Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Return Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw To Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Return Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw To Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows

Ylliarus
01.09.2019 , 07:01 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Sure, why not. I don't subscribe to the theory that less choice is better, be it in abilities, talents or weapon proficiencies. I understand ability pruning is seen as necessary to dumb things down for dumb players and pvp whi--- err, balance, but surely these particular abilities can't have caused the developers that much of a headache.
Exactly, I understand why they might have wanted to prune the abilities but it was completely unnecessary in my opinion. The devs were met with backlash when they went to remove Phase Walk from Assassins and Shadows, which should have been a major signal that the 5.0 class changes were in fact NOT wanted.

But I repeat, it's absolutely not too late for the devs to go and revert to how things used to be. Assassins and Shadows should get back Phase Walk, Crushing Darkness/Mind Crush and Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw. Things were better before those abilities were taken away from those advanced classes, so it's time to revert to how it was.

It would be nice to get a reply from Bioware about this topic. It's obvious people aren't satisfied with the changes that had been made from this thread. Going back to how it was would do the game good.
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.

Loki_
01.09.2019 , 08:07 PM | #22
Force lightning 30m range with recklessness was a great way to interrupt a cap if you were out of range before the 10m range hammer came down on all melee skills

Cascading debris / deprading volts needs to be a 1 global skill too its eats to much of the rotation time and considering every other channeled tank ability was changed to instant / 1 gcd I do not get why they left shadow / sin like that.

Ylliarus
01.10.2019 , 03:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Loki_ View Post
Force lightning 30m range with recklessness was a great way to interrupt a cap if you were out of range before the 10m range hammer came down on all melee skills

Cascading debris / deprading volts needs to be a 1 global skill too its eats to much of the rotation time and considering every other channeled tank ability was changed to instant / 1 gcd I do not get why they left shadow / sin like that.
In all honesty? If they gave Depredating Volts/Cascading Debris to all the Assassin and Shadow specs that would be great as well. I had always been confused why the Tank spec had gotten that ability and the two other specs, for whom that specific ability would have been more logical, didn't.

I hope that Bioware will notice this thread and see they made mistakes with the changes to the Assassins and Shadows. Really, it's not too late to revert the advanced classes to how they used to be. Just make Depredating Bolts/Cascading Debris a universal Assassin/Shadow ability and return Phase Walk and Crushing Darkness/Mind Crush to both. It's really easy.
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!

TGaP_Andrey
01.10.2019 , 09:11 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Both advanced classes were able to use Force Lightning until the devs decided to make uncalled for changes to the classes.
Yup, I know. And that's what I call "Justice" - a latecomer, but still. It's our, Masters of the Force, tool, it's not for your stickwaving kind. I suggest you to get used to it.

Ylliarus
01.10.2019 , 09:30 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TGaP_Andrey View Post
Yup, I know. And that's what I call "Justice" - a latecomer, but still. It's our, Masters of the Force, tool, it's not for your stickwaving kind. I suggest you to get used to it.
You do realise I have both a Sorc and an Assassin that I play? If you think you're being witty here then please, let me end your delusions. The fact you behave like this is somewhat ridiculous, because you act as if players who play Assassins instead of Sorcs at least killed one of your family members. Your delusions of feeling better as a Sorc than an Assassins does you absolutely no good when it comes to public perceptions and I am inclined to believe you're a troll.

DarthSealth
01.10.2019 , 09:54 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
You do realise I have both a Sorc and an Assassin that I play? If you think you're being witty here then please, let me end your delusions. The fact you behave like this is somewhat ridiculous, because you act as if players who play Assassins instead of Sorcs at least killed one of your family members. Your delusions of feeling better as a Sorc than an Assassins does you absolutely no good when it comes to public perceptions and I am inclined to believe you're a troll.
Nah he's just got a member count that I would identify as missing out on the golden era of swtor. I would assume he came around 3.x or maybe later.

But he's making claims on lightning as if Sorc's should have had phasewalk which was indeed an exclusive assassin ability for the case of lightning or crushing darkness both was base class abilities that neither held exclusive rights too so that's the other flaw in his belief.
Darth Malgus
English equates to (Sarcasm x Endearment)

Have you heard Chief Keith is the New Reformed Ben Irving?
My Referral Link Refer A Friend T&C My Twitter Link

SiegePro
01.10.2019 , 10:40 AM | #27
Frankly, getting depredating bolts and keeping your basic lightning attack are a big part of why I go tank in alacrity dps gesr for my spec. Since I don’t do PVP or high end raiding I’m willing to trade some damage to actually feel like a proper gish (i.e. a class that uses a mix of melee and spellcasting; excelling at neither, but gaining advantage through their flexibility).

My true preference would be an actual dps version of the darkness spec; just scale the acc, damage and defensive buffs to be in line with dps instead of tank (so the passive debuffs it applies with attacks would be to defenses/healing instead of to acc and damage, you’d need accuracy since you’d not get the +10% from tank spec, but wouldn’t get the damage penalty either, etc.).

Ylliarus
01.10.2019 , 05:40 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSealth View Post
Nah he's just got a member count that I would identify as missing out on the golden era of swtor. I would assume he came around 3.x or maybe later.

But he's making claims on lightning as if Sorc's should have had phasewalk which was indeed an exclusive assassin ability for the case of lightning or crushing darkness both was base class abilities that neither held exclusive rights too so that's the other flaw in his belief.
Exactly, no one advanced class has had or has a monopoly on any of the abilities, or at least, shouldn't have one. Force Lightning, Crushing Darkness, Phasewalk (naturally also including the Repside counterparts) were all part of the Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular classes respectively. When the devs removed those abilities from the class in the Assassin and Shadow advanced classes, they made a huge mistake. Especially if you play a Sith Inquisitor it can be at times really frustrating, being able to torture someone with Force Lightning in the cutscenes but not being able to cast Force Lightning at mobs or enemy players.

Ylliarus
01.11.2019 , 06:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SiegePro View Post
Frankly, getting depredating bolts and keeping your basic lightning attack are a big part of why I go tank in alacrity dps gesr for my spec. Since I don’t do PVP or high end raiding I’m willing to trade some damage to actually feel like a proper gish (i.e. a class that uses a mix of melee and spellcasting; excelling at neither, but gaining advantage through their flexibility).

My true preference would be an actual dps version of the darkness spec; just scale the acc, damage and defensive buffs to be in line with dps instead of tank (so the passive debuffs it applies with attacks would be to defenses/healing instead of to acc and damage, you’d need accuracy since you’d not get the +10% from tank spec, but wouldn’t get the damage penalty either, etc.).
That's a very interesting take on the Sith Assassin class and basically how I had viewed it as well, a spellcaster who also wants to be able to use melee. But isn't a set up like you described not allowed? Or do I misunderstand the concept of a skank tank? But then again, if you don't do PvP I don't think it would matter even if the build you described was indeed a skank tank (not saying it is of course).