Never purchasing another pack.

Fiqh

Maybe this is in the wrong section. Perhaps I should put in the Dev section. All I know is I bought 6 packs 43 real dollars I spent. And got absolutely nothing I wanted in return. All I wanted was a chest piece. That's it. Its not even considered a rare item. Instead I got a ton of junk. I want my money back. I spent my entire allowance for the game and have nothing to show for it. I don't know how but something about this pack system has to change.

That's the reason i dont buy packs anymore, just do some heroics etc get some credits and buy stuff from gtn when new packs come out. Right now there is too big change to get nothing or just like lower body armor that are worth 500k. Those grand nightlife packs where great with increased change of rare drops, i got those 12 from cm. Edited by sahonen

Maybe this is in the wrong section. Perhaps I should put in the Dev section. All I know is I bought 6 packs 43 real dollars I spent. And got absolutely nothing I wanted in return. All I wanted was a chest piece. That's it. Its not even considered a rare item. Instead I got a ton of junk. I want my money back. I spent my entire allowance for the game and have nothing to show for it. I don't know how but something about this pack system has to change.

Why does it have to change? It's a random draw thing. Why did you expect that it would give you the thing you wanted? There's no "I want X" button on it, so it doesn't know you want X.

No refund for you. You got exactly what you paid for, six chances at the draw. The fact that the draw doesn't care about you either way is neither here nor there.

And on the question of rare or not-rare items: What's rare or not rare is the *class* of item. An individual bronze-tagged item might be infrequent, but bronze-tagged items *in general* are common. It all depends on how many different items of each rarity class there are. If there's a thousand different bronze-tags and one gold-tag, the gold-tag will occur more often than any particular bronze-tag. (Extreme example) But that's to be expected because the rarity is the rarity of the whole class, not the individual items.

They really need to improve the state of packs right now. Spending $40 on packs should have some sort of minimum guarantee attached to it so you don't end up wasting your money (which, on average, is what happens). This minimum guarantee could come in the form of a guaranteed number of gold items from a Hypercrate, or if they bring back cartel certificates, a minimum number of certificates.

As it stands, you should never buy Hypercrates as they are never worth the CC price they go for on the CM. You can always convert CC to credits and then use those credits to buy 99% (if not 100%) of the items from the GTN from any Hypercrates currently being sold for far less CC (usually less than half) than what they go for on the CM, even when they're on sale for 50% off.

This is why, along with many others, I've stopped buying packs and never will again unless packs are drastically improved. The whole system is designed to benefit cartel whales over everyone else.

Edited by Anduhar

I do too know why you would expect anything different when it's RNG. Just buy them, sell them directly on the GTN and then buy from the GTN what you want with the credits. But the black/black dyed when they are available and sell those directly. You can usually get like 50mil each.

Considering how many y different items are in a pack, it's just better to just never open them.

They really need to improve the state of packs right now. Spending $40 on packs should have some sort of minimum guarantee attached to it so you don't end up wasting your money (which, on average, is what happens). This minimum guarantee could come in the form of a guaranteed number of gold items from a Hypercrate, or if they bring back cartel certificates, a minimum number of certificates.

Back in the day, there was a "platinum pack" in each Explorer series hypercrate in addition to the 24 packs. It contained one gold item.

You know what happened?

People complained that it didn't give them the gold item they wanted.

And what I get from packs is the fun of seeing what's in them. I'm kinda like a little kid at Christmas when I'm opening them.

So either open them like a kid at 4am on Christmas morning, or unwrap the hypercrate and sell the packs, or buy something that gives a better CC=>credit conversion on the GTN. Or don't bother. There's nothing in the terms of service that says you *must* buy them. Nor that you *must* buy this or that fancy armour on the GTN.

Dude I spent 11 000 cartel coins which are worth 80$ and didn't get the set i wanted from Galactic Legends but I didn't complain,Everything I got, I selled and got credits for it instead,so you can always find a way to compensate. It's a draw chance and it requires luck. Sometimes it happens,sometimes it doesn't. They didn't ask you to spend money,you did it by your own decision.

Nobody forced you to spend the money, you knew that it was random and the actual chances of getting exactly the items that you wanted was remote to say the least. Nothing needs to change except peoples attitudes to cry foul when they do not get what they want from a random system.

And what I get from packs is the fun of seeing what's in them. I'm kinda like a little kid at Christmas when I'm opening them.

This is exactly the right way how to handle the pack opening experience. Everything else will lead to disappointment. I do enjoy opening packs from time to time, just for the fun of it. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. The last pack brought me quite nice stuff and good credits. The pack before was disastrous. Either way, I had fun for a few minutes.

I can only recommend to not open any packages if you are longing for a particular item, but instead sell packs on the GTN and buy the item you seek from the GTN as well. The winning rate for one particular item is just way too low to make opening packs reasonable (but sure, someone has to open them, otherwise no items would be for sale on the GTN). Only open packs if you are not looking for anything particular and can enjoy a random nice drop and selling the rest for some credits on the GTN.

Bought a hypercrate for $$$ this week solely because I felt grateful for the positive emotions SWTOR still delivered to me after all these years. Only got one gold item out of 24 crates, which was the bottom part of a cheapish costume no one even buys from AH. And kilotons of trash upon trash upon trash.

I'll still consta-sub, of course, and buy all the direct-purchase stuff, but there's totally zero point in these crates, as it were. So +1 to topic starter

but there's totally zero point in these crates

I'll just remind you of this:

That's the point. Any individual "cool" item you get is a bonus, but it isn't the *point*.

Well not for me, I'm not your typical gambler.

I hold no grudge as the purchase was made as a donation in gratitude for the fun I got, as I said.

From a practical PoV though, that would be a 5500CC pack wasted utterly.

I hold no grudge as the purchase was made as a donation in gratitude for the fun I got, as I said.

A practical PoV? Well, I bought them to have fun, and I had fun. Sounds like a winner to me. Note also that the "typical gambler" does not gamble for the fun of seeing what he wins.

You can still purchase a hypercrate as a "donation in gratitude for the fun" you get, but no one says that you have to open it.

You can sell the hypercrate or open the hypercrate and sell individual packs, either now or later, and put whatever money you make towards the purchase of specific items that you like from these packs.

The packs themselves are a gamble. Always have been.

Before I buy any packs to open myself I have to want more than just one or two things from that pack.

I look for at least one armor set, preferably two or more, but then I look at weapons, color crystals, pets, transport, even stronghold decorations.

The more stuff I like, the more likely I am to buy some packs as my chances of getting things I want goes up.

I sell the extras/unwanted stuff and that, hopefully, helps give me the money I need to buy the missing pieces or to buy those odd pieces from future sets that I like.

It works best for people that buy packs that everyone does not follow suit.

After all, if everyone is buying all these packs to get all this stuff that they like, who will buy my extras and unwanteds?

And this is especially true for people that buy multiple hypercrates on a regular basis.

Open at your own risk. Its a gamble. Ya da ya da ya da... Like the lottery ... ect ect ect. Didn't get what you wanted? Too bad so sad. I'm sorry I just don't feel that after all the money I pour into this game the best they can offer me is a meager chance of being able to customize the cosmetics of my toon the way I like. Everybody is different. Each of us has our own since of style. So no two players will look exactly alike. So why not make that aspect of the game free of chance, Leave the GTN and CTM for things that impact game play or stats. Why juice my pockets of hard earned real money over things like blue eyes or a chest piece. Color dyes. You all have been conditioned. Cognitive Dissonance. I encourage you all to google it.

This is a rebellion isn't it? I rebel.