Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Return Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw To Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Return Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw To Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows

ZeroTypeR
01.04.2019 , 02:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSealth View Post

The thing I want back most from the glory days is active stances. FTW
Same here.

Ylliarus
01.04.2019 , 05:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EVO_D View Post
I've been wanting a lightening ability of some sort on my assassin for ages now and it also makes sense since the inquisitors are meant to be lightening slinging force users.

A one handed lightening charge other than electrocute would look great on the sin similar to the one you see in the trailer here: https://youtu.be/mm4JEZudf0c?t=195
It proves that Force Lightning can be cast with one hand alone. Besides, we even see the Sith Assassin in the trailer cast Force Lightning but can we do that ingame? It's such a pity that it was taken away all those years back, because even in Bioware's own trailers we see a Sith Assassin cast Force Lightning.
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

DarthSealth
01.05.2019 , 08:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
It proves that Force Lightning can be cast with one hand alone. Besides, we even see the Sith Assassin in the trailer cast Force Lightning but can we do that ingame? It's such a pity that it was taken away all those years back, because even in Bioware's own trailers we see a Sith Assassin cast Force Lightning.
Because they like dumbing down the experience and in favour of boring grinds.

Whilst stupidly contradicting themselves like with the 100% command perk of recognising only 8 base classes?

Fun in this game is minuscule to what it use to be, like the decluttering of abilities that players felt had no justification having a place on your bar in favour of Rotation, Rotation, Rotation. I never understood such nonsense I always play a game how I see fit and what is fun and cool. Abilities I viewed as clutter just wouldn't appear on my quickbar.

Removal of stances was people moaning about new players not using the correct stances like wow talk about impatience give new players a chance to learn, we've all made mistakes.

But nothing like post 5.0 was actually how can I say it not exactly bad when compared to the shipwreck that is 5.0.

I hoped and prayed that Chief Keith would rectify them mistakes and back track on them I even personally PM'ed him to ask him explaining how great games such as KOTOR relied on choice and SWTOR was formed on that basis taking away choice from the player is when a ship starts to sink.

Forced Paywall Grind, Weekly Passes Removed, Base Classes Removed, Abilities Stripped, Active Stances Removed, Ninja/Stealth Nerfs. < All happened since 5.0. and yes I understand Chief Keith held no part in those decisions but to carry them out was just as bad or if not worse. I always wanted to like Keith but just felt he was another EA yes man.

I'm pro consumer because I know where my bread is buttered and if that means fighting the big cats and losing my job doing the right decisions then so be it, because in the end I know I was right and that nothing worse could happen to me unlike a company living on borrowed time.

(This quote is what I think of since I've been fighting the current gaming industry standards.)
"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things. I do not want to win our war like this, tiny Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true."
Darth Malgus
English equates to (Sarcasm x Endearment)

Have you heard Chief Keith is the New Reformed Ben Irving?
My Referral Link Refer A Friend T&C My Twitter Link

Ylliarus
01.05.2019 , 12:59 PM | #14
Because they like dumbing down the experience and in favour of boring grinds.

Whilst stupidly contradicting themselves like with the 100% command perk of recognising only 8 base classes?

Fun in this game is minuscule to what it use to be, like the decluttering of abilities that players felt had no justification having a place on your bar in favour of Rotation, Rotation, Rotation. I never understood such nonsense I always play a game how I see fit and what is fun and cool. Abilities I viewed as clutter just wouldn't appear on my quickbar.

Removal of stances was people moaning about new players not using the correct stances like wow talk about impatience give new players a chance to learn, we've all made mistakes.

But nothing like post 5.0 was actually how can I say it not exactly bad when compared to the shipwreck that is 5.0.

I hoped and prayed that Chief Keith would rectify them mistakes and back track on them I even personally PM'ed him to ask him explaining how great games such as KOTOR relied on choice and SWTOR was formed on that basis taking away choice from the player is when a ship starts to sink.

Forced Paywall Grind, Weekly Passes Removed, Base Classes Removed, Abilities Stripped, Active Stances Removed, Ninja/Stealth Nerfs. < All happened since 5.0. and yes I understand Chief Keith held no part in those decisions but to carry them out was just as bad or if not worse. I always wanted to like Keith but just felt he was another EA yes man.

I'm pro consumer because I know where my bread is buttered and if that means fighting the big cats and losing my job doing the right decisions then so be it, because in the end I know I was right and that nothing worse could happen to me unlike a company living on borrowed time.

(This quote is what I think of since I've been fighting the current gaming industry standards.)
"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things. I do not want to win our war like this, tiny Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true."
I admit that these few weeks that I have rolled a new Sith Assassin I find myself thinking of how it used to be in the past. I kind of even miss the first Skill Tree we had at the start of the game. I wonder if people here even remember that one. It was always fun to do that little mission around picking the Advanced Classes. The changes they made afterwards, seperating the advanced classes even further was a real pity. I kind of miss how it was before those changes, but I guess they really wanted to be able to say they have 16 classes instead of the 8 we used to have.
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!

DarthSealth
01.07.2019 , 10:15 AM | #15
I admit that these few weeks that I have rolled a new Sith Assassin I find myself thinking of how it used to be in the past. I kind of even miss the first Skill Tree we had at the start of the game. I wonder if people here even remember that one. It was always fun to do that little mission around picking the Advanced Classes. The changes they made afterwards, seperating the advanced classes even further was a real pity. I kind of miss how it was before those changes, but I guess they really wanted to be able to say they have 16 classes instead of the 8 we used to have.
Yeah I really enjoyed the hybrids etc, Was that mission the one where we'd pick our advance class on the fleet? I can't really remember but I feel as if we had to pick our classes on the fleet... Hmmm god my memory Is terrible.
Darth Malgus

Ylliarus
01.08.2019 , 06:23 PM | #16
Yeah I really enjoyed the hybrids etc, Was that mission the one where we'd pick our advance class on the fleet? I can't really remember but I feel as if we had to pick our classes on the fleet... Hmmm god my memory Is terrible.
Yes, those missions did indeed start on the fleet! They didn't have that much content of course but it was a really enjoyable bit that made the choice of the advanced classes feel special and immersive. You learned something of the advanced classes lorewise as well, so it was basically story fluff but very nice story fluff.

