How do I target enemies in an effective way when using the mouse for movement?

nerwd

Tabs and hot keys. Invest in a gaming keyboard. IMO it's a must for MMOs. I also have a gaming mouse and use the extra buttons to cycle next target and next friendly. My mouse has a left and right scroll wheel button. Very easy to change targets using it. There is a whole targeting section on the key binding option page. There are dozens of ways to target. You just need to map them. Edited by Owsley

Tabs and hot keys. Invest in a gaming keyboard. IMO it's a must for MMOs. I also have a gaming mouse and use the extra buttons to cycle next target and next friendly. My mouse has a left and right scroll wheel button. Very easy to change targets using it. There is a whole targeting section on the key binding option page. There are dozens of ways to target. You just need to map them.

Any suggestion???

Any suggestion???

Logitech G510. It has the most G Keys (3 banks of 18). The others only have 12. Also you can color code the banks so your keys change colors. Very handy in combat so you know what bank is active. I have my combat moves on bank 1 and is red while my heals are on bank 2 which is green, misc. stuff in on bank 3 which is blue. Very easy to tell what bank is active by just using your peripheral vision. Each bank is mapped to my 12 toolbar buttons (main, left and right) and I use the extra 6 buttons for jump, bringing up the map, mounting my vehicle, macros for buffs and heals, and ventrilo push to talk.

http://www.logitech.com/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/7246

Edited by Owsley

Great idea!!! I'mma steal this one from you :)

Glad I could help. I use the side buttons on my G500 for things like take cover on my IA. And heals on my Merc etc. A gaming mouse helps a lot with small things like that.

Set tab to target closest enemy. That is deffently (IMO) the best

The problem with this is that once you're targetting the nearest enemy, you can't 'tab' to anything else. I play a dot(dmg over time)-heavy class and like to DoT up everything before I focus on 1 target, and use tab to hit every one.