Sith Species as a Republic Trooper?

DarkoXek

People read these things too strictly. When you're dealing with a species of individuals, then there are inevitably going to be variations in their number. Too often, Star Wars fans decide Yoda is wise, therefore his species are all wise. Greedo is a crook, therefore he comes from a species of crooks. It's bizarre how such attitudes, utterly repellent in the real world, are so blithely accepted as a default here.

From what is on Wookiepedia, the Sith are a warlike and violent people. It's easy to imagine out of millions (if not billions or trillions) of them, some would find the Sith's restrictive caste system unpleasant, and find a way to escape to the Republic. They'd be unusual, sure, but no more so than being of Russian descent in the US in the 1950s.

I was curious lore-wise and RP wise how could I accurately fit a Sith pureblood to being a Republic trooper without breaking any lore/rp knowledge/rules?

there aren't ''rules'' about this,but how can you honestly play a sith pureblood trooper? You crazy?

Alright thanks (: I'm just trying to figure out a way to tell others how I went from whatever Empire owned planet I was born on to the Republic and all that jazz xD

You could always go the Moses route. Back story off the top of my head would be along the lines of the father being a dedicated Sith Lord, the Mother a human of royal imperial lineage whom is jaded with the ways of the Empire. She delivers the child on board her private starship travelling between Dromund Kaas and where ever her husband is stationed. Almost immediately she realizes the child is not force sensitive, or it's force sensitivity is so miniscule it would be viewed as shameful.

Rather than continue the journey to her husband (whom would surely terminate the infant, and quite possibly her to spare himself the embaressment) she instructs the crew of the ship (servants loyal to her) to flee to Republic Space.

Sith Purebloods do defect, so theoretically Sith Purebloods can be born into the Republic. Also not all Sith Purebloods are force Sensitive, most non-force sensitive Sith Purebloods are enslaved in the Empire, so they are the most likely to defect if they have a chance, and their children would become troopers /smugglers /politicians /shopkeepers /farmers etc.

Lord Scourge went Republic and he's a sith pureblood. There is also a part in the Sith Inquisitor story that a sith pureblood on Tatooine talks about how the empire is wrong in fighting genocide with genocide and doesnt agree with the empire at all. Many sith purebloods have different views from the empire and those IMO are true sith because they fight for what they want and not what the empire wants. They fight for themselves and their own purpose and not an empire thats whole purpose is to serve an emperor whos only purpose is to server himself.

there aren't ''rules'' about this,but how can you honestly play a sith pureblood trooper? You crazy?

A Pureblood Trooper would never be accepted for training or otherwise. Especially by a Republic military force that is perpetually at war with the Sith Empire.

Doesn't mean some players can't be absurd and do it.

Lord Scourge went Republic and he's a sith pureblood. There is also a part in the Sith Inquisitor story that a sith pureblood on Tatooine talks about how the empire is wrong in fighting genocide with genocide and doesnt agree with the empire at all. Many sith purebloods have different views from the empire and those IMO are true sith because they fight for what they want and not what the empire wants. They fight for themselves and their own purpose and not an empire thats whole purpose is to serve an emperor whos only purpose is to server himself.

Being accepted among Jedi is way different than being accepted among patriotic fighting men.

Trooper Story Spoiler:

Look how much garbage that Elara Dorn has to deal with simply because of her accent.

Edited by TheBBP

People read these things too strictly. When you're dealing with a species of individuals, then there are inevitably going to be variations in their number. Too often, Star Wars fans decide Yoda is wise, therefore his species are all wise. Greedo is a crook, therefore he comes from a species of crooks. It's bizarre how such attitudes, utterly repellent in the real world, are so blithely accepted as a default here.

From what is on Wookiepedia, the Sith are a warlike and violent people. It's easy to imagine out of millions (if not billions or trillions) of them, some would find the Sith's restrictive caste system unpleasant, and find a way to escape to the Republic. They'd be unusual, sure, but no more so than being of Russian descent in the US in the 1950s.

the problem with this whole theory is that the Sith Purebloods are also heavily attuned to the Dark Side. They might make it as Mercs and maybe Troopers on the Republic side, but I doubt there would be any reason for them to join the Jedi Order under any circumstances.

Edited by XantosCledwin

Yeah, you're probably right... the Jedi Order would never accept those closest to the Empire in their ranks, like known Children of Emperor, and membership in Havoc Squad would definitely never be trusted to a defector. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're probably right... the Jedi Order would never accept those closest to the Empire in their ranks, like known Children of Emperor, and membership in Havoc Squad would definitely never be trusted to a defector. :rolleyes:

Jedi would accept them so long as they followed the rules of the order, in fact Jedi even accepted high ranking Sith provided they redeemed themselves.

Membership in Havoc Squad or any elite Republic force is more a matter of politics than anything else, and they probably would get sidelined due to their unorthodox family tree.

