Imperial Stuff

I suggest putting the Imperial CE Armour on the CM, for direct purchase! Now, I know a few people don't like the idea, but me and a lot of friends wish to RP an Imperial Guild, yet none of us can afford to shell out £300 to just get an armour set. If not this, can I suggest this armour?

http://imgur.com/a/xUkrX

It's like Makeb a little, but it has a much more nicer chest piece, and different shoulder pads.

Completely agree. There are countless green armour pieces that resemble Republic Trooper gear yet I can only think of two that barely come close - Volatile Shocktrooper Set and the Makeb Reputation set. I'd love to get this armour, or at least a version that the OP linked for Direct sale. Maybe even an option in the "Store" Section of the website to get an upgrade to Collector's Edition Access. The codes were generated 5 years ago, and I'd guess most have been used. I can't upvote this idea enough. I run my own Imperial guild and it'd be so cool if we all looked like Imperial troopers.

Thirdeded. Can't say much for the CE but Imp trooper armour is the business. Me & my guild would pay good money for dat

Then it's a good thing that you can still find CE's for sale.

Sure, the cost is up there, but you did say that you and your guild would pay good money for it.

I suggest putting the Imperial CE Armour on the CM, for direct purchase! Now, I know a few people don't like the idea, but me and a lot of friends wish to RP an Imperial Guild, yet none of us can afford to shell out £300 to just get an armour set. If not this, can I suggest this armour?

http://imgur.com/a/xUkrX

It's like Makeb a little, but it has a much more nicer chest piece, and different shoulder pads.

That armor should remain on the CE vendor and not on the CM, IMO.

If you want that look, there are still CE's for sale on the second hand market.

If you refuse to pay the going rate for a CE, then you can farm Makeb rep and get the armor from Makeb. I'm guessing that the Makeb armor and a gray dye should be pretty close to the look of the CE armor, although not exact.

If you refuse to pay the going rate for a CE, then you can farm Makeb rep and get the armor from Makeb. I'm guessing that the Makeb armor and a gray dye should be pretty close to the look of the CE armor, although not exact.

Didn't read the whole thing, the Makeb armour looks BAD, the chest piece barely resembles what Imperial Troopers wear! Only the helmet does!

Why keep it on the CE? It's been 5 years, more people want the set! Give them something better and give us the Trooper armour, why is the most mass-produced armour in the Empire so rare?!

Then it's a good thing that you can still find CE's for sale.

Sure, the cost is up there, but you did say that you and your guild would pay good money for it.

There's a difference between paying like, what, £15 for the armour than £300. There's also the fact that a limited amount exist, meaning not everyone can get them.

CE upgrade would be cool, just give us access to the vendor for £40 or something, no need for the physical stuff.

Didn't read the whole thing, the Makeb armour looks BAD, the chest piece barely resembles what Imperial Troopers wear! Only the helmet does!

Why keep it on the CE? It's been 5 years, more people want the set! Give them something better and give us the Trooper armour, why is the most mass-produced armour in the Empire so rare?!

What "something better" would you suggest that BW give the CE owners so that you can have what you KNOW you are NOT entitled to have?

What happens when those who do not have the CE and access to the CE vendor decide that they want that "something better"? Would BW need to give the CE owners a new "something better"? What happens when THAT "something better" is demanded by those who do not have the CE?

Make no mistake. There will always be those that want what they KNOW they are NOT entitled to have. There will always be those who covet that which others have and they do not. All you need do to see that is to look in a mirror.

Part of what those who paid the $150 for the CE were promised was access to that exclusive vendor with exclusive items not available to those without the CE. They were not promised access to an exclusive vendor with items that would be exclusive as long as those without the CE didn't want them.

What "something better" would you suggest that BW give the CE owners so that you can have what you KNOW you are NOT entitled to have?

What happens when those who do not have the CE and access to the CE vendor decide that they want that "something better"? Would BW need to give the CE owners a new "something better"? What happens when THAT "something better" is demanded by those who do not have the CE?

Make no mistake. There will always be those that want what they KNOW they are NOT entitled to have. There will always be those who covet that which others have and they do not. All you need do to see that is to look in a mirror.

Part of what those who paid the $150 for the CE were promised was access to that exclusive vendor with exclusive items not available to those without the CE. They were not promised access to an exclusive vendor with items that would be exclusive as long as those without the CE didn't want them.

