All packs available on the Cartel Market.

I feel that the packs should never get removed from the Cartel Market and that by keeping all of them on the market at all times it would greatly benefit both existing and new players. Below are my reasons and some suggested changes as well to compensate for the amount of packs.

Cartel Market Changes

The small changes that can easily be done is in the sections Packs and Equipment. For packs when it is clicked on, instead of just listing every single pack, supercrate and hypercrate, it should just expand down into a sub menu. The sub menu should be listed as follows for example:

• Shipment 1 - Cartel
  • Shipment 2 - Contraband
  • Shipment 3 - Bounty
  • Shipment 4 - Starfighter

All the way to the number of current shipments and further as more are added. To help ensure it doesn't use too much space it should also have a scroll bar as the list gets longer. Then when you click a specific shipment, it will then display in the middle screen all the packs for that shipment only. All of them should be available in 3 options: pack, supercrate and hypercrate.

For the Equipment option, it should also expand into a sub menu when clicked and everything that is sold directly sorted into their respective categories of Armor, Weapons, Pets, Mounts, etc.

Benefits

1. It would allow new players who weren't around the ability to buy packs to get sets that are no longer available. Some of those new players may want a set or item from a pack but if it's either not available or set at a huge price on the GTN that they will never get and could potentially turn them away from the game. The benefit affects current players as well that may have also started later on in the game.

2. Any sets or items players may get that they don't want they can sell on the GTN which by increasing what is available will help reduce some of the hyperinflation the GTN has become with many of the items. This in turn will give players more choices of either buying packs or saving up on the GTN.

As it sits yes a player can save up now, however the prices on some items are so staggering that it becomes more of a deterrent to not try to. By having more items on the GTN, it will force prices lower and as above give players more choices.

By having packs available, it will encourage more sales of these packs and will help deter some players; while not all, from using things like credit selling sites. By having the GTN prices so high it becomes a temptation to use those sites versus trying to save up. This could help reduce players that use them.

3. By having the equipment that were direct sale in the Market as well especially some of the older items, players who may not have gotten them would be able to purchase them. This also solves another issue. When you purchase a direct item and go to unlock it, it redirects you to the equipment page. If it's removed, it cannot be unlock ever again on future characters. While some items may not be high sellers, there are players both new and existing that may still buy them and it would be a lost of sales to remove them.

Conclusion

I know some people say that it takes away from the rarity of a set or item but not everyone will be running around in the same set. Some people like to mix and match pieces, some people may like a specific set but since there are so many out there and more always being added, you won't be seeing everyone the same sets all the time.

These are just some ideas on how it help out with some of the issues with GTN, increasing Cartel Coin and Market sales and reduce the need for players or thought of using credit sellers.

I know these things won't fully resolve or by any means an end all solution especially credit sellers but it may still have a positive effect.

Edited by Nightblazer

I agree with this point, plus the fact that the new command crates have been utterly garbage. The vigilant defenders pack looks like starting equipment reskined to look higher tier. The only good thing ive gotten is the peacekeepers unstable polesaber and a golden crystal. I wish I was able to get Havoc squad armor however on my server (pot5) the combined total of said set would be over 40 mil, that means i'd have to do literally all the heroics on all my characters every day for 3 weeks. I would definitely love to see all the packs on the market and get the chance to get things I didn't have the time or money to get.

Never gonna happen. Bio don't want you to outright buy everything you want and lose interest.

Far better to keep you in wait of the stuff you want with a high chance you buy smth you don't really need each week.

Edited by iFruit

Never gonna happen. Bio don't want you to outright buy everything you want and lose interest.

Far better to keep you in wait of the stuff you want with a high chance you buy smth you don't really need each week.

But the players know that the stuff they want won't return (in most cases). So they won't wait. I do believe BW could raise their CM income noticably if they would go with the OP's idea. The only ones suffering from it are the whales who sell their shinies for 80 million credits per piece etc. If a player has the chance to buy from another player for ingame currency or from BW for real life moolah, why would BW not opt in for the latter? (I also like the sorting order ideas from the OP.)

Totally disagree why should a player start today be able to get something that was discontinued 5 years ago.

Not everything should be around all the time no should people who come late to a game be able to get things from the first year

somethings should stay special and if all packs stayed in game theres nothing special about some of the stuff

Edited by Upirlikhyi

But the players know that the stuff they want won't return (in most cases). So they won't wait. I do believe BW could raise their CM income noticably if they would go with the OP's idea. The only ones suffering from it are the whales who sell their shinies for 80 million credits per piece etc. If a player has the chance to buy from another player for ingame currency or from BW for real life moolah, why would BW not opt in for the latter? (I also like the sorting order ideas from the OP.)

becasue then nothing would be special and noone would have pride in having something

not everything should be given to everyone

becasue then nothing would be special and noone would have pride in having something

not everything should be given to everyone

Not everyone would be walking around in the same gear, not everyone will guarantee get the item from a pack. This is all cosmetic gear, it's not gear that's been removed from game like the old orange sets from pre 4.0 and it's not gear that dropped from an old ops / fp boss that doesn't drop anymore.

