either. At least it's blocked for me. :(

Wanted to compare the new video vs the older ones. I realize you can still pull off some of the caps (great play btw). But how is your dmg looking both given and taken in the new vid. Cant imagine any 2v1 against a skilled PT etc.. but in the hands of a stud perhaps I'm wrong.

I really dont know how to help you guys...Only solution i knew is google to find a proxy.Perhaps if i upload to a different site than ytube the legal restrictions wont apply? Like daily motion or so,or it applies everywhere?

PS : No i cant take a skilled PT down with another one stabbing my back(especially if the other is a sniper free casting ambush while hardstunned) only cause PT's are a joke with their burst.1v1 is easy no matter the skill cause i know how to counter them,they might get me 20% HP or lower but scoundrel is not anymore an ''assasin'' backstabber class(biggest crit is like 14K),it became more of an attrition-fight wise class,so i always have the last word no matter the HP.

Edited by Zardar_Thrad

what works... unblockyoutube.co.uk

paste your video that is blocked in the url space..

And you looked pretty stellar in that one as well. Brilliant player.

For someone not born with long thin hands I really wish we could use simple macros in this game. I have everything keybound but it's not optimal imo. Hate having so many keys need modifiers. Even something simple like "if stealth button A; no stealth button B" would free up at least one key. (like I can do in WoW). I don't know how other classes function but to be a good operative/scoundrel it requires a ton of keybinds.. .lol.. wish my fingers were thinner and longer. :(

Edited by Russreklaw

You are *********** amazing... I learned quite a bit in 22 minutes :)

USA people: try this link (not a virus; its from a "YouTube to MP4 converter" I use on my mobile)

http://srv66.clipconverter.cc/download/25DHeY%2Bhx6WwZWlsnpyccGtp5KWmqW9u4pSXbHFonmdqZ2u0qc%2FMqHyf1qiZpa2d2A%3D%3D/Swtor%20Zardar%20PvP%20Vol.3%20%28Scoundrel%29.mp4

Edited by -OBITUS

Guilty. I use the probes of course, especially with the DR utility, and I used to have the channel heal keybound, but with the nerf it seems pointless. But I never use the kolto healing thingie :o. It seems counter-intuitive to slow down that much, but I guess I have to rethink that.

I think it's also dependent on the situation, your amount of alacrity and also how many enemies are on you.

Thanks m8,means a lot coming from the best guardian of ToFN :)

Its good,we just had a massive spawn of newcomers scrubs lately so that's why sometimes its meh.

Ah ok great, might come back for some pvp action. TRE is great for ops but im more of a pvper and running with a team in pve gear they are getting facerolled everytime on repside.

Edited by -Healius-

what works... unblockyoutube.co.uk

paste your video that is blocked in the url space..

You. I love you.

Zardar, do you have any guides or vids with commentary/tips (written or spoken). I sometimes play my 53 scoundrel that I kinda enjoy, but watching your vids, I feel like a blindfolded six year old playing him. That gameplay was amazing, I'd love to reach even half that potential

Edited by Amamort

good video, but the quality of your opponents is seriously bad. on one of the 2v1s i am pretty sure the only thing that one of your opponents do was spam his auto attack, while the other looked like he had trouble finding his abilities as he probably got one off every 6 seconds or so. Also defensive cooldowns were near non existant on nearly all of your opponents.

I dont know. I made videos that showcased me pwning newbs but I would rather watch fights where both sides were using everything they could. Its probably why I like watching the dueling tourney vids so much. Usually showcases how people fight against people who can fight back. Though I do like watching people wreck people, and with scoundrel where its at right now, the chances of finding videos of scoundrels wrecking people are slim to none.

Still a good video though. Excellent editing. Adding to my favorites and look forward to further videos.

Edit: added more **** to the post cause i wanted to.

Edited by Haystak

For someone not born with long thin hands I really wish we could use simple macros in this game :(

Lol dude,if u trolling that was a good one.If not,well i dont have big hands,thats why all my buttons are stacked with key shifters...

You are *********** amazing... I learned quite a bit in 22 minutes :)

Thanks a lot m8,glad to hear that ^^

I'd love to reach even half that potential

^^That's not true,just stick with one class and keep practicing,i was also face rolled at start.

good video, but the quality of your opponents is seriously bad. on one of the 2v1s i am pretty sure the only thing that one of your opponents do was spam his auto attack, while the other looked like he had trouble finding his abilities as he probably got one off every 6 seconds or so. Also defensive cooldowns were near non existant on nearly all of your opponents.

That's not true m8,yeah some ******* were in these fights in 2v1 but i didnt post to show off about them,only my target,and some others i just made them look bad.

And if by cooldowns u mean 2min skills,well not my fault,i didnt have all my skills up any time also but i didnt complain,i just performed with what i had,and if not i tried to buy time for some to recharge.Im not dodging like a monkey or cc for no reason.

Hmm,as about tourneys u right,its slightly tougher,we did one with guild (Infiltrados) but i forgot to record.But i won anyways :) And believe me,those guys were good.If i see any tourney goin on,i ll make sure i join.

Thanks anyways :)

Zardar what differences do you see between concealment op and your class/spec... Are they exactly the same.. do you think one has any slight edge at all? Are all abilities exactly the same? Just curious..

None?

P.S : Wrote some utilities on 1st post

Edited by Zardar_Thrad

Hey man great vid, I was curious of what you do for augs? and rest of the ppl here too. Do you guys go crit/pwr enhancements then full 14power augs? I saw somewhere that, that is a 3%dps increase over crit augs? I also heard some ppl going 7crit / 7pwr. What you guys think is best?

Hey man great vid, I was curious of what you do for augs? and rest of the ppl here too. Do you guys go crit/pwr enhancements then full 14power augs? I saw somewhere that, that is a 3%dps increase over crit augs? I also heard some ppl going 7crit / 7pwr. What you guys think is best?

I answered earlier,scoundrel is flexible,whatever u go it seems to do the trick.Personally i just play full crit/power with mastery augments cause i m too lazy to bother tweaking.