PVE carnage feels a bit weak

Benirons

So to give some perspective, ive been trying to get a sense of how the specs compare to one another in relative terms.

I have a full 252 set of legacy merc healer gear that i just port around to my dps and see how they do (they also have 252 MH and OH as well, acessories and generally the free ossus gear quality, purple 228 augs on everything but accessories).

Essentially all the parses i did r w/o any set bonuses (yes i know i know but i got just the one set for everyone and getting set bonus for them all would take a rather long time).

Here r my findings so far:

Sorc madness: 8.2k (super duper consistent) static rotation

Sniper virulence: 9k (also very consistent) static rotation

AP PT: 9.3k ish (slightly less consistent cause not dot heavy)

Carnage mara: not even breaking 8k... 7.8k ish and that is with the static rotation

All parses were on the 1.5mill dummy with debuffs and no raidbuffs/adrenals.

This really feels off to me. Carnage doing less than madness in equal gear. Mara set bonus is pretty strong, so im sure it gives a bit of an edge, but no way will it make up for that big a gap. So what's going on, y is a melee spec so lackluster? Also, im surprised to see virulence performing so strongly for a ranged spec.

Edited by Benirons

You need your equipment tailored to carnage spec. Carnage has in-built bonus alacrity, so to get the 1.3s GCD other specs would need 1860+ alacrity, but with carnage you only need ~1400, so you can have a higher crit value or more mastery/power.

spec is doing fine, what you are performing with it is low, feel free to check parsely for better parses to compare with

It is a static rotation. There is nothing to screw up or do different. Parsely seems to be riddled with rigged parses with guild buffs n what not, so i do not know what is a good one even to look at.

You need your equipment tailored to carnage spec. Carnage has in-built bonus alacrity, so to get the 1.3s GCD other specs would need 1860+ alacrity, but with carnage you only need ~1400, so you can have a higher crit value or more mastery/power.

I was hearing a fair bit about 1.3s GCD but was not sure y it was a thing. Thanks for the explanation!