It's cosmetic stuff and players should not be prevented from having their character have cosmetic market gear. Your not going to see every warrior in malgus set. Some just want pieces of a set to mix with other pieces.

Not being "special" is not something of a business justification for BW to not have those items. Having packs always on market is something that benefits both BW and players. BW gets more $$$$$$ from either cartel coin purchases or indirectly from players that come to the game to subscribe to get free monthly coins with their subscription to buy the packs with.

Players who don't want to wait can not sub and still get the gear. The benefits far outweigh it not being "special" which doesn't make sense in that it's not a drop that everyone fought for from an in-game activity.

Not everyone would be walking around in the same gear, not everyone will guarantee get the item from a pack. This is all cosmetic gear, it's not gear that's been removed from game like the old orange sets from pre 4.0 and it's not gear that dropped from an old ops / fp boss that doesn't drop anymore.

It's cosmetic stuff and players should not be prevented from having their character have cosmetic market gear. Your not going to see every warrior in malgus set. Some just want pieces of a set to mix with other pieces.

Not being "special" is not something of a business justification for BW to not have those items. Having packs always on market is something that benefits both BW and players. BW gets more $$$$$$ from either cartel coin purchases or indirectly from players that come to the game to subscribe to get free monthly coins with their subscription to buy the packs with.

Players who don't want to wait can not sub and still get the gear. The benefits far outweigh it not being "special" which doesn't make sense in that it's not a drop that everyone fought for from an in-game activity.

sorry but if you wait to go to best buy and buy a tv that is no longer on sale 99% of the time you dont get the sale price. if people chose to not sub and they missed out on packs not here anynore to bad. They should not be rewarded for waiting past the time they were around.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree with your idea. You have a right to it but I disagree. This whole idea that has been popping up recently (not meaning you) that even though i wasnt playing when something was in the game but am now makes me entitled to is is wrong and needs to stop

sorry but if you wait to go to best buy and buy a tv that is no longer on sale 99% of the time you dont get the sale price. if people chose to not sub and they missed out on packs not here anynore to bad. They should not be rewarded for waiting past the time they were around.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree with your idea. You have a right to it but I disagree. This whole idea that has been popping up recently (not meaning you) that even though i wasnt playing when something was in the game but am now makes me entitled to is is wrong and needs to stop

And I respectfully disagree as well. I'm sorry I'm not referring to sub rewards. If that was the case, I wouldn't even bring it up. The Cartel Market is available for both sub and non-subs, therefore just because someone didn't play a game 3 or 4 years ago for whatever the reason, age, money, etc, is not a reason for something such as cosmetic gear should be locked out of.

Sub rewards for being a sub at a certain time I fully agree with, but when you can just spend any amount of money to buy cartel coins then use those coins to buy packs, doesn't warrant them being prevented from spending money to acquire packs and honestly I know it's been brought up before and it will always continue to be brought up.

There are some requests that will continue to be asked for and have always been, whether it be a specific feature, item, mini-game (i.e., pod racing) or whatever. Natural for people to request it. You can disagree, no problem with that but to say your tired of seeing the same requests, but I'm sorry, its never going to change. People have every right to request as much as people have a right to disagree.

And I respectfully disagree as well. I'm sorry I'm not referring to sub rewards. If that was the case, I wouldn't even bring it up. The Cartel Market is available for both sub and non-subs, therefore just because someone didn't play a game 3 or 4 years ago for whatever the reason, age, money, etc, is not a reason for something such as cosmetic gear should be locked out of.

Sub rewards for being a sub at a certain time I fully agree with, but when you can just spend any amount of money to buy cartel coins then use those coins to buy packs, doesn't warrant them being prevented from spending money to acquire packs and honestly I know it's been brought up before and it will always continue to be brought up.

There are some requests that will continue to be asked for and have always been, whether it be a specific feature, item, mini-game (i.e., pod racing) or whatever. Natural for people to request it. You can disagree, no problem with that but to say your tired of seeing the same requests, but I'm sorry, its never going to change. People have every right to request as much as people have a right to disagree.

Your correct its never gonna change and i am glad we can respectfully disagree on this issue.

edit--since we respectuflly disagreed on this issue and had a decent dialogue please check out my suggestion in the suggestion box about the family tree and tell me what you think

Edited by Upirlikhyi