Lol, you sound like such a dislikable person. The only thing I want is the Imperial Trooper Armor, why not? The Republic set was literally something you could get from levelling! I don't want all the other items you lot have, just something so I can finally RP with my guild properly.

Even without the CE, the set I linked would be nice, mix between Pierce and Makeb.

BETTER YET. JUST MAKE THE COMPANION ARMOUR BIND TO LEGACY, SO I CAN JUST SEND OVER MY PIERCE ARMOUR.

It's been five years. You say you can buy them on the second hand market, but it's highly unlikely these codes are going to work.

It's been five years. You say you can buy them on the second hand market, but it's highly unlikely these codes are going to work.

And you think that the fact that it has been 5 years entitles Johnny to something he KNOWS he is NOT entitled to have?

Limited items are exactly that--limited. Sometimes if Johnny doesn't get one when they are more readily available, for whatever reason, he misses his chance, no matter how much he later wants that limited item.

As a CE owner, I have no issue with reskins being made available elsewhere as long as they are different enough to be distinct. Reskins are to be expected in MMOs. I also have no problem with a digital CE upgrade being made available as long as the price doesn't trivialize what physical CE owners paid. If having an influx of new CE owners means fresh items on the vender, then that's a win all around.

Lol, you sound like such a dislikable person. The only thing I want is the Imperial Trooper Armor, why not? The Republic set was literally something you could get from levelling! I don't want all the other items you lot have, just something so I can finally RP with my guild properly.

Even without the CE, the set I linked would be nice, mix between Pierce and Makeb.

BETTER YET. JUST MAKE THE COMPANION ARMOUR BIND TO LEGACY, SO I CAN JUST SEND OVER MY PIERCE ARMOUR.

If not blindly supporting making something that is exclusive to CE owners available to every Johnny come lately makes me a unlikable person in your opinion, then so be it.

BTW, you didn't answer my question. What "something better" would you suggest that BW give to the CE owners in return for making that armor available to every Johnny come lately? What about all the other items on the CE vendor? There have been "suggestions" to make the black/yellow dye available to everyone? Should BW give the CE owners "something better" so that every Johnny come lately can have that dye? What happens when those "something betters" are desired by some Johnny come lately? Does BW give the CE owners another "something better" that Johnny come lately will then want as well? Where does it stop?

I can't really say what BioWare could give them that's better, but I mean, there's likely plenty of stuff you can easily give them instead. I mean, they already have all the cool physical stuff.

But I suppose, what you could do, is give them something more distinct, perhaps something that resembles Darth Vader, or whatnot? (and dont go on about lore with the armours, they've already added TFA snowtroopers), maybe even allow them access to a different variant of Trooper armour, like an Officer set? I dunno, you tell me.

All I ask for, is the ability to be able to happily RP with the AUTHENTIC Trooper armour, Makeb is just poverty. Whether I get it through direct CM or if I can digitally upgrade to the CE on SWTOR.com - it'd be nice to finally wear it.

I can't really say what BioWare could give them that's better, but I mean, there's likely plenty of stuff you can easily give them instead. I mean, they already have all the cool physical stuff.

But I suppose, what you could do, is give them something more distinct, perhaps something that resembles Darth Vader, or whatnot? (and dont go on about lore with the armours, they've already added TFA snowtroopers), maybe even allow them access to a different variant of Trooper armour, like an Officer set? I dunno, you tell me.

All I ask for, is the ability to be able to happily RP with the AUTHENTIC Trooper armour, Makeb is just poverty. Whether I get it through direct CM or if I can digitally upgrade to the CE on SWTOR.com - it'd be nice to finally wear it.

Let's say they give the CE owners "something better" that resembles Darth Vader's armor. Don't you think that would start an instant clamoring for THAT armor, something so iconic to Star Wars, to be made available to non CE owners? As I said, where does it stop?

I'm not the one who is asking for something which I KNOW I am NOT entitled to have.

As a CE owner, I have no issue with reskins being made available elsewhere as long as they are different enough to be distinct. Reskins are to be expected in MMOs. I also have no problem with a digital CE upgrade being made available as long as the price doesn't trivialize what physical CE owners paid. If having an influx of new CE owners means fresh items on the vender, then that's a win all around.

Like you, I have no objections to reskins being made available, as long as they are different enough to be distinct and not just in color that can be changed with a dye.

I am against a digital upgrade to the CE, as I do not think that BW could price it at a price that would not trivialize what the physical CE owners paid without having masses cries that the price is too high from those that don't have the CE.

