Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: January 8th, 2019

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: January 8th, 2019
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Batwer
01.04.2019 , 12:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
We are planning for a patch to happen in January, just not next week. Tentatively we are planning a small bug fix patch the follow week on January 15th. I will have more details on that next week.

-eric
Well finally a feedback, even if it is nothing. I did not want more. Nevertheless, you should not just worry about the bugs. The new system is crap and you know that.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Xina_LA
01.04.2019 , 12:47 PM | #12
A lot of people expressed sympathy, saying that the devs were out on holiday, so don't blame them for the state of the game. Here's my answer...

* Don't release a huge update right before a holiday, unless you plan to be around to support it.

* If the release wasn't buggy, it wouldn't have mattered that they went on vacation. QA has been a mess for some time, so they should have predicted this.

* Plenty of jobs (like USPS, malls, newspapers, tech support, etc.) require people to keep working over the holidays because it's their busy season. MMO busy season is when we're all off on vacation and have extra time to play, gifted CCs to spend, and so forth.

So no, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some bug fixes by two weeks after Christmas.

That being said, I would rather see them delay a patch and get it right. After all, several of the previous bug fixes actually just traded one bug for another. I don't know how many more "failed fixes" the community can handle before they throw up their hands and lose hope.

What I would like to see by the 8th is a list of the bugs they are attempting to fix right away, as well as bugs they're hoping to address soon. An acknowledgement that they're aware of specific bugs would go a long way for me and help me be more patient about a fix.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

JattaGin
01.04.2019 , 12:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DragoshNashu View Post
This is what happens when you rush to put something out for the sake of having it out before the end of the year.
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
* Don't release a huge update right before a holiday, unless you plan to be around to support it.
"The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"

"The same procedure as every year, James."

For the ones who know that quote. All others surely understand the message as well.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

TonyTricicolo
01.04.2019 , 12:50 PM | #14
Yo leave Musco alone. He only does what he's told to do. The shape of the game is not his fault.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Costello
01.04.2019 , 01:00 PM | #15
The one I'm surprised didn't make it in is the gearing fix.

The new system is basically less than 2 hours of story and then a gear grind. Many posts have lamented the gear grind. Only as it stands that gear we are grinding for isn't compatible with the old set bonuses (bug) so the 'big' thing to keep people entertained till 6.0 is broken. Surely that should be a priority we have people are in arms about the next tier of grinding and its bugged, so you have annoyed people over something that doesn't even work properly.

fastwalker
01.04.2019 , 01:08 PM | #16
Can u imagine the utter fiasco 6.0 will be knowing 5.10 was handled like this??

Trlance
01.04.2019 , 02:14 PM | #17
How funny of you all who started Ossus and now cry about bugs. I started it on 22 december and i play it that slowly, i don't need to be worry about bugs bcs before i will meet them, they will be fixed. This happen when all of you must done EVERYTHING in one day, haha

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

Oeconomicus
01.04.2019 , 02:27 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
Yo leave Musco alone. He only does what he's told to do. The shape of the game is not his fault.
That is right. But it is his Task to transport our opinion to the right People in the staff (if they are not reading the Forum).
And yes Bioware has not learned from the mistakes of the past. That is clear!

Ignoring Feedback from PTS is the worst thing you can do if you want to integrate Players in the Q&A process.
"A life without regrets is a life well-lived" - Emperor Valkorion

PorsaLindahl
01.04.2019 , 02:31 PM | #19
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 8th for maintenance. This is for back-end updates only, there will not be a patch to download.

Details:
DATE: 8 January 2019
TIME: 5:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1300 - 1600 GMT)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
Really? 3 hour maintenance to feed the hamsters and not fix your broken mess? C'mon now. You guys need to get real.

And when are you going to post times in actual server time?

Rion_Starkiller
01.04.2019 , 02:36 PM | #20
You guys don't actually think they worked more than 3 days this week, do you? Corporate life was off Dec 24th through Jan 1st. Returning to work Jan 2.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Lies have been corrected.