And that was the fun thing, that with the skill tree back then you could actually make a form of hybrid. They were really nicely designed and made the choice of skill perks interesting and engaging, but sadly they dumbed it down. I've no complaints about the current system ofc, but still, the first one was better.

But most importantly I miss having Force Lightning on Sith Assassins, it's really a thing for me. Sith Inquisitors are my favourite class and it was always so cool to be able to use the ability on my toons. When Bioware took it away I actually stopped playing and then deleted my Sith Assassins, because they didn't feel proper anymore. I wish we got Force Lightning and Telekinetic Throw back on Assassins and Shadows, then don't feel right without those abilities

arunav
01.08.2019 , 09:02 PM | #17
Yes, please.

Though, even more so, I'd like Phase Walk back.

Sorry, but Sages and Sorcs aren't even stealth classes. And it was OUR ability since 2.0.

Lastly, I'd love it if the 5.0 additional animation when activating your "defensive bubble" in tank spec (I can't recall the name, but it's one of the defensive cooldowns) were altered or removed. It's a big purple or yellow blob at your feet. On Shadows, it looks like swirling vomit (or worse) even with graphics settings on Ultra. The regular general ability already had a very visible effect on the player character. There was no need to add this in when 5.0 came out.

Then again, 5.0 did so many things that were... well, not for the best.
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

Ylliarus
01.09.2019 , 05:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Yes, please.

Though, even more so, I'd like Phase Walk back.

Sorry, but Sages and Sorcs aren't even stealth classes. And it was OUR ability since 2.0.

Lastly, I'd love it if the 5.0 additional animation when activating your "defensive bubble" in tank spec (I can't recall the name, but it's one of the defensive cooldowns) were altered or removed. It's a big purple or yellow blob at your feet. On Shadows, it looks like swirling vomit (or worse) even with graphics settings on Ultra. The regular general ability already had a very visible effect on the player character. There was no need to add this in when 5.0 came out.

Then again, 5.0 did so many things that were... well, not for the best.
Yup, Phase Walk should have stayed for both classes really. I still can't wrap my head around some of the changes they made, in the sense that those changes were absolutely not necessary and only r ruined stuff.

I really wouldn't mind it if Bioware just said "yup, we made a mistake, sorry, let's revert some things". I mean, I can't imagine people complaining if they got Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw and Phase Walk back on their Assassins/Shadows.

And if they really want something else for those advanced classes, they can make a special form of Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw for them, that is like cast with only one hand and is mobile or something. Seriously, we even see that Sith Assassin in the Return trailer cast Force Lightning with one hand. Why couldn't our characters do the same?

DarthSealth
01.09.2019 , 06:32 AM | #19
Yes, those missions did indeed start on the fleet! They didn't have that much content of course but it was a really enjoyable bit that made the choice of the advanced classes feel special and immersive. You learned something of the advanced classes lorewise as well, so it was basically story fluff but very nice story fluff.

And that was the fun thing, that with the skill tree back then you could actually make a form of hybrid. They were really nicely designed and made the choice of skill perks interesting and engaging, but sadly they dumbed it down. I've no complaints about the current system ofc, but still, the first one was better.

But most importantly I miss having Force Lightning on Sith Assassins, it's really a thing for me. Sith Inquisitors are my favourite class and it was always so cool to be able to use the ability on my toons. When Bioware took it away I actually stopped playing and then deleted my Sith Assassins, because they didn't feel proper anymore. I wish we got Force Lightning and Telekinetic Throw back on Assassins and Shadows, then don't feel right without those abilities
Yeah the old spec tree I loved despite at first it was frustrating because never had/knew the concept of it but I grew to love it, I actually have been asking for this back or I wouldn't say no to a vanilla server base with all the old quirks but still updated with the new content just for comparison which systems are indeed more popular like (New vs Old System)

Yes I do miss lightning but then again I guess that's why I always went with Darkness. Which is my third in line go to character (Main is Fury, Second is Immortal & Third is Darkness) I do however play the other specs probably my Fourth is Engineering. I am rather growing fond of Hatred, I did hate it back before Deception nerf because Deception was super fun, fast and OP at lvl 70.

But all in all I can't remember much of the old skill trees I never really played all classes with it and it was removed fairly quick in my opinion, I know I played as a semi hybrid of Rage on both Juggernaut and Marauder. I played a little on my Assassin but that was it really. The Assassin I abandoned half way through, because I only liked playing my two SW specs whilst being called a "Smash Monkey" those were the times. I left the game around 2.0 when they removed Savage Kick because it left me deeply disgruntled.

I felt the same when they removed Disable Droid in 5.0. However I shortly found out that was only the tip of the iceberg to perhaps make me feel that overall Patch 5.0. was the worse patch in SWTOR history it damaged an already damaged game to unrepairable lengths and will ultimately cause the death of SWTOR.
Darth Malgus

Pscyon
01.09.2019 , 04:57 PM | #20
Sure, why not. I don't subscribe to the theory that less choice is better, be it in abilities, talents or weapon proficiencies. I understand ability pruning is seen as necessary to dumb things down for dumb players and pvp whi--- err, balance, but surely these particular abilities can't have caused the developers that much of a headache.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.