I do not, however, foresee any new additions to that vendor in the foreseeable future. Even if BW were to offer a digital CE upgrade, and there were thousands of new "CE" owners accessing that vendor, I doubt it would see any appreciable upgrades, as BW seems reluctant at best to offer anything new and exciting by any means other than the CM.

I am against a digital upgrade to the CE, as I do not think that BW could price it at a price that would not trivialize what the physical CE owners paid without having masses cries that the price is too high from those that don't have the CE.

Pretty much. Personally, I'd be willing to go up to about two thirds of the original physical CE price, but if they priced it higher, I'd just skip it. There's a secondary question that crawls out of the murky corners of my head, though.

What would you say if they released new boxes of physical CE? At the same (or, perhaps, inflation-adjusted) price as before, perhaps discounted because there's no buy-box-to-play requirement any more.

No, I don't see it happening either, any more than I see ArenaNet re-releasing the physical CE for GW2 that I have a copy of, but what would you say?

There is no reason for things to remain exclusive for 5 years but if that happen's i'd like to see another, exclusive armor set on CE vendor. As was promised, we were supposed to get a dynamic assortment of items as an incentive to keep coming back. And as Ohlen said in the interview - exclusive weapons and armor.

There is no reason for things to remain exclusive for 5 years but if that happen's i'd like to see another, exclusive armor set on CE vendor. As was promised, we were supposed to get a dynamic assortment of items as an incentive to keep coming back. And as Ohlen said in the interview - exclusive weapons and armor.

I disagree.

There is more than enough reason for things to remain exclusive for 5 years, even for the life of the game. Those who bought the CE were not promised access to "temporarily exclusive items".

Just as with the subscriber rewards, making those exclusive items available to every Tom, Dick and Harry would only server to undermine the demand for CE's of any future game that BW produces. Why should Johnny pay the extra money to buy the CE when he can wait a while, cry on the forums and get the shinies without having to pay the extra for the CE?

I agree that the CE vendor should receive those regular updates with new armors and weapons. I'd like to see one new set of armor and one new weapon with each patch. They seem to be able to create new items for the CM with each patch.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening, though. That would take away from the CM.

I disagree.

There is more than enough reason for things to remain exclusive for 5 years, even for the life of the game. Those who bought the CE were not promised access to "temporarily exclusive items".

Just as with the subscriber rewards, making those exclusive items available to every Tom, Dick and Harry would only server to undermine the demand for CE's of any future game that BW produces. Why should Johnny pay the extra money to buy the CE when he can wait a while, cry on the forums and get the shinies without having to pay the extra for the CE?

I agree that the CE vendor should receive those regular updates with new armors and weapons. I'd like to see one new set of armor and one new weapon with each patch. They seem to be able to create new items for the CM with each patch.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening, though. That would take away from the CM.

Do you think you could at least agree on having the armour set I linked at the end of my OP?

Do you think you could at least agree on having the armour set I linked at the end of my OP?

I would not object to that armor being made available.

If BW ever does put it in the game, I would be very surprised if it were not put in packs as a gold item, though. That would likely make it pretty costly in terms of credits.

Another WAH~, I want it and I want it Now thread.

The Johnny come latelies have been horrible. Direct sale older gold armor sets and Regens not enough, now they're trying to get their grubby hands on exclusive vendors. Like hell I support this; No, no, NO.

Same goes for reputation vendors from previous pack waves on fleet. Might as well bring back pvp season rewards .

Post summary: It's been out for x amount of time, so that entitles me to get access to exclusive content at a 'pittance'.

Next they'll try to get their claws on the black-yellow pre-order crystal, and sub rewards.... again.

Edited by Willjb

Put a modified version/ DISTINCT VARIATION, but keep your grubby hands off the CE vendor unless you're willing to pay the going rate. Price of goods for old stuff should go up, not down over time.

Were you here when the CE box set was released? Are you willing to pay the current going rate to get the old exclusive content from it? If not, then don't trivialize what older players have so you can get rare stuff on the cheap.

Edited by Willjb

Put a modified version/ DISTINCT VARIATION, but keep your grubby hands off the CE vendor unless you're willing to pay the going rate. Price of goods for old stuff should go up, not down over time.

Were you here when the CE box set was released? Are you willing to pay the current going rate to get the old exclusive content from it? If not, then don't trivialize what older players have so you can get rare stuff on the cheap.

I mean, I was like 12 when SWTOR came out so I couldn't exactly muster up £150, I would have if I could have.

What about the set I linked?