Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MAJOR SPOILER Please don't bring him back.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
MAJOR SPOILER Please don't bring him back.

Aeneas_Falco
01.30.2020 , 07:49 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Kira does the same thing on the opposite side, she refuses to kill any republic soliders or Jedi. You cannot fault either one for that. They are both honest and upfront about that and while some of my characters may not like it, they can respect them for that.
It also makes more sense IMO than having all returning squadmates loyalties be entirely to the protagonist rather than the faction. Kira's class story content & backstory would honestly make fighting for the Empire completely out of character.

Personally I think they should have also went the same way with Theron & Lana, with Theron refusing to betray the Republic & Lana being a staunch Empire loyalist.

eoral
02.04.2020 , 12:45 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
It also makes more sense IMO than having all returning squadmates loyalties be entirely to the protagonist rather than the faction. Kira's class story content & backstory would honestly make fighting for the Empire completely out of character.

Personally I think they should have also went the same way with Theron & Lana, with Theron refusing to betray the Republic & Lana being a staunch Empire loyalist.
While I can understand with Kira I don't agree with that it should have been the same way for Lana and Theron. This blocks Empire and Republic players from having Lana and Theron and their romance as there is so few same-sex romances early on. Even now with add romances such as Jaesa and Arcann they are not fleshed out.

Also considering a large amount of Lana's and Theron's relationship with people's characters mostly took place in the Alliance it does to me make sense that they are loyal to the Commander not their respective factions. Somethings go beyond ideology, people are more complicated and having Lana dedicated only to the Empire and Theron only to the Republic is boring and black and white storytelling.

JuventusAndFCK
02.11.2020 , 07:19 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post

Ideally the story would branch off in several different directions according to your MC's specific choice of loyalty, and I'd have liked to see Theron and Lana leaving if you join their opposing faction directly, but staying with you if you remain independent or join their faction.

Given the rather on-rails story content since Rishi though, I doubt the ideal will come to pass, even though I only think it would take a tiny bit of ambition to realise.

OldVengeance
02.14.2020 , 04:05 PM | #34
I'm very glad that Kira stays loyal to the Republic and the Jedi, anything else would have been character assassination.

Lana and Theron, I believe, have already demonstrated a bit are more flexibility than Kira in their loyalties, but I personally think Theron should eventually leave if the Empire goes "too far" in his mind during it's war with the Republic. It seems they already are planting the seeds of that.

OldVengeance
02.14.2020 , 08:54 PM | #35
One other thing I did want to say is that I'd actually be down for one last encounter with some incarnation of Vitiate. I always felt the "Vitiate" version of the character came to really jarring and unsatisfying abrupt conclusion on Ziost. And I thought it would be nice to tie both Valkorion and Vitiate together in some sort of epilogue for the character.

My hope is that maybe we'd get to see both Doug Bradly and Darin de Paul back for it. If we see glimpses of his past in the Force or whatever, hearing both of their voices would be a great continuity nod and might help make the transition from one to the other feel more smooth.

It would also be cool if the characters who knew him in his different forms got to interact. For example, Senya and Arcann knew, loved and hated Valkorion for a long time, but they never knew Vitiate and never met Scourge.