The Jedi weren't aware that the child in question was a Child of the Emperor until after the Emperor activated her. As for the actual Sith Lord that ended up on the side of the Republic. I can only wager a guess as to how that happened. As for the alleged defector in Havoc Squad. I wouldn't know as I don't play Troopers.

That said, the reason they wouldn't allow a Sith Pureblood into the Jedi Order is because the entire Sith Pureblood Species is both Force Sensitive to varying degree's and attuned to the Dark Side of the force. Meaning finding a Sith Pureblood who is light sided, is exceedingly rare.

Edited by XantosCledwin

Folks are getting bogged down on whether or not it could technically happen. Let's get back to whether or not it would realistically happen. There is no way that an army of battle-worn Troopers would allow a Sith Pureblood into their ranks. Imperial defectors? Absolutely. Pureblood? Not a chance. He'd likely die from "friendly" fire if he got as far as service.

There is no way that an army of battle-worn Troopers would allow a Sith Pureblood into their ranks. Imperial defectors? Absolutely. Pureblood? Not a chance. He'd likely die from "friendly" fire if he got as far as service.

Your argument is based on the idea that the Republic military is unmitigatably racist. Now, one could argue that the Sith might never accept a non-human Sith Lord, or that a slave could never rise to join the Dark Council with their past debasement (the basis for the SI story), but the Republic, of all places, predicates their entire cause on being more open minded and concerned with the equal treatment of citizens regardless of species.

Given that it can be readily ascertained that all military units seem to work in groups of three, but that more advanced units typically work in groups of one dominant soldier beside a lesser one, it seems unlikely that there would be anyone around to shoot said trooper in the back. Who exactly do you suspect would do so? Aric Jorgan? Perhaps Elara Dorne? I suppose the initial placement wouldn't be up to them though. Some nosy politician might stick a pureblood in Havoc squad as a PR move, but I guess it would ultimately be up to Tavus to decide if that was a good choice. He'd have to make that decision based on his own plans for the squad.

Folks are getting bogged down on whether or not it could technically happen. Let's get back to whether or not it would realistically happen. There is no way that an army of battle-worn Troopers would allow a Sith Pureblood into their ranks. Imperial defectors? Absolutely. Pureblood? Not a chance. He'd likely die from "friendly" fire if he got as far as service.

This is where I think I should step in...

The OP is applying to my guild <Alpha Company> which is an RP/PvP Military Themed mainly trooper guild.

I know that Sgt. Kjvago Mahr already addressed this but for others to see:

We don't have a race restriction. But, we are a role playing guild so if you insist on being a Sith then prepare to be treated ICly as such (with suspicion, insults, etc.) as well as some good natured teasing OOC. If you are okay with that then feel free to apply as a Sith, if you're not then I'd suggest not doing that.

As for who you can talk to in game, any officer or NCO will do. That would be Qorbin, Ricky (in any of his variations of the letter "i"), Rux/Jer'mi, Kjvago/Kj'vago/Nilskise or Æris/Kalypsa

My trooper would accept him, but have a shaky trust at first I know with some confrontations (rp fist fights anyone?? :D) every now and then. I could say the same for most of the other troopers in the company.

I know that people RP differently and that there is no "set" way this lore would really work. But there is enough lore out there to support the Sgt.'s response which I think is a good summary of how a sith trooper would be treated in the Republic Military,

the problem with this whole theory is that the Sith Purebloods are also heavily attuned to the Dark Side. They might make it as Mercs and maybe Troopers on the Republic side, but I doubt there would be any reason for them to join the Jedi Order under any circumstances.

Actually there is an incident in the JK story, where if you spare the life of a sith pureblood sent to kill you he in fact joins the jedi order and returns to assist you in the fight for Corellia.

That too...

the JK companion Kira Carsen

Good point.

Your argument is based on the idea that the Republic military is unmitigatably racist. Now, one could argue that the Sith might never accept a non-human Sith Lord, or that a slave could never rise to join the Dark Council with their past debasement (the basis for the SI story), but the Republic, of all places, predicates their entire cause on being more open minded and concerned with the equal treatment of citizens regardless of species.

Given that it can be readily ascertained that all military units seem to work in groups of three, but that more advanced units typically work in groups of one dominant soldier beside a lesser one, it seems unlikely that there would be anyone around to shoot said trooper in the back. Who exactly do you suspect would do so? Aric Jorgan? Perhaps Elara Dorne? I suppose the initial placement wouldn't be up to them though. Some nosy politician might stick a pureblood in Havoc squad as a PR move, but I guess it would ultimately be up to Tavus to decide if that was a good choice. He'd have to make that decision based on his own plans for the squad.

Not necessarily racist, just SEVERELY distrustful. It would be like at the height of Cold War having Soviet military personnel defect and induct them into the US Army with the same rank as they had. Do you REALLY think that anyone in that former Soviet's squad, platoon, and/or on up, would trust him with anything?

That being said, it's not completely unheard of...in works of fiction.